The Worst Advice To Give A Newbie (This Is For New Members)

looseink

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all points sir, you explained them beautifully , except point 4. All i can say from my experience it takes one bad review to get you out of business for a week , month or even upto a year . There are sellers who cancelled one order and thrown back to the very last page of their category , Some of them had bad review from the latest client and that caused all of their gigs to de-rank within an hour. So reviews is all that matters in this platform.

Hello, I’ve been a seller for 2 or 3 years now designing planners for my clients (I’m a college student so I have to pause sometimes) and unfortunately I’ve gotten 9 canceled orders… and 53 completed orders with 5 in progress. So basically my question is, when having 9 cancellations is this bad on my end?? Please be brutally honest. I’ve made over 1k so far, so is this bad as well over a 2 or 3 year period (keep in mind I’m in college lol)

Hello, I’ve been a seller for 2 or 3 years now designing planners for my clients (I’m a college student so I have to pause sometimes) and unfortunately I’ve gotten 9 canceled orders… and 53 completed orders with 5 in progress. So basically my question is, when having 9 cancellations is this bad on my end?? Please be brutally honest. I’ve made over 1k so far, so is this bad as well over a 2 or 3 year period (keep in mind I’m in college lol)

Hard to say.

I’ve had a few cancellations myself but they have always been mutual.

I totally agree with you
It is never possible to be active all day then share your gig on social media because it increases the impression but the order does not if your account doesn’t have Buyer who needs your Service, actually this is harmful for your gigs.
Thank you

Thanks for sharing, it’ll help me especially as I am a new seller, a question I would like to ask is you said always limit your revisions to 2 or 3 maximum does it mean it would be wise to charge for extra revision if a buyers needs more?

If you do decide to give 2 or 3 or whatever amount of revisions, and the buyer tries to go over that, yes, you are within your right (especially if they ask for new work that wasn’t even in the initial order) to tell them that that would be extra and you can draw up a Custom Offer. The thing is, a lot of buyers here take advantage of new sellers as they know they are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to their first orders - so, they will usually do everything possible to make the buyer happy. The buyer tends to take advantage of this getting way more work than what they are paying for.

GG

Archived