How often do you get direct orders without using BR?

humera_jatoi

I’ve replied to maybe five (or less) since September. Since I usually reply with my current rate (which is often higher than their budget) I believe I haven’t had any requests from there since then. Before I’ve had slightly better luck but I refuse to write 30 thousand words for 50 dollars (in 3 days, too) now that I know how much work goes into writing so… It’s not that much of a loss.
(But two of my gigs are somewhat unique so I do get a decent amount of orders)

I used to get about 1 order every 30 BRs, but then I stopped. I’ve only sent some dozens in the last few months.

If you’re smart, BRs are a great place to start out, but stable/successful sellers never use them for a reason - they’ve already established their clientele through regulars and the search bar. It’s something you want to abandon later on, now I basically use it for a kick, like, “oh, let’s reply to this one cool offer out of 75 that just came up”.

All of my orders now are direct orders. However, when I was a newbie, I depended heavily on BR. Even when I got to Level 2, I would peek 👀 in there off and on, and if I found something interesting, I would apply. I always give my regular rates.

I was lucky enough to find a few regular buyers who still order from me after three years and have become friends of a sort.

Archived