Sponsored gigs: progress report!

frank_d

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you bid 35 cents… do you pay 35 cents per order… or, is it literally 35 cents per click even if the click results in no orders? For example, if 100 people click and only one person orders, will I be charged $35 or 35 cents?

If you bid 35 cents… do you pay 35 cents per order

No, not necessarily. 35 cents is your maximum bid. If someone clicks on your promoted Gig, you’ll be charged between $0,02 to $0,35. You are only charged per clicks.

What I did notice that on my promoted gig I started getting at least 2-3 messages every week from new sellers asking me to give them orders or just “hi how are you” messages.

So half of my promoted impressions definitely went for those sellers who saw “ad” on my gig and decided to click on it on purpose.

I am fairly certain that this feature has safe locks that prevent this from happening.

AFAIK these ads are served to qualified profiles with buying history or clear purchase intent.

Did you receive messages from fellow sellers with a clear “sponsored” label on them?

If so, please let @amirbeno know as that would mean there’s a loophole?

Did you receive messages from fellow sellers with a clear “sponsored” label on them?

Hmm, I probably missed that part :thinking:

Now I need to double check it or keep an eye on future messages

Hmm, I probably missed that part :thinking:

Now I need to double check it or keep an eye on future messages

In all likelihood the messages from other sellers won’t have the bright green “sponsored” label on them.

Feel free to double check of course!

Hi,

@frank_d

Thanks for sharing insights about sponsored gigs.

I have 1 different query to ask.

I am nominated as TRS 5 months ago. I am still nominated and have no warnings , bad reviews or cancellation.

I have gigs which are very original and i have alot big orders completed of over $5K+ as well.

So, WHAT i wanna ask you is, if you can share by your experience, am i doing anything wrong, that’s why fiverr is not promoting me til now? I have $200+ average selling price and other factors accomplished as well.

So, by your experience what other factors should i focus on? As i seen many guys got TRS even on their 1st evaluation.

Should i make any changes or keep doing best work like usual and moving on?

Thanks for reading til now,

Hi,

@frank_d

I am nominated as TRS 5 months ago. I am still nominated and have no warnings , bad reviews or cancellation.

I have gigs which are very original and i have alot big orders completed of over $5K+ as well.

So, WHAT i wanna ask you is, if you can share by your experience, am i doing anything wrong, that’s why fiverr is not promoting me til now? I have $200+ average selling price and other factors accomplished as well.

So, by your experience what other factors should i focus on? As i seen many guys got TRS even on their 1st evaluation.

This is off-topic.

But let me say that I have no way of knowing what helps you get selected.

Price is only one of the variables.

This is something you can’t control so my advice is to keep doing what you are doing well, seek to find where you can improve.

Badge or no badge, that should be your process regardless.

If you end up getting it, great.

If not, you are already doing well so, yay.

• 2 weeks later...

The two things you described above are not connected.

That’s correlation not causation.

That’s correlation not causation.

Heyy…that’s bringing back memories from science class in middle school 😂

Sorry, this was really off-topic!

You guys are sharing your promoted gigs and And I haven’t been able to get a job for the last one month. 😔

hey @shahedulefty

What you are seeing is people who are here on the platform longer than you have, and in completely different points in their respective journeys.

No one here is boasting or bragging, while you are not doing as well, so please do not take it personally.

Participate in the forum, seek out help and try to find clues from other successful sellers.

Hi,

@frank_d

Don’t worry too much about that, if you are good and have good stats you will be chosen at some point, also talk to your success manager to give you a few tips perhaps 😉

One thing I noticed at first glance is that you have a 4.9 Rating on most gigs, and overall, now this might not be too bad in general, but most top-rated sellers you find will be at 5.0, 4.9 indicates that there still are improvement areas, so seek these out and get to work, you will be top rated in no time 😉

You guys are sharing your promoted gigs and And I haven’t been able to get a job for the last one month. 😔

Exactly, you might see my sales numbers and think “look at this guy showing off”, then again I could say the same about Frank, but that is just not why we do this, and even if it was, thinking that way helps no one. What you should see in these is what you can achieve if you work hard (and work well).

3 Years ago someone told me I could be making 500+ USD every month doing what I do, for me that sounded insane, nowadays It happens that I make that amount in a day, and I still can not really believe that.

You have been here for 1 month, I work on Fiverr full time for over 3 years, and Frank even longer than that, Fiverr is a marketplace like any other, there is no guarantee of work or payment here and we all are responsible for our own “luck”. So just have a little patience, use the extra time to hone your skills and you should be fine! 🙂

Lifetime results:

Last 90 days:

I was extremely happy with my results after my first month, where I had earned a bit more than $2000 from around $13. Can be seen here:

Since then, I have barely gotten any sales from this feature. Most people who contact me through the ad now do not know my prices or are looking to hire me as a customer service representative for their businesses, which has nothing to do with my gigs.

As a fellow translator I know what you mean, but you also have to realize that there are seasons as well in any job, in my case for example I know that in January I generally have little to no work, so it might just be a coincidence and not related to the feature itself.

Exactly, you might see my sales numbers and think “look at this guy showing off”, then again I could say the same about Frank, but that is just not why we do this, and even if it was, thinking that way helps no one. What you should see in these is what you can achieve if you work hard (and work well).

3 Years ago someone told me I could be making 500+ USD every month doing what I do, for me that sounded insane, nowadays It happens that I make that amount in a day, and I still can not really believe that.

You have been here for 1 month, I work on Fiverr full time for over 3 years, and Frank even longer than that, Fiverr is a marketplace like any other, there is no guarantee of work or payment here and we all are responsible for our own “luck”. So just have a little patience, use the extra time to hone your skills and you should be fine! 🙂

Your performance is really great, how do you manage your promotion? Some advice? Thank you

Correct, I have set it to double the recommended CPC and my daily limit is 25 USD per gig (I don’t get remotely close to 25 /day tho)

In the beginning i limited the prices, because i was focus in others things. Now i want to adjust the prices to be sure that will be enough, i’ll spend more and i hope get more results. Thanks

First order from a promoted gig.

Total spend in 4-5 days is $5.50.

Revenue from that is $125.

Also noted that a gig I thought would be competitive is actually running at 0.02 per click, which is nice.

Overall, I approve!

0.02 per click

Wow! For me it $2 CPC. I think fiverr spends more when daily budget and max bid is high.

1118034128_Screenshot2021-03-10at23_18_06.thumb.jpg.7cb9ae43a08fae68d1c40a19f82eddff.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 23.18.063032×1814 334 KB

1309345790_Screenshot2021-03-10at23_25_39.thumb.png.3d14dbd6844dbbfbd8bd83f5dbadd413.png
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 23.25.392960×760 131 KB

I am not too sure what to make of it. I’ve been using it for quite a while now.
I did have the daily spend limit set at $50, but the actual cost was around $8 per day. I now have it set at $20 and the actual cost is around $5 - So I really don’t understand why? I guess each month the total spent is about $112 or thereabouts.

Maybe someone here can give me some pointers?

0.02 per click

Wow! For me it $2 CPC. I think fiverr spends more when daily budget and max bid is high.

My daily is set to $8 I think but never get near that. My bid is far higher than that (.70 as I recall) but the cost is just 2 cents. I doubt it would be that disingenuous about the bidding system though.

Archived