My Story: $100,000 earned in my first year of being a seller

andrewcarpen756

This is one of those story that make my eyes twinkle while I read them. Reading those words about the leap of faith, the transition from employed to freelancer. Everything reminds me my own experience and gives me a bit of feels 🤩

Congratz man, now that' you're part of the club I wish you the best for your career in (and even outside, why not!) of Fiverr! 

• Like 110
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...thank you for sharing your story @andrewcarpen756

I hope I would motivate as many prospective sellers here. I look forward to creating a milestone just like this... Though I've been here for a few months and looking forward to getting an assignment soon...

Well said @theamitsingh

Though I am new here, just some few months ago. I received my first message/proposition to get hired, but failed because I asked for more clarification about the job (which I wouldn't know if it is wrong). That would have been my first job here on Fiverr but the buyer never responded any longer.

• Like 96
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your achievement!

Next time i see a YouTube video talking about how fiverr is a cheap marketplace where 'everything' cost $5, I'll just direct them to this page. Your story is enough inspiration. 

• Like 79
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 4

How are you handling the taxes? Do you have an S-corp? Are you filing quarterly? Can't imagine how much Uncle Sam wants from your earnings. I wonder if one can deduct the 20% that Fiverr takes.

Either way, congratulations. You have unique gigs and unique skills. Most people can't quit their jobs with the gigs they have. Even during the good old days of Fiverr, the most I ever made was $1,500 to $2,000 a month.  

• Like 85
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Congrats @andrewcarpen756 this is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing it!

I'd like to ask you for some general seller feedback, please.

I see you are using your own name. I see other sellers are using their company's name.

I work with a team of other freelancers. To grow my brand etc do you think I should just close my current profile (with my name) and just open a new seller's profile with my Company Name? Is it important to show that my company has a team of freelancers and experts instead of just showing me as a 1 team member on Fiverr?

I feel like most of the successful sellers here have a company brand profile and are getting many orders compared to a 1 man show business profile. If you have any advice it would be very appreciated! Thank you so much!

• Like 70
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, donnovan86 said:

Do you have a lot of clicks on your gig but no sales? If so, that’s about prices I assume.

If you don’t have clicks, then it’s just because you are rather new to the platform. You will eventually get some sales, but it all comes down to promoting gigs and having patience.

I am level one seller but i am not getting much sales for now 5 months.But  i am getting all the reviews as 5 stars.Then whats went wrong?

On 2/15/2021 at 5:29 AM, andrewcarpen756 said:

I also feel that every seller learns with each order and adapts towards the Fiverr eco system. Some sellers choose to deliver the order as per the agreement some sellers (like myself) always go up and over on our delivers to ensure good ratings and hopefully a tip. These metrics can help your gig placement, build up relationships with clients for repeat business, increase revenue and so on.

For the 2 years i am experimented lot of things.for example when i change the gig prices or edit the gig the gig rankings going down.

• Like 69
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations for this wonderful success. Actually I have been on Fiverr for a while now but I never come to this community for once and the reason why I am here today is as a result of my Gigs that is deranked but you already answer my questions in your post. Thanks once again.

• Like 61
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this piece of post. The enjoy to see that people earn online, can not be overemphasized. Do you I have join Fiverr since 2020. I have heard of Fiverr since 2005. I didn't understand how it works. I just become a seller this month. I didn't know that there is a buyer side to it and seller side to it. I have been on the buyer side for two years. I know that the day, your eyes open to opportunities that is when your breakthrough start. Thank you a million times. 

• Like 59
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:43 PM, andrewcarpen756 said:

Remember the artform that is business, always overdeliver to your customers, going the extra mile in any walk of life has huge benefits.

Thanks for sharing your story and for your tips. I have a question if you don't mind. I have heard this same advice from many experienced fiverr sellers - to overdeliver on your orders. Can you please explain what that exactly means? Thank you in advance! 

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, aswatha19 said:

Thanks for sharing your story and for your tips. I have a question if you don't mind. I have heard this same advice from many experienced fiverr sellers - to overdeliver on your orders. Can you please explain what that exactly means? Thank you in advance! 

Firstly, that's only half the advice. The full phrase is "Underpromise, overdeliver", and yes, that first part is important. It's duel purpose, because if you fail at either point, you'll be less likely to have an upset Buyer. Thus it is not a requirement, but a policy for cases in which things go wrong. Overdeliver is the backup strategy.

That said, there's nothing wrong with throwing in a tiny bit more than what you state in your delivery, so long as it does not cost you more resources.

• Like 55
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...