Fiverr is promoting new sellers but not the old sellers

ayanhaiderr

I already did the research as I have mentioned. In all of threads it says , Improve images, title and lower the prices ! and I have done all of that

I already did the research as I have mentioned. In all of threads it says , Improve images, title and lower the prices ! and I have done all of that

I do not think most sellers who are getting a reasonable amount of orders would give the advice to lower prices. :thinking:

Why lower your prices to try and secure sales? I think this is terrible advice.

By doing so, you are placing yourself in the same space as 95% of other sellers who charge rock bottom prices and promise the earth. There is no differentiation between you and most of the other sellers.

By charging more, you stand out from the crowd. Good buyers are prepared to pay for a service.

I mean the following in a friendly way, but I see you are charging $30 for a fully functional shopify store. It is way too cheap in my opinion - and personally, I wouldn’t trust anyone charging this little. Charge $150 and I might be thinking “This guy is serious. He knows what he’s doing”.

Spot on. I also seem to be seeing a lot of the selected fiver choice gigs are gigs with high pricing (triple figures for basic).

I think people can forget that every seller / gig is a cost for fiver to maintain. They want each gig to generate as much revenue as possible.

This is a classic tactic when selling a house next door to a similar house up for sale. Raise your price, don’t lower it, people think there’s a justified reason for the high price even if they can’t see it and think your house is better.

Another thread on this? Seriously?

We’ve already explained hundreds of times why this happens.

Why not research before you post?

Why not seek to understand before crying victim? This is a business, not a charity. Fiverr supports their business objectives, not yours.

Bingo!

You nailed it on the head.

Let me take a stab at responding to this.

I am an “old” Fiverr member (4 years).

My numbers have taken a huge dip.

I couldn’t find my Gigs with GPS if I tried.

Then I thought about it.

I see there have been (my estimate) 2,500 newbies joining Fiverr hourly (or it seems that way).

That’s a ton of competition, even if many of them are horrible at what they promote in their Gigs (and some are very good, as well).

So…I thought I would tweak my Gigs.

I also added more new Gigs.

Each of them got new visuals as well.

That was about three weeks ago.

Guess what?

I now show up on searches and my impression/click stats have gone up…a lot.

Why did this happen?

I’ll give you a hint: I did something about it instead of whining about it.

Maybe give it a try.

You might like the results.

Spot on. I also seem to be seeing a lot of the selected fiver choice gigs are gigs with high pricing (triple figures for basic).

I think people can forget that every seller / gig is a cost for fiver to maintain. They want each gig to generate as much revenue as possible.

This is a classic tactic when selling a house next door to a similar house up for sale. Raise your price, don’t lower it, people think there’s a justified reason for the high price even if they can’t see it and think your house is better.

Raise your price, don’t lower it, people think there’s a justified reason for the high price even if they can’t see it and think your house is better.

Bingo. And skilled buyers know that value has a cost.

They’ll wonder how skilled you could be if you’re paying yourself so little.

Bingo!

You nailed it on the head.

Thank you! Value is the key. If your gig is superfluous and you aren’t exceptional and you’re charging the same incredibly low price as most other sellers, why would someone buy from you?

People need to stop thinking they can override sales principles by changing their gig image, spamming and charging low

I need to follow my own advice re prices.

My strategy is to reach level 2 and I expect and accept the inevitable traffic drop then. But I will raise my prices, improve my existing gigs with what I’ve learned from buyer feedback and the forum, and activate my new gigs to get fresh eyes to counter this as much as possible.

I’ve gone with the ‘building upon my anchor gig’ approach. I thought about posting this but just haven’t. Think it makes sense as an approach.

Then I thought about it.

I see there have been (my estimate) 2,500 newbies joining Fiverr hourly (or it seems that way).

That’s a ton of competition, even if many of them are horrible at what they promote in their Gigs (and some are very good, as well).

Guess what?

Why did this happen?

Maybe give it a try.

Well said. But you missed one key point (bear with me)!

You had the initiative / the awareness / the determination to do something about it. Sadly most of the people we see moan on in the forum lack these prerequisites.

And it it this lack of basic business skills which means that many will ultimately fail.

You had the initiative / the awareness / the determination to do something about it. Sadly most of the people we see moan on in the forum lack these prerequisites.

And it it this lack of basic business skills which means that many will ultimately fail.

Exactly.

I wanted to say something like that but bit my tongue…lol

Totally.

The vast majority of people who say they are working hard to get sales but it isn’t working aren’t working hard to understand their competition or learn sales principles. They’re just pretending to be online, spamming people and changing their gig image.

People would perform much better if they learned how sales actually works instead of pulling tricks and trying to game the system.

I think everything that needs to be said has been said, but allow me to say this, loud and clear. Do NOT, do NOT lower your price, OP! Especially not at level 2!!
Why would you do that to yourself!?
The comments might sound harsh to you, but you really need to read through the forum, do some research. Be sure to get yourself a nice hot drink while doing that, it helps.

Aside from that, hey there’s my girl @nikavoice!! Happy New Year!! 🍾

Yep. I have noticed this too. The sorting options are simply not working, and even if you try to look for gigs that have been around for 10 years with 30k reviews, they are on last pages usually even if you select best selling sorting. For some reason new gigs with 2 ratings and 0 orders in queue are selling better according to Fiverr, as they appear sooner in the list.

I’m also affected. 99% drop in sales for whole 2020, except 2 weeks of more visibility in March and December.

I’m not talking about that.

I’m talking about your complaint of new sellers being given priority. There are literally hundreds of discussions here explaining why that is. It isn’t going to change and it’s useless to complain about it. Fiverr isn’t going to.change their business model to suit you.

If you aren’t making sales, maybe what you’re seelig has more sellers than buyers. That isn’t Fiverr’s fault.

According to my view, that is truly right. You have to understand that whenever the field get saturated with sellers, the competition becomes more harder.

You need to continuously improve your services and do something that others are not doing to sustain in that particular environment.

I’m not opposing that Fiverr provides exposure and give higher rank to new sellers, but ultimately, telent gets profit in Fiverr not specifically new sellers or old sellers.

It is my view which can be wrong or right in your perspective. Comment me if I’m saying correctly!

According to my view, that is truly right. You have to understand that whenever the field get saturated with sellers, the competition becomes more harder.

You need to continuously improve your services and do something that others are not doing to sustain in that particular environment.

I’m not opposing that Fiverr provides exposure and give higher rank to new sellers, but ultimately, telent gets profit in Fiverr not specifically new sellers or old sellers.

It is my view which can be wrong or right in your perspective. Comment me if I’m saying correctly!

telent gets profit in Fiverr not specifically new sellers or old sellers.

I think there is truth to this statement, unfortunately this is not always correct. We can find people were they use a logo maker to make logos and still have hundreds of five star reviews. But yes, if your good at your craft, are different from your competition and strive to do all that is needed to optimise your gig and getting it on the first page then you have a much higher chance of succeeding on fiverr.

telent gets profit in Fiverr not specifically new sellers or old sellers.

I think there is truth to this statement, unfortunately this is not always correct. We can find people were they use a logo maker to make logos and still have hundreds of five star reviews. But yes, if your good at your craft, are different from your competition and strive to do all that is needed to optimise your gig and getting it on the first page then you have a much higher chance of succeeding on fiverr.

Your opinion is truly correct.

According to your view on logo making, my opinion is that it not matters you are working hardly or smartly to provide service.

All that matter is quality and there is also saying that smart work always on top of hard work.

I’m saying this not in particular to logo making, it is in general!

I think everything that needs to be said has been said, but allow me to say this, loud and clear. Do NOT, do NOT lower your price, OP! Especially not at level 2!!

Why would you do that to yourself!?

The comments might sound harsh to you, but you really need to read through the forum, do some research. Be sure to get yourself a nice hot drink while doing that, it helps.

Aside from that, hey there’s my girl @nikavoice!! Happy New Year!! 🍾

Sure, I will read forum more and will research . Thanks For Guidance and tips everyone 🙂

Then I thought about it.

Guess what?

Why did this happen?

Maybe give it a try.

Well said, thanks for this amazing tips, Thank You 🙂

Then I thought about it.

Guess what?

Why did this happen?

Maybe give it a try.

Maybe give it a try.

@faseehzafar maybe if you read the complete post made by @looseink above you will find out how to improve your situation.

Archived