Subscription Program Launch: NOW LIVE!

mjensen415

Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of a new beta test feature, Subscriptions!

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.58.39 AM

The Subscriptions feature provides you the option to either build on your existing relationships with Buyers who really value your work, or offer new Buyers your services for extended periods.

We’re in the process of rolling this out and currently only select Sellers may offer subscriptions to Buyers.

For a brief moment today, all sellers might have seen the new “subscription” column in their managed Gigs page.

If you’re currently able to see the column now, you are part of the beta program. If the column does not show, you’ll have to wait. This is a targeted rollout in order to ensure a quality experience for your Buyers. The Subscription feature eligibility is evaluated according to pre-established criteria to measure the success of the program. These are based on external and internal business metrics, alongside quality metrics.

If you’ve been selected to participate, let us know your thoughts and feedback here in the thread. If this feature is not turned on for you yet and you’re interested, also let us know.

For more information about the program, please check out the landing page and the help center article.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Subscriptions

Subscriptions

It was very well news

• Like 25
  • Up 1

Right now I don’t have any interest about this feature. I have interest only on getting orders. Not sure how much it will bring any good to those who haven’t got any orders yet…!? :thinking:

Days ago I had this beta featured… But now it’s disappeared… So no idea what is happening to me…! why am I still here on Fiverr…! :thinking:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

The idea is cool though, I’m just not sure how I would use it… Yet.

I don’t see why the gig price needs to be > $10. Wouldn’t the subscription feature work well for things where the same or similar content are sent to many users? eg. if you created content (where the same/similar content) was sent to hundreds or thousands of people each week/month it could still be quite profitable even if it was priced at $10 or $5. Maybe Fiverr could automate the delivery for that if the same people or groups of people were getting the same content.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

edit: though the categories it allows currently don’t include writing categories. But they’ll probably include more categories later on.

Maybe it might work for updating people on the latest information about a subject or weekly/monthly podcasts/training videos. But it might not work well for non-unique content (if >1 person would be getting the content) if the price is can’t be low.

• Like 28

This feature is more for services like social media, that is made for months. If you wanna use this feature you need adapt your services to clients that probably would hire you for many months.

• Example: Social Media GIG is a month service, is charged once time, and the service is made for one month.

I’M NOT COMPLETELY SURE, but maybe even if your gig is not an Montly Gig… you will be able to use the Subscribe option.

• Example: Content Writer GIG that have an duration of 7 days… the client can subscribe and get this service “one time” in each month.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche.

I’m in exactly the same frame of mind as you are. I was pretty excited about this feature when I first got an email, but after jumping on one of the webinars and then seeing it available, I’m not convinced that I can make it work for any of our VO services. I was hoping it might be similar to a retainer service, where we’d offer a discount for clients bulk-buying some of our time each month. We’ve got some clients who would probably appreciate that. But that’s definitely not what this is.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

I agree that this would be a use case, but the service still isn’t built for that (in it’s current form at least). It’s only one order per month, which is quite a specific requirement - a YouTuber would likely want content far more frequently than that. And as far as I’m aware, it has to be an identical order value each month. I guarantee if a client placed a recurring 500 word script order from us each month, it wouldn’t take long until we get a ‘oh, hope you don’t mind but the script is 600 words this month’ message.

I like the fact that Fiverr have thought outside of the box - but I don’t think this feature has had anywhere near enough thought before it was launched. Either that, or they’re aiming it at several categories that it’s simply not built for. It’s great for a Social Media Manager - ‘pay me $250 on the 1st of each month, and I’ll manage your accounts for the month’ etc. But for anyone offering a tangible product, I just don’t get it.

• Like 33

This feature is more for services like social media, that is made for months. If you wanna use this feature you need adapt your services to clients that probably would hire you for many months.

• Example: Social Media GIG is a month service, is charged once time, and the service is made for one month.

I’M NOT COMPLETELY SURE, but maybe even if your gig is not an Montly Gig… you will be able to use the Subscribe option.

• Example: Content Writer GIG that have an duration of 7 days… the client can subscribe and get this service “one time” in each month.

Pretty sure writing is also needed for months. I see the social media thing, but they also opened it for Architecture and Interior design. I don’t see how this would be a monthly necessity and writing is not one of the supported ones. But to each his own.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

This is a great feature but it definitely needs to be added to the Audio Ads section ASAP. 60% of my business is recurring advertising clients and I’d love to be able to offer them a monthly package but currently for my industry it’s only for the Voice Over category.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1