[Official Ad] Fiverr @ The Super Bowl

mjensen415

I’ll fully (and sadly) admit that I’m a bit disappointed. The commercial visuals are stunning and beautiful. But it only mentioned three services that can be found on the platform.

True. I expected them to somehow List out the major categories. like Digital marketing, Programming and tech, writing and translation etc

• Like 15

I was super excited when I got the mail that announced the Super Bowl Ad, because I am currently very much into the stock market and after sadly missing Fiverr’s introduction into the market last year, I figured I’d buy them now after they had dipped a little. And just as I had hoped they went up like 75€ per stock :star_struck:

• Like 16

I was super excited when I got the mail that announced the Super Bowl Ad, because I am currently very much into the stock market and after sadly missing Fiverr’s introduction into the market last year, I figured I’d buy them now after they had dipped a little. And just as I had hoped they went up like 75€ per stock :star_struck:

Wow great. I feel also exited when i was feeling up the form.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I hate to say it but this ad was terrible. Just really bad for variety of reasons and I’m afraid fiverr just wasted millions on this ad and it’s not going to have any noticeable impact on their traffic or sales.

For one, I don’t understand the partnership with some random landscaping company that went viral. I don’t know if this was a way to save money, but it was extremely odd and confusing. I had to look up what the deal with that company was just to understand.

This ad did a terrible job saying what fiverr is. It didn’t even really get to it until the end and most of what it mentioned isn’t even offered here. Even as a user of the site, I had to go back and watch the ad a 2nd time to understand exactly what this add was even saying or about. 90% of the add wasn’t even directly talking about fiverr.

My parents who also know that I use fiverr a lot, were anxious to see the ad. They texted me to say that they thought it was a poor ad that didn’t explain what fiverr does. They actually missed it and I had to tell them where it aired because it just didn’t stick out as a fiverr add unless you paid really close attention.

I’m pretty sure 99% of the people who saw this add, had no clue what they just watched or what fiverr does because they spent way to much time on other superflous stuff rather than a really simply ad telling people what fiverr is, where they could have listed out a bunch of their most popular services from the various categories on the platform.

As someone who used to work in marketing and has a degree in marketing, whatever agency came up with this add needs to be fired because it’s one of the worst commercials I’ve seen in a while, not because it didn’t look cool, but because that’s all about all it accomplished. It was not informative at all, and therefore will not convert. I do not think that add is going to net more sales than they spent. As others have said, I think it was sadly a missed opportunity to really tell the story of fiverr and make it a household name.

• Like 22

True. I expected them to somehow List out the major categories. like Digital marketing, Programming and tech, writing and translation etc

We all did. It was a really terrible add that did an awful job explaining what fiverr is and what types of services it offers.

• Like 13

Hotel? Trivago (not Fiverr, who the f*** thinks Fiverr is an hotel?

The landscape company in the ad has the same name as a hotel. Rudy Juliane is to supposed to have called the company to book a hotel room. That is why the lady in her modified gold card drove behind a podium. The ad was making a political statement there, which I think went over many people’s heads. However, politics do not belong in advertising. I agree.

Super Bowl commercials need to be one of two things - funny, or inspirational/touching. This is neither.

queue the meksells on the forum going “Oh, amazing, what an ad, what a community”.

Did you notice your post was immediately followed by two of those kinds of posts? 😉

Most of us didn’t know this. I had to spend 5min googling just to understand this aspect of the ad. Just really dumb and random choice. If they thought it was funny it wasn’t. it was just confusing because you’re trying to understand what a landscaping company has to do with a freelancing website.

• Like 16

• 4 months later...