My first Mistake on fiverr

dele_linus

I have my account created years ago but really new to freelancing. And I would plead you take it easy on me.
So, a buyer had contacted me to help work on a project that seemed to have been giving him problem and had gotten rejected by couple of sellers. I agreed to work on the project and he asked if I would like to create offer that instant, but because I, in the first place couldn’t be sure I would 100% get the job done ( told him to hold on, and to let’s focus on accomplishing the task before creating any offer as I have read canceling of order is bad for a buyer. We however agreed on a budget and started with the project, ensuring I updated him on all development on the job.
To cut the story short, I was able to get the job done and trusted the guy that I sent him the results in the chat for him to review.
He has then, since I submitted the files to him stopped responding to my messages.

Moreover, I checked on him some minutes ago and saw his online status to be AWAY. I am not really sure what that means but, I think I have learnt my lessons: The hard way.

Castigate me, but please be lenient. I would also like to know if you have experienced such and the way you handled it.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you.
I am also gladdened to see that you realize it was 100% your fault as now you can do it differently.

Yes the other person should be more honorable but they already alerted you that they were a problem when they ran the red flag up about other sellers doing them wrong.

It is nice that you tried to be sure you could deliver before committing but at the same time you put the value of other people (bad people) ahead of yourself which means that now they can feed their family but you cannot.

If you can learn this lesson, you are on your way to being a successful freelancer. Welcome to the club

🙂

Archived