Why can a customer ask for endless revisions?

lyubavalea

I’ve been seeing this revisions for over 3 years and I’m not sure how else to tell you that to stop exploiting revisions YOU will have to set boundaries and tell to your client that free included revisions are run out.

I made THESE restrictions. I made a personal offer that only contained 1 revision. Here’s a screenshot. But at the moment, the client has requested a 2nd revision.

And how looks revision first (It has an inscription - One revision is available to the Buyer.456.jpg.42f7526430b5842acda52f600a6516cf.jpg

And this is how the second revision looks like, which should not be in the order.

Huh???

A buyer can ask for unlimited revisions but it’s up to the seller to continue sending him revised work or do that but ask for an extra after the buyer has consumed all the revisions indicated in the order.

456.jpg.42f7526430b5842acda52f600a6516cf.jpg

@lyubavalea

Here the system tells you that the buyer has only one FREE revision available. After that, the buyer can still ask for more revisions, but you have to make him notice that FREE revisions have all been used and now they have to pay extra for extra revisions.

Many Many thanks all of you for explaning the fact very clear.

I understand that the fact is the buyers can claim for only an extra revision with reaching the limit of revisions offered by the seller.

If a seller offers 2 revisions, the buyer requests for total 3 revisions.

Am I right or wrong?

@kometbeats @liamdormon @cubittaudio @mariashtelle1 @mjaninea @lyubavalea

If a seller offers 2 revisions, the buyer requests for total 3 revisions.

I’m not sure I understand your question?

If a Seller offers 2 revisions, that would mean 3 Deliveries total. The original Delivery, then 2 more in the way of Revisions.

Is this what you were asking?

It turns out that the buyer always has an advantage.

This is true. But keep in mind, many buyers aren’t aware of this, and even then, most buyers don’t actually like taking advantage of people. A small number do, and dealing with them is an unfortunate reality of being a freelancer.

In my experience, more often than not, the buyer is simply unaware that they’ve reached the limit. This is why it’s really crucial to make sure that your buyer is clear about your revisions policy before you begin work, and in cases like this, to remind them of the policy, now that they’re asking for more than you originally agreed. Most buyers will accept a small fee for some further changes.

And what if I made delivery today, and the order expires tomorrow - if he does not accept the delivery, will it be credited to me that I did not do everything on time?

So long as you made your first Delivery before the order deadline, you’re ‘on-time’. You could make 100 revisions, and the order could drag out for weeks, but it would still be considered as on-time, so long as your first delivery was within the order timeframe.

But when I made changes to the order that require additional payment, he ignored it.

You “made changes”? Or you offered to make changes, if the client paid? If you made changes for free, then the client won’t be expecting to pay for any more changes.

You “made changes”? Or you offered to make changes, if the client paid? If you made changes for free, then the client won’t be expecting to pay for any more changes.

Of course, but in this case, the client himself offered to pay extra. And when I made those changes and submitted them (yes, I know, it’s stupid) he later agreed to pay for the additional payment. then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away. she didn’t even notice that there was already a corrected version and asked me to send it. These are other problems. He ignored the first delivery almost until the order was automatically closed(about 50 hours) a little more and the order would have closed itself.

Of course, but in this case, the client himself offered to pay extra. And when I made those changes and submitted them (yes, I know, it’s stupid) he later agreed to pay for the additional payment. then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away. she didn’t even notice that there was already a corrected version and asked me to send it. These are other problems. He ignored the first delivery almost until the order was automatically closed(about 50 hours) a little more and the order would have closed itself.

Of course, but in this case, the client himself offered to pay extra. And when I made those changes and submitted them (yes, I know, it’s stupid) he later agreed to pay for the additional payment. then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away.

I don’t really understand what you’re explaining here. It sounds like you’re saying that the client suggested paying for a revision, but you did the work for free, then you asked for the payment. Is that correct?

then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away. she didn’t even notice that there was already a corrected version and asked me to send it. These are other problems. He ignored the first delivery almost until the order was automatically closed(about 50 hours) a little more and the order would have closed itself.

This is all really standard behaviour for a lot of buyers. For many people, their Fiverr orders aren’t a high priority for them, or they’re busy with other things. They’ll log on, have a quick look, then log off to go do something else. Also, most buyers don’t really know how Fiverr works, unless they’ve placed a few orders here, so the concept of an order ‘auto completing’ might not mean anything to your client.

It sounds like you and your buyer are having some communication issues, from what you’ve written so far. Perhaps you need to send your buyer a message, and be crystal-clear about what you’ve done so far, where the order is now, and what options are available to them moving forward.

I can’t really suggest anything more helpful than that I’m afraid.

Huh???

A buyer can ask for unlimited revisions but it’s up to the seller to continue sending him revised work or do that but ask for an extra after the buyer has consumed all the revisions indicated in the order.

@lyubavalea

Here the system tells you that the buyer has only one FREE revision available. After that, the buyer can still ask for more revisions, but you have to make him notice that FREE revisions have all been used and now they have to pay extra for extra revisions.

but you have to make him notice that FREE revisions have all been used and now they have to pay extra for extra revisions.

also in this requirement it is specified to deliver the corrected version to avoid cancellation of the order within 2 days… Many buyers understand that this will affect the seller’s rating. And what happens if the buyer doesn’t want to pay for an additional revision? Then the order will be canceled automatically.

Of course, but in this case, the client himself offered to pay extra. And when I made those changes and submitted them (yes, I know, it’s stupid) he later agreed to pay for the additional payment. then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away.

I don’t really understand what you’re explaining here. It sounds like you’re saying that the client suggested paying for a revision, but you did the work for free, then you asked for the payment. Is that correct?

then the problem is that he comes, answers something, and runs away. she didn’t even notice that there was already a corrected version and asked me to send it. These are other problems. He ignored the first delivery almost until the order was automatically closed(about 50 hours) a little more and the order would have closed itself.

This is all really standard behaviour for a lot of buyers. For many people, their Fiverr orders aren’t a high priority for them, or they’re busy with other things. They’ll log on, have a quick look, then log off to go do something else. Also, most buyers don’t really know how Fiverr works, unless they’ve placed a few orders here, so the concept of an order ‘auto completing’ might not mean anything to your client.

It sounds like you and your buyer are having some communication issues, from what you’ve written so far. Perhaps you need to send your buyer a message, and be crystal-clear about what you’ve done so far, where the order is now, and what options are available to them moving forward.

I can’t really suggest anything more helpful than that I’m afraid.

The corrections were small. I made them pretty quickly and sent them to him for free. Because it took me 10 minutes. but later I added an additional payment and a decent customer paid for it. That sounds weird. Everything is fine, I was shocked by the fact that the buyer took another revision from somewhere (you explained where it comes from). And I was concerned about the timing of the order, as the customer constantly disappeared and in 9 out of 10 cases wrote when I was asleep (although he appears on the network and in my daytime). As it turned out, this person reads everything very quickly and runs away. In the end, it turned out, he had little time. And yes, he did not see that there was a delivery, which I wrote to him about. It was a very strange customer. A very simple order we discussed with him at this pace for 7 days. He wrote me one message a day))) Although I could see that I went online 3 hours ago, half a day later - Buyer was 5 minutes ago… And so on. In the end, everything ended normally)

P.s. Sorry for my terrible english. Isnt my native language.

Archived