[Official Ad] Fiverr @ The Super Bowl

mjensen415

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

A non-Fiverr relative did not understand what it was about at all. I had to explain it.

I do not think politics belongs in any advertisement! Fiverr ended up offending the millions of supporters that are a part of one of the primary political parties. That is a poor business model.

Edit: I deleted your quotes @melanielm. 😉

Count me as disappointed. :roll_eyes:

• Like 39

Honest and blunt opinion.

Handy ad evaluation form:

Who produced the ad?

Fiverr

Communication situation (use the PAST questions):
Purpose: Why does this ad exist? What is it trying to get the viewer to do?

Somebody on the marketing team got an idea approved?
Buy services through Fiverr?

Audience: Who is the target of this ad? How does it appeal to them?

Small business that suddenly became famous?
Enabling desire by granting the ability to seize an opportunity?

Subject: What is this ad about? What product, service, or idea is it selling?

This ad is about getting odd-jobs done quick by outsourcing.
Services: Graphic design, Web development, PR expert

Type: What kind of ad is it? How does this type of ad persuade people?

Takes a humor angle, but heavily relies on a knowledgeable audience to ‘get the joke’; more people are likely to recognize the ‘cybertruck’ joke, which could cause confusion for this being a Tesla commercial.
It doesn’t? (No clear ‘call to action’.)

How do the words try to convince the viewer? (Slogans, questions, appeals, etc.)

“Fiverr has the Freelancers to get you where you want to be.”
“Freelance services. On demand.”
No ‘Be a doer’?

How do the images try to convince the viewer? (Lines, colors, composition, etc.)

Stunning visuals, gorgeous examples, but don’t make sense without knowing the in-joke.

How truthful or misleading is this ad? Explain.

Truth: You CAN get outstanding talent like this on Fiverr.
Misleading: This was EXPENSIVE. I have NO doubt that this scale/level is not in the average budget of a suddenly-famous small business. Not a sustainable business model. Tries to say ‘carpe diem’, but is conditional on there being an opportunity to seize.

Form source: Evaluating Advertisements | Thoughtful Learning K-12

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

The production value was very high (the like to dislike ratio along with the comment section show it) and all my props go to the team for that,

BUT,

it was absolutely unfocused when you frame it through business lens. Have to agree with the others.

Upon the first viewing I could readily state that most, especially the older age bracket, have probably not understood what Fiverr is or how it works at all through this ad’s introduction. Less than 24 hours later and I already got a demonstration of it from @vickiespencer’s comment… I don’t think this will ultimately drive a lot of traffic to the website.

Style over present, but improper substance. Works very well as a short but not as an ad. The Fiverr Team should note this down because everything else but the communication is in check.

• Like 33
  • Up 1

I really, really, really want to like this ad. There are several things done really well.

Antonio Vivaldi’s Spring is a beautiful classical masterpiece, and fits well with the ‘landscaping’ business. Whoever recorded/mixed this rendition was outstanding. Any sound effects are implemented wonderfully, too, seamless. The video cuts and camera angles and shot framing, marvelous. The in-jokes are funny.

It’s just… The ‘empowering small business’ is there, but it’s completely buried.

What I see is a fairy-tale fantasy setting. It’s just… completely unrealistic. Which is what it is implying, and thus: it’s trying to sell a fantasy.

• Like 36

I think it was Just Amazing 😍 !.. Funny ,Surprising, Clever, Innovating, Hiteck , Super Music Theme, Both Modern and Retro (nostalgic)… This is not an ordinary Video ad , It’s a Super Bawl Ad… It doesn’t has to be informative or relevant but It has to be Interesting and Awesome ! Noone cares what Fiverr does when watching Super Bawl … but if your Ad grabs the Attention then you will need to LEARN MORE and search for it ! Well Done Fiverr :star_struck:

• Like 21

From technical perspective it’s a very well made ad without any doubt.
But the focus should be more on the products and services Fiverr offers. Otherwise it’s just a collection of inside jokes and not really bringing Fiverr closer to potential new customers which - I assume - should be the main goal of a costly ad like this one.

• Like 23

I have shared it to my 9,500+ followers on Twitter.

Hopefully some of them are actually real people…lol

Hopefully some of them are actually real people…lol

From when artificial intelligence started following our social account…? 😃

• Like 17

I find myself agreeing with a lot that was said here. I had big hopes for the ad, but unless I actually knew what Fiverr was…I really wouldn’t have understood it. Was hoping for something more seller related. The pomp and circumstance of the whole display kind of took over. Guess only time will tell if the ad generates more traffic or not.

• Like 21