Sellers, respect yourself!

olyasr

Then those some countries should adapt their prices on this international market place, I know it is called fiverr for 5€, I know this platform story but let’s be honnest, it doesn’t work like this anymore, now, for 5€ you just get scammers, stupid people and other people who want to exploit you for cheap.

A lot of them have poor skills, sometimes not, they all do the same gigs for 5€ unlimited revisions and have the same gig thumbnail made in powerpoint with a 2005 graphic style and come every days on this forum to ask why they don’t have any sales.

They think they can come here with “how do I get orders fast”… then you watch profile of those “pro” graphic designers with “10 years experience” and see a 5 years old kid draw, no joke.

And then buyers are same, but the difference is that they think they will get pro work for 5€, get disapointed and don’t understand that ANYONE can create an account here and pretend to be a pro.

I really don’t invent anything, lol

By looking a little, in Computer science for example, there are very good gig at $5 because made at the price of these distant countries. International trade will always work like this. Afterwards I agree that at $5 there are a lot of incompetent people.

• Like 1

With this post, I just want to say - no one will respect you if you don’t respect yourself!

Today I saw 2 buyer requests, that blew my mind…

1. Someone was looking for VA to make research work without any budget. Insane.
  2. Someone needed to create a website, but the budget is $5. Seriously? And it was more than a hundred offers. :woman_facepalming:

Sometimes I see here people, who ready to work the whole week, days and nights for $5, or for a good review.

Someone is ready to stay online all the time and never sleep (stupid recommendation) to get an order.

RESPECT YOURSELF! And if you don’t keep work/rest balance, you just can’t be productive, the quality of your work can’t be good!

And with offers like “I will work the whole life with unlimited revisions, just please give me an order” you will only attract scammers.

no one will respect you if you don’t respect yourself!

I completely agree with you!

We are the ones who create the standards of this community!

Personally, I have understood that charging very cheap to be put first on the list and placing several orders is a mistake.

Many times the one who pays 15 for a work that should be 50, demands even more than the regular buyer with enough budget.

Another issue in my case that I am a musician is that sellers should not give away “samples”. It’s a mistake!! Don’t do it.

Buyer has to pay for your music, many times some years ago they robbed me because I was doing the example and then they disappear …

• Like 4

no one will respect you if you don’t respect yourself!

I completely agree with you!

We are the ones who create the standards of this community!

Personally, I have understood that charging very cheap to be put first on the list and placing several orders is a mistake.

Many times the one who pays 15 for a work that should be 50, demands even more than the regular buyer with enough budget.

Another issue in my case that I am a musician is that sellers should not give away “samples”. It’s a mistake!! Don’t do it.

Buyer has to pay for your music, many times some years ago they robbed me because I was doing the example and then they disappear …

Exactly! Also, about samples - sometimes it’s just a way to get a good high quality work for free. People can text to hundreds of sellers, every seller make “free sample” and voila! Work is done for free!

So even if they need a sample, sellers can show portfolio, and if someone needs “a sepcial sample”, it’s fair to create a test task with some budget and get it

Exactly! Also, about samples - sometimes it’s just a way to get a good high quality work for free. People can text to hundreds of sellers, every seller make “free sample” and voila! Work is done for free!

So even if they need a sample, sellers can show portfolio, and if someone needs “a sepcial sample”, it’s fair to create a test task with some budget and get it

Sure! Every time they ask me for a sample, I just send them to see the portfolio on fiverr. We should not give away work …

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they put a button which says “block buyer” in Buyer Request.
That simple feature would help Sellers immensely.

I don’t use BR anymore. too much negativity on it lately.
Some are downright bad. which they only want to pay cheap and even insult sellers.
These bad buyers might cancel order later and try to runaway with your work.

Respect yourself Sellers, don’t fall for the bad sellers.

God bless everyone

• Like 1

yup! those buyers think this is about trying a piece of candy “sample” to check the taste and then deciding whether to buy it… but, this is not so and we all sellers must let them know in the description of the gig 😉

I have seen a few of those in the last few days

Must be Gold Plated Super #1 Professional Top 10 Hit for a killa song I am not sharing coz its soooooo fire. Anyone less or wastes time will be REPORTED TO FIVERR. Budget $5

(un-hearable songs scare me - if they are not proud enough to show it, how bad it is really?)

And yes people do apply for them. It is of course no wonder that they get poor quality work as that is what they are creating.

Sellers who encourage this only make it worse for themselves as sellers this sociopathic will bring nothing but pain. And that song, will be too terrible to use in the Portfolio and their review will be worthless seeing it will sound fake like “great work bro”.

🙂

I never respond to anyone who threatens me!

• Like 2

There is a buyer who once required me to draft a 4000 words Sample on a topic he was going to provide before being hired for some unknown long-term job. This kind of fraudsters should not lure you into falling for their traps of being offered free services out of desperacy. Just respect yourselves Sellers.