I am a Top Rated Seller!

vibronx

On 1/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, vibronx said:

I was sleeping in today when I was woken up by the recognizable Fiverr email notification from my phone. “What is it now? It is Saturday morning…” I mumbled to myself before stumbling out of bed to check my phone. The words “Congratulations! You’re a Top Rated Seller!” were blasted over the screen as I unlocked it. I gasped. “What? That can’t be true…” I checked my profile. Sure enough. The badge was there. I ran to my girlfriend to show her, but she is doing a group project for her class on Zoom, so now I am here making a bragging thread.

I have been selling on Fiverr since mid-May 2018, having started on here as a buyer in December 2016. For the first 12-15 months of selling, I was more concentrated on other projects and still in school, so I probably used “Out of Office” mode twenty times. I became a Level 2 seller on August 15, 2019, and it is only during 2020 that I have really started to earn a lot here. I got nominated for Top Rated Seller for the first time in November, so I got the badge on my third try. In fact, I never thought I was going to get the badge. Fiverr had never chosen me for anything. Never a Rising Talent badge and never a Fiverr’s Choice badge before the beginning of this month. I thought they would never choose me due to the fact that I have blocked 161 people on Fiverr (yes, I have counted - more than 100 of them happened during one month, though, where I was being targeted by spammers).

I think it is customary to give tips during a self-congratulatory post, so I will just say that the thing that has helped me the most is to study marketing techniques, read the forum and listen to the successful people here, do your own research, and think before you speak. However, I will also copy a list of tips I gave in another thread:

• Study effective marketing techniques - “Principles of Marketing” by Phillip Kotler and Gary Armstrong is a good place to start
  • Learn effective business communication - “Excellence in Business Communication” by John V. Thill is a good place to start.
  • Read Fiverr’s Terms of Service and the Community Standards carefully.
  • Use common sense.
  • Think before you speak.
  • Follow this Bible verse (you don’t have to be Christian - it is just generally good advice): “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.”
  • Trust your gut. Do not work with a buyer if something seems fishy. And, if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is.
  • Know your boundaries and put your foot down when you need to.
  • Continue reading and learning every day.
  • Work hard.
  • Never cut corners.
  • Lift weights, do cardio.
  • Eat healthy and count your calories.
  • Meditate.
  • Take cold showers.
  • Do not get addicted to anything.
  • Never misrepresent yourself. Make sure you can actually complete your offering to a professional standard and be honest about what you can do.
  • Make sure to take breaks. Taking your weekends or at least Sunday off is healthy. Spend time doing things you enjoy and spend time with your family and friends.
  • Study your competitors. Make sure your gigs stand out and adjust them if needed. Never rest on your laurels.
  • Learn to accept and apply criticism.
  • Use sunscreen.

I am just overjoyed! Gonna be some partying tonight!

I enjoyed reading this, many congratulations. I'm a newbie freelancer and I'm glad to come across this thread, will add this in my guide book.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 3:24 AM, vibronx said:

I was sleeping in today when I was woken up by the recognizable Fiverr email notification from my phone. “What is it now? It is Saturday morning…” I mumbled to myself before stumbling out of bed to check my phone. The words “Congratulations! You’re a Top Rated Seller!” were blasted over the screen as I unlocked it. I gasped. “What? That can’t be true…” I checked my profile. Sure enough. The badge was there. I ran to my girlfriend to show her, but she is doing a group project for her class on Zoom, so now I am here making a bragging thread.

I have been selling on Fiverr since mid-May 2018, having started on here as a buyer in December 2016. For the first 12-15 months of selling, I was more concentrated on other projects and still in school, so I probably used “Out of Office” mode twenty times. I became a Level 2 seller on August 15, 2019, and it is only during 2020 that I have really started to earn a lot here. I got nominated for Top Rated Seller for the first time in November, so I got the badge on my third try. In fact, I never thought I was going to get the badge. Fiverr had never chosen me for anything. Never a Rising Talent badge and never a Fiverr’s Choice badge before the beginning of this month. I thought they would never choose me due to the fact that I have blocked 161 people on Fiverr (yes, I have counted - more than 100 of them happened during one month, though, where I was being targeted by spammers).

I think it is customary to give tips during a self-congratulatory post, so I will just say that the thing that has helped me the most is to study marketing techniques, read the forum and listen to the successful people here, do your own research, and think before you speak. However, I will also copy a list of tips I gave in another thread:

• Study effective marketing techniques - “Principles of Marketing” by Phillip Kotler and Gary Armstrong is a good place to start
  • Learn effective business communication - “Excellence in Business Communication” by John V. Thill is a good place to start.
  • Use common sense.
  • Follow this Bible verse (you don’t have to be Christian - it is just generally good advice): “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.”
  • Trust your gut. Do not work with a buyer if something seems fishy. And, if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is.
  • Work hard.
  • Never cut corners.
  • Meditate.
  • Take cold showers.
  • Never misrepresent yourself. Make sure you can actually complete your offering to a professional standard and be honest about what you can do.
  • Make sure to take breaks. Taking your weekends or at least Sunday off is healthy. Spend time doing things you enjoy and spend time with your family and friends.
  • Study your competitors. Make sure your gigs stand out and adjust them if needed. Never rest on your laurels.
  • Use sunscreen.

Thank you for sharing your valuable tips

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, vibronx said:

• Use common sense.
  • Work hard.
  • Never cut corners.
  • Meditate.
  • Take cold showers.
  • Use sunscreen.

congratulations, on your TRS badge, wish you a good luck ahead

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...