Help for new sellers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Rose! Very glad to know that you’ve aimed to help new Fiverr sellers. My name’s Kholmurod, and I am a new seller on Fiverr. I really need help, as my gigs haven’t been sold for almost 5 days now, and I have doubt that I’ve done something wrong, but I can’t figure out what exactly. I would highly appreciate if I could get any help. Thank you!

• Like 9

Hello Rose! Very glad to know that you’ve aimed to help new Fiverr sellers. My name’s Kholmurod, and I am a new seller on Fiverr. I really need help, as my gigs haven’t been sold for almost 5 days now, and I have doubt that I’ve done something wrong, but I can’t figure out what exactly. I would highly appreciate if I could get any help. Thank you!

Hey, welcome to Fiverr. It’s not easy to get your first order on Fiverr especially that there are many people selling on the platform. You will have to stand out so you’d be chosen. For sellers starting on the platform, I encourage you to actively promote your gigs or you can make offers in the buyers requests section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first orders.

Also for your gig, you should reconsider using another platform for your portfolio as I think that URL is not allowed, it may potentially get your gig denied.

You can find the list of approved URLs for gig description here (just scroll down when you open the link):

favicon-32x32.png.47befbdb6b6ab29cf80b36b36a6f57fe.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.6638c213dd11fa9bd20e82eced30a858.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

• Like 11

You’re welcome! I’ll take a look. 🙂

• Like 1

Hey, welcome to Fiverr. It’s not easy to get your first order on Fiverr especially that there are many people selling on the platform. You will have to stand out so you’d be chosen. For sellers starting on the platform, I encourage you to actively promote your gigs or you can make offers in the buyers requests section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first orders.

Also for your gig, you should reconsider using another platform for your portfolio as I think that URL is not allowed, it may potentially get your gig denied.

You can find the list of approved URLs for gig description here (just scroll down when you open the link):

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help.

• Like 3

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Can I share a project with other fiverr freelancer for free just to get some reviews?

• Like 2

Can I share a project with other fiverr freelancer for free just to get some reviews?

The only way you get reviews is if someone actually pays for your gig regardless who they are, you cannot give a gig for free and get a review.

I suggest instead that you make a competitive offer in the buyers request section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first buyers.

• Like 2

Um…

Making posts for the Tips categories: In most cases seller tips should be posted by leveled sellers with significant experience and understanding of the Forum Rules and Terms of Service. Tips should not be just copies or quick re-writes of off-Fiverr content or other seller’s posts. Tips should never be used in any self-promotional way. Posts that are considered redundant or otherwise a poor fit may be removed or moved to another category. Repeatedly posting tips that are a poor fit may result in posting restrictions.

Source: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's - #2 by fonthaunt

• Like 9

Um…

Making posts for the Tips categories: In most cases seller tips should be posted by leveled sellers with significant experience and understanding of the Forum Rules and Terms of Service. Tips should not be just copies or quick re-writes of off-Fiverr content or other seller’s posts. Tips should never be used in any self-promotional way. Posts that are considered redundant or otherwise a poor fit may be removed or moved to another category. Repeatedly posting tips that are a poor fit may result in posting restrictions.

Source: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's - #2 by fonthaunt

I am not sure whether you are talking to me?

• Like 3

You’ve made a thread that only links to your own threads. This is unnecessary and, indeed, redundant.

Plus those threads you link to, the first half of all of them are near identical. That makes them look like self-promotion threads (you outright say “I provide proofreading, editing and writing services on Fiverr.”). It’s great that you want to help newcomers, but talking about yourself makes these “Fiverr Stories” or “My Fiverr Gigs”, not “Tips”.

The first tips isn’t even much of a tip, it’s just general good advice. Differentiation is a foundation of entrepreneurship. The second tip is good, but Fiverr itself already covers most of it in it’s own help pages. The third tip is decent, though still basic business practices, but you provided more details that are not as well known, so that’s good.

• Like 9

You’ve made a thread that only links to your own threads. This is unnecessary and, indeed, redundant.

Plus those threads you link to, the first half of all of them are near identical. That makes them look like self-promotion threads (you outright say “I provide proofreading, editing and writing services on Fiverr.”). It’s great that you want to help newcomers, but talking about yourself makes these “Fiverr Stories” or “My Fiverr Gigs”, not “Tips”.

The first tips isn’t even much of a tip, it’s just general good advice. Differentiation is a foundation of entrepreneurship. The second tip is good, but Fiverr itself already covers most of it in it’s own help pages. The third tip is decent, though still basic business practices, but you provided more details that are not as well known, so that’s good.

There is a steady flow of new sellers joining Fiverr. My only reason for posting my tips/advice is to help those sellers, just as others helped me when I first started on Fiverr. Thanks for your opinion.

• Like 1

Hi, Rosebarlow

I hope this message finds you in good health and spirit.
I am also struggling of Fiverr form last three months, I am not receiving any order yet. I think something wrong with my Gig or too much competition. Kindly guide me about this issue how can I got orders on my Gig.

• Like 2