Buyer tried to cancel after get the work

mateusbl

Well, this is my advice. You could be stubborn about this and the buyer could go ahead, accept it and give you a bad review like 1* maybe.

True, but once a seller has a review they get to respond. I have found that when a good defense of why you did what you did is given it shows prospective buyers that you will not be taken advantage of. This is true even if you are a newish seller.

This ^^^

A scammer will see a good defense that shows that this person is not an easy mark.

A good buyer will see someone with pride in their work and dignity.

Those who don’t read reviews don’t care either way.

🙂

• Like 6

Hi, I have had this experience. In your requirement section on your gig, make it compulsory that the buyer answers all questions.

So you will give him a custom order, if you set the requirements on you gig, you will get a message after the buyer has excepted the offer (It says something like: have you go all the requirements to start the order), check if the buyer has given all you need, if he hasn’t press you have not received what you need.

The requirements is a section which makes sure the buyer knows what he is purchasing.

Go to Help and Support and file a complain, or just accept the cancellation and carry on. I do not agree if buyers do this! I certainly would complain to support about it.

• Like 8

Hi, I have had this experience. In your requirement section on your gig, make it compulsory that the buyer answers all questions.

So you will give him a custom order, if you set the requirements on you gig, you will get a message after the buyer has excepted the offer (It says something like: have you go all the requirements to start the order), check if the buyer has given all you need, if he hasn’t press you have not received what you need.

The requirements is a section which makes sure the buyer knows what he is purchasing.

Go to Help and Support and file a complain, or just accept the cancellation and carry on. I do not agree if buyers do this! I certainly would complain to support about it.

Some clients even don’t fill the Requirement properly… like few days ago an another buyer purchase my GIG + “Fast Delivery in 2 days”… the client don’t answerd the first basic requirement: “What is your company about?”

The order started, but without know what’s the company is about, i couldn’t start the project… the client disappeared…

After 2 days of the “Fast Delivery in 2 days” i sended an request to extend the delivey time to get all the informations, that this buyer don’t provided in the Gig Requirements.

• Like 6

This is not so simple, the buyer contacted me in the messages and he accepted the offer that i wrote for him (So how he don’t know?). He must knows what i provide for him… the buyer like of the work and i know that he will use the files in the end.

When the buyer says this isn’t what I’m looking for, is most likely a polite way of saying they have an issue with the quality of work provided or didn’t meet some expectation, and not willing to go back in forth with the communication barrier to explain the little details, corrections that are needed to make the gig acceptable to accept.

The buyer may have the files, but more than likely they will be scrap and revised before they will be used. All I can say is, try to get feedback and find ways to make improvements wherever you can.

• Like 7

When the buyer says this isn’t what I’m looking for, is most likely a polite way of saying they have an issue with the quality of work provided or didn’t meet some expectation, and not willing to go back in forth with the communication barrier to explain the little details, corrections that are needed to make the gig acceptable to accept.

The buyer may have the files, but more than likely they will be scrap and revised before they will be used. All I can say is, try to get feedback and find ways to make improvements wherever you can.

You are right, but this not the case here, this is not about the quality… the client liked of the work and when he purchased he accept the offer… and i assume that he read the offer that said exactly what kind of service i provide.

• Like 6

Some clients even don’t fill the Requirement properly… like few days ago an another buyer purchase my GIG + “Fast Delivery in 2 days”… the client don’t answerd the first basic requirement: “What is your company about?”

The order started, but without know what’s the company is about, i couldn’t start the project… the client disappeared…

After 2 days of the “Fast Delivery in 2 days” i sended an request to extend the delivey time to get all the informations, that this buyer don’t provided in the Gig Requirements.

Some clients even don’t fill the Requirement properly…

You have the option to make the answers mandatory before the order can begin.

• Like 6

Is the money for the order more important to you or is the high probability of getting a negative review on your profile more important?

You can either accept the cancellation and have worked for no pay, or challenge the cancellation for the possibility (not guaranteed) of getting paid and negative feedback.

Both courses of action are far from ideal, but unfortunately are the circumstances.

• Like 7

Guest chifyjay007

Is the money for the order more important to you or is the high probability of getting a negative review on your profile more important?

You can either accept the cancellation and have worked for no pay, or challenge the cancellation for the possibility (not guaranteed) of getting paid and negative feedback.

Both courses of action are far from ideal, but unfortunately are the circumstances.

He’ll be beating a dead horse if he tries to challenge it… The moment he sends a request to CS, they’ll cancel the order and give him a warning. It happened to a whole lot of sellers. I’m one of them

CS doesn’t/shouldn’t issue warnings simply because a seller doesn’t agree to cancelling an order. There must have been other mitigating circumstances in such an instance. If the seller provided what the gig entails will be delivered and according to the buyer’s original instructions, then the seller should be paid.

• Like 7

He’ll be beating a dead horse if he tries to challenge it… The moment he sends a request to CS, they’ll cancel the order and give him a warning. It happened to a whole lot of sellers. I’m one of them

The moment he sends a request to CS, they’ll cancel the order and give him a warning. It happened to a whole lot of sellers. I’m one of them

Not true. I have refused to cancel orders and as long as my work was as described in my gig CS did not cancel the order but told the seller to work it out with me while telling me to work it out with the seller. Ultimately it ends up being a game of who gives in first.

As I said earlier, one seller had to refuse the cancellation request from the buyer 75 times before the buyer gave in and accepted the order.

• Like 8

mandatory

My options are marked as mandatory, but you know the clients can write anything they want ,-,

but you know the clients can write anything they want ,-,

That is why I have a check list where they must check an answer. I also have an “other” box where it says "other, please list (what your company’s purpose is below.)

I have never had anyone not fill in the answer out of over 1000 orders. I have between 3 or 4 multiple choice questions my buyers must answer before the order requirements starts. If you have the must have an answer check box questions first, it slows them down so they take the time to type in your last box.

• Like 6

I think you and some of the other posters are missing a key point here.

You spent several days working on an order for a service that you don’t even offer. In your own words ‘I make layout design, not development’ and ‘I spend days working on the project’. This was only ever likely to end in tears.

I don’t say this to be horrible, but in my opinion you were just as much at fault as the buyer. In my opinion, what you should have done is cancelled the order the moment you received it. This way you would still take the hit of having a cancelled order, but you wouldn’t have wasted several days of your time.

You say it’s ‘not my fault’ - but it partly is.

• Like 6

I think you and some of the other posters are missing a key point here.

You spent several days working on an order for a service that you don’t even offer. In your own words ‘I make layout design, not development’ and ‘I spend days working on the project’. This was only ever likely to end in tears.

I don’t say this to be horrible, but in my opinion you were just as much at fault as the buyer. In my opinion, what you should have done is cancelled the order the moment you received it. This way you would still take the hit of having a cancelled order, but you wouldn’t have wasted several days of your time.

You say it’s ‘not my fault’ - but it partly is.

This is not the point here. “The offer described what i do and what i delivery”… he accepted, so i presume that he read the offer. He even liked it and i know that he will use the layout.

Or i should presume that he accept the offer without read? If this is the case, how he knows about the price for to pay? How he knows the delivery time?

“You mention that i should cancel in the first moment when i received it”, but i don’t let the buyers purchase without know what i do… they even don’t purchase without knowing what i delivery.

• Like 6

This is not the point here. “The offer described what i do and what i delivery”… he accepted, so i presume that he read the offer. He even liked it and i know that he will use the layout.

Or i should presume that he accept the offer without read? If this is the case, how he knows about the price for to pay? How he knows the delivery time?

“You mention that i should cancel in the first moment when i received it”, but i don’t let the buyers purchase without know what i do… they even don’t purchase without knowing what i delivery.

Several experienced sellers have shared their views - but you don’t like what you read.

Regardless of whether the buyer read your description or not, you chose to invest several days of your time on a service that did not match the gig description. That’s why I suggested you should have cancelled from the very start.

Recognise the warning signs of a bad buyer. If a buyer can’t even order the correct service, then I wouldn’t even bother trying to work with them. As I said, it was only ever likely to end in tears. You can’t only blame the buyer here.

• Like 7

Several experienced sellers have shared their views - but you don’t like what you read.

Regardless of whether the buyer read your description or not, you chose to invest several days of your time on a service that did not match the gig description. That’s why I suggested you should have cancelled from the very start.

Recognise the warning signs of a bad buyer. If a buyer can’t even order the correct service, then I wouldn’t even bother trying to work with them. As I said, it was only ever likely to end in tears. You can’t only blame the buyer here.

The service that i delivered was according with my GIG Description… the client accept the offer and i delivery the service that i do.

If i notice in the first moment that he was looking for other thing, certanly i cancel the project… as i already made before.

In this case as he accpet the offer all that i can presume is that he knows what kind of services i do, this is the point.

Anyway thanks for your feedback

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2021 at 4:57 AM, vickiespencer said:

Every time you refuse the cancellation request it adds two days for the buyer to either choose to complete the order or decline your request to not cancel.

I read one seller who had to refuse the cancellation request 75 times!

I want to know how this was solved.  I am going through a problem with a buyer who tried to cancel my order after finishing it.

• Like 6