How long did it take before you've got your first job on fiverr?

basicolors

Hey guys, I’m new here and glad to be a part of your creative community. I wondering how long did it take before you’ve got your first order? There is the same Topic but it’s five years old. Need your up-to-date Experience with this issue. Have a nice day 😃 and thanks in Advance.

For me, it took longer. only one since then.

Haven’t you ever heard the phrase, “Your mileage may vary”. ? It doesn’t matter, really, if someone else here chimes in with a positive affirmation that they got an order within hours of posting their Gig, or another one saying, I was here a year. That does not describe what YOUR experience here will be. You may wait hours or even years for your first order - depends on what categories you put your Gigs in. Are they over saturated with sellers? Is your Gig even worth looking at - does it catch the eye of a potential buyer etc.

I know hearing others say they got their first order within hours or days will boost your confidence, but, that was THEIR experience, and may not reflect yours at all.

I got my first order within hours - but, that was in 2013! 2020 and beyond is going to be tougher here for those just starting, especially if you are placing Gigs in the most populated categories. You will literally be drowned out by all the other “noise” in those categories. Find a niche category that you have proficiency in to list your Gigs. Pick a category that offers something people need, and you may succeed sooner rather than later.

GG

Haven’t you ever heard the phrase, “Your mileage may vary”. ? It doesn’t matter, really, if someone else here chimes in with a positive affirmation that they got an order within hours of posting their Gig, or another one saying, I was here a year. That does not describe what YOUR experience here will be. You may wait hours or even years for your first order - depends on what categories you put your Gigs in. Are they over saturated with sellers? Is your Gig even worth looking at - does it catch the eye of a potential buyer etc.

I know hearing others say they got their first order within hours or days will boost your confidence, but, that was THEIR experience, and may not reflect yours at all.

I got my first order within hours - but, that was in 2013! 2020 and beyond is going to be tougher here for those just starting, especially if you are placing Gigs in the most populated categories. You will literally be drowned out by all the other “noise” in those categories. Find a niche category that you have proficiency in to list your Gigs. Pick a category that offers something people need, and you may succeed sooner rather than later.

GG

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, very usefull tip and for sharing your experience with me, i appreciate it! Knowing experience of others could give me the full picture of the fiverr’s world

for new members everything matters 😉

Why would my first order matter to you? If I told you it took me less than 24 hrs, would it help improve your sales? If it took me 3 months would it help improve your sales?

Every experience will be different, we all have different methods, different success rates.

What another person eats for dinner doesn’t fill your belly.

GG

Exactly…

Why would my first order matter to you? If I told you it took me less than 24 hrs, would it help improve your sales? If it took me 3 months would it help improve your sales?

Every experience will be different, we all have different methods, different success rates.

What another person eats for dinner doesn’t fill your belly.

thanks for detailed reply, your experience is also interesting for me, just doing reseach on this topic to get a more clear picture of the platform 😉

Archived