Subscription Program Launch: NOW LIVE!

mrwebwebsites

On 1/29/2021 at 10:17 AM, cubittaudio said:

But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche.

I’m in exactly the same frame of mind as you are. I was pretty excited about this feature when I first got an email, but after jumping on one of the webinars and then seeing it available, I’m not convinced that I can make it work for any of our VO services. I was hoping it might be similar to a retainer service, where we’d offer a discount for clients bulk-buying some of our time each month. We’ve got some clients who would probably appreciate that. But that’s definitely not what this is.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

I agree that this would be a use case, but the service still isn’t built for that (in it’s current form at least). It’s only one order per month, which is quite a specific requirement - a YouTuber would likely want content far more frequently than that. And as far as I’m aware, it has to be an identical order value each month. I guarantee if a client placed a recurring 500 word script order from us each month, it wouldn’t take long until we get a ‘oh, hope you don’t mind but the script is 600 words this month’ message.

I like the fact that Fiverr have thought outside of the box - but I don’t think this feature has had anywhere near enough thought before it was launched. Either that, or they’re aiming it at several categories that it’s simply not built for. It’s great for a Social Media Manager - ‘pay me $250 on the 1st of each month, and I’ll manage your accounts for the month’ etc. But for anyone offering a tangible product, I just don’t get it.

Yeah, it’s a great future, but I don’t think it will fit our category very well. I’m looking forward to seeing what other VO sellers make of this, but for the moment, I’m sitting tight.

On 1/30/2021 at 3:43 PM, smashradio said:

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

The idea is cool though, I’m just not sure how I would use it… Yet.

I’ve been told eventually they plan to add “Custom Offer” Style subscriptions–so us VO sellers may have to wait for that to have it work properly with our unique gig pricing style. it would work I assume as a Max Word count per month recurring subscription, so buyers could order a 5000 word count subscription with whatever extra, like commercial license…then send you scripts throughout the month until they hit that Max. Then you mark the order as complete…

BUT you wouldn’t get paid until the delivery is accepted by the buyer. So remember that if you have a need for fast $$$.

• 2 weeks later...

Subscriptions are officially live!

Fiverr Subscriptions: Your favorite Gig on repeat.

Set success on repeat by subscribing to your favorite sellers. The high-quality service you expect, hassle-free, each and every time.

Check them out in the following categories:

Where can I learn more about Subscriptions?
More information can be found in the Help Center.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:27 AM, cubittaudio said:

But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche.

I’m in exactly the same frame of mind as you are. I was pretty excited about this feature when I first got an email, but after jumping on one of the webinars and then seeing it available, I’m not convinced that I can make it work for any of our VO services. I was hoping it might be similar to a retainer service, where we’d offer a discount for clients bulk-buying some of our time each month. We’ve got some clients who would probably appreciate that. But that’s definitely not what this is.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

I agree that this would be a use case, but the service still isn’t built for that (in it’s current form at least). It’s only one order per month, which is quite a specific requirement - a YouTuber would likely want content far more frequently than that. And as far as I’m aware, it has to be an identical order value each month. I guarantee if a client placed a recurring 500 word script order from us each month, it wouldn’t take long until we get a ‘oh, hope you don’t mind but the script is 600 words this month’ message.

I like the fact that Fiverr have thought outside of the box - but I don’t think this feature has had anywhere near enough thought before it was launched. Either that, or they’re aiming it at several categories that it’s simply not built for. It’s great for a Social Media Manager - ‘pay me $250 on the 1st of each month, and I’ll manage your accounts for the month’ etc. But for anyone offering a tangible product, I just don’t get it.

Exactly! I was concerned about buyers upping the amount of words each time they used the subscription program. I have had some buyers send more words than our contract allowed. I even had one buyer actually ask me to do a British accent and no where in the contract did it say I would do one. I think I will wait and see what problems might arise from this first.

Right now I don’t have any interest about this feature. I have interest only on getting orders. Not sure how much it will bring any good to those who haven’t got any orders yet…!? :thinking:

Days ago I had this beta featured… But now it’s disappeared… So no idea what is happening to me…! why am I still here on Fiverr…! :thinking:

Hi sajibjewel,

What do you actually sell? I’m thinking if someone pays you 1M to marry them, honey forget about needing subscriptions! Just make sure it i$ all in your name, and no pre-nup!

😍

Donna

donna2p

Hi sajibjewel,

What do you actually sell? I’m thinking if someone pays you 1M to marry them, honey forget about needing subscriptions! Just make sure it i$ all in your name, and no pre-nup!

😍

Donna

donna2p

Hi sajibjewel,

😍

Donna

donna2p

Well, such a girl has not been born yet who is gonna spend millions just to marry a man… 😃 That’s why I have created that topic as a funny topic… And I am happy that people enjoyed it very much… 😃 😃

On 2/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, mjensen415 said:

Subscriptions are officially live!

Fiverr Subscriptions: Your favorite Gig on repeat.

Set success on repeat by subscribing to your favorite sellers. The high-quality service you expect, hassle-free, each and every time.

Check them out in the following categories:

Where can I learn more about Subscriptions?

More information can be found in the Help Center.

Do you guys have any sort of time table as to when you’ll open subscriptions for other services not listed here? Audio Ads is in desperate need of this kind of thing. I have so many clients that want to do monthly and weekly commercial buys but they’re put off by having to start a new order and do the whole process for every commercial they want to cut. They end up trying to combine it all in one order and it gets a bit confusing in terms of pricing, revisions, etc.

Speaking of Audio Ads, this may be for a different post but we’d really like to be included on the promotions section too besides just Voice Over and Sound Design!

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

The idea is cool though, I’m just not sure how I would use it… Yet.

Yes the idea is cool - but the subscription feature in nature is not applicable for all services. Services that will most benefit from this are SEO , Social Media Marketing , Writing services to some extent when there is continuous on going work.

I may be quite challenging for voice over gigs to implement this I am wondering how top rated sellers are adding this to their existing clientele.

Yes the idea is cool - but the subscription feature in nature is not applicable for all services. Services that will most benefit from this are SEO , Social Media Marketing , Writing services to some extent when there is continuous on going work.

I may be quite challenging for voice over gigs to implement this I am wondering how top rated sellers are adding this to their existing clientele.

I could see it as a service for Voice Over. I’ve got several clients who want something new voiced every week, or some sort of update to their existing audio. A subscription for us could act as a sort of retainer. Instead of charging whatever you charge per VO, you could charge them a flat monthly to voice X number of scripts.

• 1 month later...

Great news! Subscriptions just expanded to more categories. If you are an eligible seller, you can now offer subscriptions in the following categories:

• Architecture & Interior Design
  • Mixing & Mastering
  • SEO
  • Social Media Advertising
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Video Editing
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Voice Over
  • Astrology & Psychics
  • Content Marketing
  • Data Entry
  • E-Commerce Management
  • Email Marketing
  • Financial Consulting
  • Lead Generation
  • Legal Consulting
  • Local SEO
  • Online Coding Lessons
  • Online Tutoring
  • Public Relations
  • SEM
  • Business Consulting
  • HR Consulting
  • Online Music Lessons

In total, there are now 24 categories eligible for Subscriptions, which means having customers order your Gigs on repeat has never been easier.

I just got the feature! I’m testing it out for a little to see how it goes, but I’m not sure if I’ll be using this regularly. I don’t like making long-term commitments, so this feature probably isn’t for me, but I’ll see how it goes!

• 4 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 7:14 AM, melanielm said:

Can’t wait until it hits the writing categories.

(Yes, I'm quoting myself.) Just noticed I can now offer subscriptions in ebook writing, but not in article writing. Seems a bit backward. People are much more likely to order articles or blog posts month after month instead of ebooks. Still waiting patiently.

Archived