Sponsored gigs: progress report!

frank_d

I am sorry to hear that @hmmirazulislam

Sounds like there’s more to your story.

I have to admit the sponsored gigs feature is not that intuitive when it comes to figuring it out.

I suggest watching Fiverr’s past webinar about sponsored gigs, they do offer some tips I used as the base of my experiment.

Fiverr’s past webinar about sponsored gigs

Can you please let me know where to see this webinar TIA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you edit a gig, I would pause the promotion before editing anything. maybe it just me, but I noticed that editing a promoted gig appears to stop everything as in impressions and clicks (i was tracking the impressions and clicks at one point), and they just stopped for days & I had to do something to kickstart it again, and this happened several times

@krheate is a good idea because once the stats start coming in, you start to get an idea of how your gig is really performing. This is my opinion, and I know people will disagree, but you may be getting sales on it, but they may not be as good as they can be (organic, not paid), and by using the promoted gigs in conjunction with making changes to the gig, you will see what works for both organic and paid promotions. In my opinion, the paid promotion results are a good indication of how well the gig is really performing because Fiverr is only pushing the promoted gigs to a targeted audience. If you are not getting conversions there, something is up & It’s time to start looking at what your competitors are doing differently, but you need patience and avoid editing the gig too frequently as the gig keeps getting removed from search each time you edit it, until it updates are approved.

Fiverr’s past webinar about sponsored gigs

Can you please let me know where to see this webinar TIA

It seems like all past events are no longer accessible.

I looked through my inbox and there is no way to watch it again.

I would pause the promotion before editing anything

That’s interesting, thank you for sharing.

So pause, edit and then re-activate promotion, all done in the span of one day?

It seems like all past events are no longer accessible.

I looked through my inbox and there is no way to watch it again.

I would pause the promotion before editing anything

That’s interesting, thank you for sharing.

So pause, edit and then re-activate promotion, all done in the span of one day?

That’s what I found; otherwise, the stats stopped. I mentioned it to support, but I think there was confusion about what the problem was, and I dropped it

100% @markp

I’d love to see an update on that dashboard and some additional control/automations.

It took me a while to see any results, and it’s currently extremely hard to get a sense of what’s working or if you made things worse when you edit stuff.

That’s some solid ROI on your end though, no doubt!

I’d love to see an update on that dashboard and some additional control/automations.

I wish we could choose specific keyword searches to promote to, and buyers from specific regions.

Voice Over is a niche where you can’t simply promote to the entirety of the “voice over” search traffic and expect good results (which is how I feel Promoted Gigs works at the moment, it just doesn’t feel very targeted). My Male VO gig performs best with people looking for a British Male Voice Over. The vast majority of those buyers are based here in the UK.

But in the past, when I’ve tried promoting my VO gig, almost all messages that come through are related to a US accent. And the cost per click is so high, it just wasn’t sustainable. I think if Fiverr could tweak this, Promoted Gigs would be a killer feature.

That said, we’ve had some pretty good results with our Screen Capture Videos gig (lifetime numbers)

25143477_Screenshot2021-02-20at15_01_17.thumb.png.f48fef1e45783e592e92941cd8ab51c1.png
Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 15.01.171068×280 8.99 KB

I need to work on improving our conversion rate, but I can see potential with this for sure.

Hi everyone,
My name is Amir, and I’m the Product Manager for Promoted Gigs.

I’m super happy to see your screenshots, and reading that you enjoy from a high ROI. This was and will always be our main goal when building the product.

I’d like to comment on few of the things you’ve mentioned:

1. Promoted Gigs is built on top of the search engine, which means that if you are on vacation / OOO / overbooked or any other status that pause your Gig from returning on search - it will automatically be paused on Promoted Gigs. So no need to “turn off” the promotion. (note that the info on the dashboard is updated every hour)

2. Promoted Gigs is built on top of the search engine, which means that if your Gig was identified as “low quality” or violated any TOS, that cause him to be blocked by the search engine - the promotion will stop. Only once it will pass the search engine requirements, he could join again the promotion program.

3. We work hard to always improve our algorithms to target the right audience on the right search terms, based on past performance, Gig titles & descriptions, and other metrics.

4. Our algorithm’s goal is to optimize your return, by choosing the right bid for each search term your Gig competes (based on the level of competition, past performance within that search term, and other metrics), up to the “bid cap” you’ve set. Setting a high “bid cap” will allow our algorithm to be more competitive when it comes to competing on the “high chances queries with high competition”.

5. When a Gig is being promoted, it doesn’t affect your organic Gig (nor its ranking). So you could double your chances to win the buyer’s attention.

6. We’ve recently updated the help center, and added some content on campaign’s optimization: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729698-Optimizing-your-Promoted-Gig-Performance-Review-

Hope that helps!
Good luck to you all
Love 💚

20210220_135404.thumb.jpg.17f8bbe330bcb0e080846105370252b8.jpg
20210220_1354042064×1548 1.24 MB

I was offered the option to do promoted gigs in October with the $10 credit. In the middle of November to the beginning of 2021, I opted not to use it - too much going on personally to do anything. In the last month and half, I saw my most popular gig getting the most exposure. I say, for myself, promoted gigs have helped out tremendously. In fact, eight of the 12 orders I have in my queue are for promoted gigs. I’ve been busy, even though the personal stuff went into overdrive.

Husband had an emergency surgery at the start of the month, and then a set back on Valentine’s Day. To say I’ve been under stress is an understatement, but I hold my own each and every day.

The promoted feature has net me even more long-term clients, and so long as it works out… So be it!

Hi everyone,

My name is Amir, and I’m the Product Manager for Promoted Gigs.

I’m super happy to see your screenshots, and reading that you enjoy from a high ROI. This was and will always be our main goal when building the product.

I’d like to comment on few of the things you’ve mentioned:

1. Promoted Gigs is built on top of the search engine, which means that if you are on vacation / OOO / overbooked or any other status that pause your Gig from returning on search - it will automatically be paused on Promoted Gigs. So no need to “turn off” the promotion. (note that the info on the dashboard is updated every hour)

2. Promoted Gigs is built on top of the search engine, which means that if your Gig was identified as “low quality” or violated any TOS, that cause him to be blocked by the search engine - the promotion will stop. Only once it will pass the search engine requirements, he could join again the promotion program.

3. We work hard to always improve our algorithms to target the right audience on the right search terms, based on past performance, Gig titles & descriptions, and other metrics.

4. Our algorithm’s goal is to optimize your return, by choosing the right bid for each search term your Gig competes (based on the level of competition, past performance within that search term, and other metrics), up to the “bid cap” you’ve set. Setting a high “bid cap” will allow our algorithm to be more competitive when it comes to competing on the “high chances queries with high competition”.

5. When a Gig is being promoted, it doesn’t affect your organic Gig (nor its ranking). So you could double your chances to win the buyer’s attention.

6. We’ve recently updated the help center, and added some content on campaign’s optimization: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729698-Optimizing-your-Promoted-Gig-Performance-Review-

Hope that helps!

Good luck to you all

Love 💚

Hey @amirbeno

Thank you so much for joining the discussion and for all your valuable feedback.

I think the feature works as intended, In my case I feel like there’s a somewhat steady stream of enquiries from people who click on my promoted gig.

Are there any plans to enhance the current dashboard or hand off some of the targeting to us?

Personally I am not complaining, as I appreciate the fact that I don’t have to do much on my end.

But maybe some more analytics would provide us with valuable insights on trends or what people are looking for when they find us.

Hey @amirbeno

Thank you so much for joining the discussion and for all your valuable feedback.

I think the feature works as intended, In my case I feel like there’s a somewhat steady stream of enquiries from people who click on my promoted gig.

Are there any plans to enhance the current dashboard or hand off some of the targeting to us?

Personally I am not complaining, as I appreciate the fact that I don’t have to do much on my end.

But maybe some more analytics would provide us with valuable insights on trends or what people are looking for when they find us.

Hi @frank_d ,

Overall, we are trying to make this product super simple and easy to use, to serve both marketing experts and those without any marketing background - equally.

Having said that, we are working on multiple features to enhance the dashboard, to have better visibility on trends, top performed search terms, insights on bids and daily spend usage.

At the same time, we are working to expand our ads to reach more spots, for more buyers, on more platforms, so your Gigs will get more exposure to the right audience.

And to @genuineguidance -

Of course. Promoted Gigs are marked as “ads” to the buyers (as required by law).

I have used this feature for more than a month with zero positive results. Within this time period, only one buyer contacted me. My gig was placed on 6 or 7 pages with promoted feature while normally my this gig position was 1st or 2nd page. Now I’m not promoting my gig. Lt’s see what happens.

I also have some stats here and I probably will say that I’m overall satisfied with promotion feature.
It didn’t make a big difference in terms of monthly income but ROI is definitely quite high.

These are stats for the last 3 months, which brought me 4 orders with a spend of 6$ only over 90 days

5A2EA9C9-DA70-4CF1-BEB6-8A1A5FE553D3.thumb.jpeg.0289606c6dc5d3a95e2abb864bcecb38.jpeg
image1242×426 42.1 KB

I will have to look deeper into the analytics and check if my impressions indeed decreased after I edited my gig.

What I did notice that on my promoted gig I started getting at least 2-3 messages every week from new sellers asking me to give them orders or just “hi how are you” messages.
So half of my promoted impressions definitely went for those sellers who saw “ad” on my gig and decided to click on it on purpose.

Hi @frank_d ,

Overall, we are trying to make this product super simple and easy to use, to serve both marketing experts and those without any marketing background - equally.

Having said that, we are working on multiple features to enhance the dashboard, to have better visibility on trends, top performed search terms, insights on bids and daily spend usage.

At the same time, we are working to expand our ads to reach more spots, for more buyers, on more platforms, so your Gigs will get more exposure to the right audience.

And to @genuineguidance -

Of course. Promoted Gigs are marked as “ads” to the buyers (as required by law).

I understand @amirbeno and I agree 100%.

I do appreciate the simplicity of the tool and the fact that I don’t have to go through multiple settings and options.

Looking forward to any updates you are working on for us!

Thank you and your team for all your hard work.

Glad that you created this post @frank_d . Registered as well. I recently got the feature, and I am using the Fiverr 10$ Gift. I had few questions for you, and would be really glad if you could answer them out.
Q1) When should I expect some results? How will I know that I need to make changes to my gig? Keep in mind please that my gig is currently on top naturally (fiverr algorithm).
Q2) How can I set the perfect bid? The recommended bid amount shows 0.22$ but is there a way where we can judge or find out somehow the more helping bid amount?
Q3) Is it true that if the higher the bid amount, the higher the changes to get potential buyers?
Q4) Like you stated, you made changes to your gig then you got exposure due to feature. My gig is on top already, if i make a change, i fear that I might lose my current ranking as well? What should I do?
Q5) I increased my bid a little to check out the results. Didnt got much impressions or click despite using the feature.

Thanks alot. Looking forward to hearing from you
Edit: @amirbeno please tell me about this as well.

Glad that you created this post @frank_d . Registered as well. I recently got the feature, and I am using the Fiverr 10$ Gift. I had few questions for you, and would be really glad if you could answer them out.

Q1) When should I expect some results? How will I know that I need to make changes to my gig? Keep in mind please that my gig is currently on top naturally (fiverr algorithm).

Q2) How can I set the perfect bid? The recommended bid amount shows 0.22$ but is there a way where we can judge or find out somehow the more helping bid amount?

Q3) Is it true that if the higher the bid amount, the higher the changes to get potential buyers?

Q4) Like you stated, you made changes to your gig then you got exposure due to feature. My gig is on top already, if i make a change, i fear that I might lose my current ranking as well? What should I do?

Q5) I increased my bid a little to check out the results. Didnt got much impressions or click despite using the feature.

The actual team leader for this very feature is responding to this thread, so I think it’s best if you direct any questions towards them, instead of me.

The actual team leader for this very feature is responding to this thread, so I think it’s best if you direct any questions towards them, instead of me.

I have edited my previous post. Also would love to know about your experience and knowledge regarding my questions. Also please do tell from where will we get the joining link of your seminar? Thanks

I have edited my previous post. Also would love to know about your experience and knowledge regarding my questions. Also please do tell from where will we get the joining link of your seminar? Thanks

The link to my webinar is on the original post. Just scroll up to my original post and you will find it.

I also have some stats here and I probably will say that I’m overall satisfied with promotion feature.

It didn’t make a big difference in terms of monthly income but ROI is definitely quite high.

These are stats for the last 3 months, which brought me 4 orders with a spend of 6$ only over 90 days

I will have to look deeper into the analytics and check if my impressions indeed decreased after I edited my gig.

What I did notice that on my promoted gig I started getting at least 2-3 messages every week from new sellers asking me to give them orders or just “hi how are you” messages.

So half of my promoted impressions definitely went for those sellers who saw “ad” on my gig and decided to click on it on purpose.

I am fairly certain that this feature has safe locks that prevent this from happening.

AFAIK these ads are served to qualified profiles with buying history or clear purchase intent.

Did you receive messages from fellow sellers with a clear “sponsored” label on them?

If so, please let @amirbeno know as that would mean there’s a loophole?

Hi @pvitalsolutions ,

1. Promoted Gigs is not a magic. Your exposure is function of multiple things including the level of demand, the level of competition, the quality and relevance score to the search term and your bid.

In addition to all that, after all, it’s your regular Gig. Meaning, you should be able to track “how many impressions lead to a click” and “how many clicks lead to a conversion”. Visit the help center for more info and tips how to improve that.

2. Thing about “what’s the highest amount you are willing to spend for a click” as this should be your “bid”. Our algorithm will work to optimize the bid selection for you up to the maximum bid you’ve set.

3. This is correct. The higher your bid is, the higher your chances to win a desired spot in a desired query. Having said that, your bid is only one of the criteria that affect the auction.

4. Valid concern. Optimizing your “ad” might affect your Gig, as they are the same. It might for the good or not. I can’t really recommend what to do here.

5. For best results, I recommend leave the program ON for at least 30 days.

Archived