Why Your Impressions And Clicks Are Down

looseink

One of the most common questions posted on the Fiverr Forum I’ve noticed in the past few weeks I have been active on the Forum pages is one that asks something about a drop in Gig impressions and clicks.

Here is a shortlist of probable reasons for that.

Hopefully, this post will clear up some of the confusion newbies are experiencing.

1 - The Increase Of New Members To Fiverr

I have noticed a huge increase in the number of posts that start with the words, “I am new to Fiverr…” There is a great deal of interest in this freelancing platform from all over the world. It seems to attract dozens of new members every hour or two. This will have a negative impact on your Gig impressions and clicks simply due to the math.

This is what I mean by that.

If (an example I’m making up) you were one of 100 Sellers who provided a Gig on video editing a few months ago and saw a fair deal of impressions and clicks, that made sense. Now, with so many newbies on Fiverr, you may be one in 10,000 Sellers with the same Gig. That has increased your competition by a huge amount and as a result, your impressions and clicks are going to logically drop.

2 - Gig Rotation

Fiverr has (apparently) implemented a process that is known on the Forum as Gig Rotation. What this means is that if you have seen your Gig listed on Page 1 for your Gig category/keywords, it probably isn’t there anymore. Fiverr has chosen to “rotate” Gigs to make it fair to all Sellers to get Page 1 exposure.

As to what tips and tricks you have to use to activate the rotation process, it’s unknown. That’s a good thing because keeping it unknown ensures that it remains fair for everyone.

3 - Your Gig Looks Tired And Dull

It happens. With so much extra competition out there in recent months, you can bet that some of the new Sellers have Gig descriptions that are better than yours. They may even have Gig photos and videos that are better than yours. All this means is that with many new Fiverr members using flashy, attractive visuals, some of the impressions and clicks you are used to getting are going somewhere else.

You can try to compete by updating your Gig details on a regular basis (I do this) as that will keep your Gigs looking fresh and new. It also doesn’t hurt to check out what your competitors are doing and try to be better with your presentation.

There are other reasons why your impressions and clicks may be dropping from what you are used to seeing, but these are very likely the main reasons. Other Fiverr members will add to this list and hopefully everyone sees enough business in 2021 to keep busy and not worry about stats so much.

• Like 669
  • Haha 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 44

This is probably the best article I have checked during the last 2 months. I have seen 200+ useless posts that quote “share your gig in the social media”. I think anyone of us applied this point with poor results. In my opinion, the “Promote your gig” bugged the gig rotation algorithm since I have noticed a lot of “4.7/4.8 rating” with “20/40” reviews in my main category even if I have 200 reviews with a 4.9 rating in my gig.

• Like 181
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 14

• 2 months later...

These points are probably very accurate. The sad thing is, it shows that you cannot rely on Fiverr for income, despite how good your services or reviews may be. With no notice you can go from hero to zero, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I’m there a the moment!

• Like 126
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 9

it is good articel. But impressions clicks is not anything. I new but i believe you have to be proactiv and not just sid around waiting for people to contact you. but also contact anyone who have work that might be somthing for you to do. and if no job is current in the market place then it is a good time to work on your skill

• Like 117
  • Thanks 13

• 1 month later...

Ok guys I have an new questions 🙂
Does number of order in queue affecting your rank ? I got thousands of impression when I didn’t have any orders in queue last week. After I got few orders plummeted back to hundreds now. Maybe algorithm calculates how many orders I can finish since they already have an average order duration, date etc…

• Like 115
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

The other thing is that it can be seasonal too.
What I mean by this is that it all depends on factors occurring in certain countries such as public holidays/holiday seasons, COVID lockdown issues affecting people needing work done, weather - some businesses are weather dependent, plus there are a 1000 other freelancing websites out there too and people are discovering there may be other opportunities that provide a higher quality of work than is available here right now due to the glut of freelancing operating here currently.

• Like 111
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 8

• 5 weeks later...

now this helps with my confusion. my gig ranked first for a week then suddenly the impressions and clicks dropped. and now i can not find my gig even on the last page. this was so heart breaking. but reading this article it really helped me. thanks

• Like 112
  • Congrats! 4
  • Thanks 5

• 10 months later...

It's getting a lot harder to get good impressions on fiverr now. It's as if organic impressions no longer work here. Right now it seems only the pro sellers, top rated sellers & promoted gigs are getting good impressions/clicks.

I'd really love to see an improved analytics section with more data to help us understand how/where to make adjustments as sellers. Adjust your description, seo, cover photo, add a video... response rate/order completion/on-time delivery all 100% but impressions keep nosediving.

Here's my advise to sellers especially if you offer graphic design services - Start building your own audience on social media and get an online portfolio (not just pdfs)

Good Luck!

• Like 76
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, looseink said:

Gig Rotation

Fiverr has (apparently) implemented a process that is known on the Forum as Gig Rotation. What this means is that if you have seen your Gig listed on Page 1 for your Gig category/keywords, it probably isn’t there anymore. Fiverr has chosen to “rotate” Gigs to make it fair to all Sellers to get Page 1 exposure.

As to what tips and tricks you have to use to activate the rotation process, it’s unknown. That’s a good thing because keeping it unknown ensures that it remains fair for everyone.

Is it interesting not that the customer support seems unaware of this going on? On a related ticket submitted to the customer service (I was not asking about the decrease of impressions and I have made peace with it, I know it will happen. I was asking if there is any violations.), their reply is implies that it's not true.

• Like 74
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 5:36 PM, saadakbar1001 said:

I think it's possible to rank again after getting de-ranked. do the following steps

1- Send Buyer requests (10) your gig will get good impressions bcz you're sending offers daily

2- Gig should have good image, video and description and everything should be must attractive 

3- Have good  communication with clients, so if even one client reaches to you, you get an order 

BOOM YOU'RE BACK ON FIVERR COMPETITION

I think the buyer's request is true to some extent but the rest isn't true. Many sellers see a dip in their impressions and clicks after doing well. For communication, many non-native sellers don't communicate well but they do well anyway. For new sellers, it's about price but for higher levels it's about reviews.

I don't think you can do anything if Fiverr rotates you; I have had a few recent sales with a higher selling price but my impressions continue to decrease anyway. This is after 2 of my best months ever on Fiverr.

• Like 55
  • Thanks 3

On 3/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, principalmike said:

These points are probably very accurate. The sad thing is, it shows that you cannot rely on Fiverr for income, despite how good your services or reviews may be. With no notice you can go from hero to zero, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I’m there a the moment!

Hey I hope you don't mind me piggybacking your comment. I'm in a very similar position to the one you describe in your post. Top Rated Seller, 1.3K+ positive reviews (5* overall across nearly 3K orders), and my clicks have dropped from hundreds daily to less than 10. I'm currently looking into my options for improvement, but I wonder whether you ever experienced an uplift in your sales following this lull? I understand there are 60 day and 90 day cycles in play, so I'd appreciate an insight from someone who has experienced a drop themselves. 

• Like 54
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, c_sahariya said:

Same Problem 

Sorry to hear that. I appreciate how stressful and/or frustrating it can be. This is why I'm trying to educate myself on reasons that may be underpinning the drop, and any potential strategies I can implement to elevate my profile once again (beyond generic advice). I hope things pick up for you shortly.   

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...