New Sellers .... The True Way to Success!

lloydsolutions

Thank you so much,

The forum is full of new sellers desperately wanting success.

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

Of course that is not the case!

Selling on Fiverr is just like opening a business.

Imagine you are opening a shop in a town.

You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better.

Or maybe a niche that nobody else has thought of.

That is called research and you must do this before doing anything.

Only offer something for which you have the ability to provide a professional service.

Make sure everything in your profile is accurate. Buyers are not stupid and they will see through deception and move on to buy from someone else.

Your Fiverr account and your forum account are separate.

Posting on the forum will not get you sales.

Use the forum to read and learn from experienced forum members and sellers.

Everything you need to be successful is on the forum or the Fiverr website.

Beware of what you are finding elsewhere!

Read, learn, take action!

Good luck! 🙂

Thanks for valuable advice!

• Like 43

👏 Very well said! The forum is filled with topics made by new sellers with the traditional question “How to be successful on Fiverr? How to get the first order?” Before asking that, I suggest to research for that topic since there are sooo many existing topics with tips for New Sellers. Also, never believe in Easy Money. Money never comes easily, specially in the beginning. Sadly, many youtubers have made people believe that it is easy to make money on Fiverr and they come here unprepared, create a gig and only waste time.

Work hard. Always. Nothing comes easy.

You are absolutely right. Many YouTubers spread wrong information about freelancing and freelancing market place and people rush over here without any skills. And that create problem for people who have the skills. I completed a graphic designer course from a incredible institute from my country but it’s still very hard for me to get order. I think Fiverr should be more strict about account creation as a freelancer.

• Like 35

The Fiverr account is solely for creating, managing and selling your gigs. It is not a place to contact sellers and have discussions about your Freelancing career. If you do need services from another seller then you would need to switch to buying mode and look for a seller for the services you need.

The Fiverr forum is a place to have professional discussions and to learn from other sellers and even buyers, whether new or experienced. Reading some posts from other sellers will help you learn from them and see what you can do to improve your gigs and selling skills.

Also, if you are a seller, it would be beneficial to pay attention to posts by buyers as well. It will help see how their experience is on Fiverr and understanding their mindset. It will also be useful to understand what not to do and not make mistakes when you are dealing with buyers.

The forum is not a place to sell your gigs. That is taken as spam and a short cut without doing the actual work of promoting your gigs. You can get your gigs reviewed though.

The Fiverr account and Fiverr forum account fall under the Fiverr platform. You can use the same username and password to login, but you have to login separately, either via the app or the website. Logging on to the Fiverr account does not mean you are automatically logged in to the Fiverr forum account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the straight to the point advice … Makes more sense for me…

• Like 35

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic
On 12/29/2020 at 3:15 AM, lloydsolutions said:

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

You would see what the competition is doing. Are they offering the same thing as you. Can you offer something different or better.

Only offer something for which you have the ability to provide a professional service.

Make sure everything in your profile is accurate. Buyers are not stupid and they will see through deception and move on to buy from someone else.

Good luck! 🙂

Thanks for your great advice....🙂

• Like 47

On 12/29/2020 at 3:15 AM, lloydsolutions said:

Good luck! 🙂

Thank you for the advice

• Like 32

13 hours ago, developernasim said:

Thanks for your great advice....🙂

13 hours ago, mukterhossain52 said:

Thank you for the advice

8 minutes ago, ibrahim_275 said:

Good topic. It will be helpful for all new seller like me.

Thanks for good advice.

I’m really glad to see that you guys are enjoying the forum. 
as you can see it’s a new platform and now instead of writing “thank you” post and cluttering the topic you can just put “thank you” reaction on the post. It’s like putting a “like button” but you get to choose “thank you” reaction. 

• Like 39
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• wp_kid locked this topic