Can I ask for a review on Fiverr?

adrian_1976

Hello everyone! I recently completed an order with a buyer that had given me a 5-star review before and I currently have 3 five-star reviews on my gig.

I wanted to know whether it was “legal” or not to ask a buyer to give a review. Not a 5 star review. Just a review.

I looked in Fiverr’s TOS (terms of service), and this is what they said there:

• Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an Order are an essential part of Fiverr’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.

• Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.

• To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.

• Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Gig page.

• Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller’s Live Portfolio on their Gig page if the Buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.

• Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.

• Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the Order will be considered completed.

• Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.

• Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.

Okay, so from reading all these terms in the Fiverr review section of TOS, it doesn’t say that you cannot ask for a review.

So you might respond with something like this:
there are many topics about this on the Fiverr Community Forrum. Check out this topic.

Trust me, I have looked at many topics, and I have found that some say that this is against Fiverr TOS, (I don’t see that it is from reading TOS), and some say it isn’t.

I want to know whether it’s okay or not and solve this once and for all.

Looking forward to your responses.

• Adrian Marin
  • Like 33

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Fiverr asks the buyer more than once if they want to leave a review.

It is their prerogative if they wish to or not.

Best to leave it and move on.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

I agree. You can get a warning for discussing a review? I didn’t mention the name of the buyer or anything. No details were given.

• Like 14

Okay. I read that topic. Pretty intresting. I learned a lot from there. Basically, you can’t really ask for a review. Thanks!

Essentially, certain words are flagged in chat for automatic review, one of them is “review” - I know that “pay” and “email” are another two. Sometimes the words come up in conversation when discussing things (e.g. “Do you want me to encourage your customers to leave their email at the end of this page?”) and those of us that have worked here for awhile find other ways to say it to avoid the appearance of impropriety in the chat. Anything revolving around review is a minefield though, and for the sake of your account and sanity, I’d heavily suggest you avoid it.

There’s nothing wrong with noting with the submission turn-in box, however, that “If there’s anything else I can help you with, or if you have any questions, please let me know!” - it makes you accessible if they have an issue and that will hopefully improve your customer service experience in the eyes of the client.

• Like 15

Essentially, certain words are flagged in chat for automatic review, one of them is “review” - I know that “pay” and “email” are another two. Sometimes the words come up in conversation when discussing things (e.g. “Do you want me to encourage your customers to leave their email at the end of this page?”) and those of us that have worked here for awhile find other ways to say it to avoid the appearance of impropriety in the chat. Anything revolving around review is a minefield though, and for the sake of your account and sanity, I’d heavily suggest you avoid it.

There’s nothing wrong with noting with the submission turn-in box, however, that “If there’s anything else I can help you with, or if you have any questions, please let me know!” - it makes you accessible if they have an issue and that will hopefully improve your customer service experience in the eyes of the client.

Okay thank you. Thank you to everyone for your help.

• Like 13

Hi everybody,

thanks for taking interest regarding the topic, it’s a pretty hot one and among sellers will remain so for a long time, but I’ll offer you an idea to think about, instead of revolving around the same questions and frantically trying to stay on the edge.

Are you sure that asking for a review is something that will make you appear as a true professional of your field?
Most of the time this is a signal of insecurity because you’re asking for explicit validation in order to have more revenue in the future, this is called a favor, an extra, something a true professional will never ask, because the professional execute and performs certainties, do not ask for an uncertain validation that rely on the client kindness, the seller is there to serve the buyer, not vice versa.

Thanks for your attention and kindness,

Mix Jones

• Like 18

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, mixjones said:

Hi everybody,

thanks for taking interest regarding the topic, it’s a pretty hot one and among sellers will remain so for a long time, but I’ll offer you an idea to think about, instead of revolving around the same questions and frantically trying to stay on the edge.

Are you sure that asking for a review is something that will make you appear as a true professional of your field?
Most of the time this is a signal of insecurity because you’re asking for explicit validation in order to have more revenue in the future, this is called a favor, an extra, something a true professional will never ask, because the professional execute and performs certainties, do not ask for an uncertain validation that rely on the client kindness, the seller is there to serve the buyer, not vice versa.

Thanks for your attention and kindness,

Mix Jones

I agree with that.Thank you so much for giving such beautiful advice. 

• Like 12

On 1/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, mehedi_shawon said:

It’s better don’t ask and talk about review or feedback. Some seller got warning and some sellers account got suspended for asking feedback.

Yes, i agree with you. 

• Like 11