[Official Ad] Fiverr @ The Super Bowl

mjensen415

These are really great Video Ads … especially the last one … But not for Super Bowl ! … On the other hand maybe you have a point on this … sometimes when you are “casual” among extra-ordinary … can be really innovating and get the attention ! 😉

• Like 7

Bad commercial, very disappointed. Super Bowl commercials need to be one of two things - funny, or inspirational/touching. This is neither.

This is just a case of “make the video look as expensive as possible”. Narrative? Zero. Payoff? Zero. Moving? Zero. Hotel? Trivago (not Fiverr, who the f*** thinks Fiverr is an hotel? The premise behind the ad is just nonsensical. It boggles the mind).

Nobody will talk about this commercial in a year from now. Nobody. It’s utterly inconsequential. Everything a good Super Bowl ad should NOT be.

They would have had better results if their ad was literally a black screen with white lettering saying “Fiverr - we exist, look it up”. At least that would generate curiosity and lead more people to search for it than whatever this was.

Damn, the reddit guys spent 1/100 on their ad, and it had a WAY bigger impact. Because they were smart about it. I really question what’s going on in Fiverr’s board. It’s bad decision after bad decision.

But of course, queue the meksells on the forum going “Oh, amazing, what an ad, what a community”. Like seals clapping for the trainer. Fiverr could change the rules so their fee is 95%, and you have to donate a kidney to open an account, and people would be on the forums going “Oh, I’m so grateful to be part of this amazing community, blablabla”. It’s infuriating.

Fiverr is not a community. It’s a business. The goal is profit. Nothing else.

Btw, this is a Super Bowl commercial. More than 30 years later, people still talk about it. Because it’s GOOD.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.7c3d8bce22f649913a5e1c4ef48ef576.jpg

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

Bad commercial, very disappointed. Super Bowl commercials need to be one of two things - funny, or inspirational/touching. This is neither.

This is just a case of “make the video look as expensive as possible”. Narrative? Zero. Payoff? Zero. Moving? Zero. Hotel? Trivago (not Fiverr, who the f*** thinks Fiverr is an hotel? The premise behind the ad is just nonsensical. It boggles the mind).

Nobody will talk about this commercial in a year from now. Nobody. It’s utterly inconsequential. Everything a good Super Bowl ad should NOT be.

They would have had better results if their ad was literally a black screen with white lettering saying “Fiverr - we exist, look it up”. At least that would generate curiosity and lead more people to search for it than whatever this was.

Damn, the reddit guys spent 1/100 on their ad, and it had a WAY bigger impact. Because they were smart about it. I really question what’s going on in Fiverr’s board. It’s bad decision after bad decision.

But of course, queue the meksells on the forum going “Oh, amazing, what an ad, what a community”. Like seals clapping for the trainer. Fiverr could change the rules so their fee is 95%, and you have to donate a kidney to open an account, and people would be on the forums going “Oh, I’m so grateful to be part of this amazing community, blablabla”. It’s infuriating.

Fiverr is not a community. It’s a business. The goal is profit. Nothing else.

Btw, this is a Super Bowl commercial. More than 30 years later, people still talk about it. Because it’s GOOD.

Hotel? Trivago (not Fiverr, who the f*** thinks Fiverr is an hotel?

The landscape company in the ad has the same name as a hotel. Rudy Juliane is to supposed to have called the company to book a hotel room. That is why the lady in her modified gold card drove behind a podium. The ad was making a political statement there, which I think went over many people’s heads. However, politics do not belong in advertising. I agree.

Super Bowl commercials need to be one of two things - funny, or inspirational/touching. This is neither.

queue the meksells on the forum going “Oh, amazing, what an ad, what a community”.

Did you notice your post was immediately followed by two of those kinds of posts? 😉

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Hotel? Trivago (not Fiverr, who the f*** thinks Fiverr is an hotel?

The landscape company in the ad has the same name as a hotel. Rudy Juliane is to supposed to have called the company to book a hotel room. That is why the lady in her modified gold card drove behind a podium. The ad was making a political statement there, which I think went over many people’s heads. However, politics do not belong in advertising. I agree.

Super Bowl commercials need to be one of two things - funny, or inspirational/touching. This is neither.

queue the meksells on the forum going “Oh, amazing, what an ad, what a community”.

Did you notice your post was immediately followed by two of those kinds of posts? 😉

Yeah, I get that, but what does that have to do with Fiverr in any way? The Rudy Giuliani situation is just bad taste all around, not something anyone would want to associate with. And if you wanna meme, meme properly, that was super stale anyway. Totally missed the mark imo. And worst of all, it just didn’t work as advertisement. It didn’t flow. There was no narrative, no satisfaction at the end, nothing.

And yes, of course I noticed. That’s precisely my point. The people writing that kind of post did not read mine. Or if they did, they can’t understand it.

• Like 8

Yeah, I get that, but what does that have to do with Fiverr in any way? The Rudy Giuliani situation is just bad taste all around, not something anyone would want to associate with. And if you wanna meme, meme properly, that was super stale anyway. Totally missed the mark imo. And worst of all, it just didn’t work as advertisement. It didn’t flow. There was no narrative, no satisfaction at the end, nothing.

And yes, of course I noticed. That’s precisely my point. The people writing that kind of post did not read mine. Or if they did, they can’t understand it.

Yeah, I get that, but what does that have to do with Fiverr in any way?

That is why I said this:

However, politics do not belong in advertising.

• Like 12

As a video editor who’s worked in advertising, this feels like a lost opportunity. A 1 minute video like this one costs about $5-10 Million to run during the Superbowl (20% of which we’ve paid). I think they chose to be ‘intellectual’ over actually advertising what the company does. I’m sure the writer felt making puns and using topical events and ‘memes’ would garner attention, but they forgot the most important thing is to convey the message about what you do. The technicals were great. The ad itself was great, but it gave almost no indication of what the company actually does. I’d have no clue if I didn’t already know about the company. An ad like this would have been great for a very well known and established company, not for one that most people probably haven’t heard of (or think that’s it’s a platform for cheap work). I wonder if they actually hired Fiverr professionals to make the ad. I’d be very surprised if they did 🙂

• Like 14