Long window for buyers leaving reviews

liamdormon

Why do buyers have an unlimited amount of time to leave a review? I’ve had a couple people now complete an order and then wait 2 weeks before leaving a negative, almost slanderous, review.

My most recent example was a customer who asked if I thought a project idea was a good idea, I told him to go for it, that it sounded great, only problem was that the guy was expecting me to provide him with copyrighted assets when my gig explicitly states that any additional content you would like added you would need to supply me with. Ok, fine we got around that and I was able to complete 100% of the order that I advertise that I would be able to complete. The final kick in the teeth for this guy is that he was using my server license key illegaly instead of his own so of course I deactivated it and replaced my own, this is standard practice - why would I let somebody leeech off of my license key that I pay for?

I don’t think it’s fair to allow people to wait 2 weeks to leave a negative review after you’ve done everything right and it’s their failure to read into what they’re buying that has lead to their bad experience. I’ve contacted fiverr support about malicious reviews and fake reviews and I get put through to a supervisor who tells me in short “everything you are telling us is against our terms of service but we’re going to do absolutley nothing to help you” and then rudely closes the ticket when I reply to him.

I think it’s closer to a month. I had people leave a review 2-3 weeks after the order was delivered. That is, unless things changed during this year. But yes, there’s a long review window. I can see why, not everyone has a normal job, some people are traveling or there are sick, so it’s fair to have a long review window. If you do your job properly and the customer is satisfied, it doesn’t really matter. But if the work is not up to par, you would get a bad review anyway, it doesn’t matter when it was delivered.

I believe it’s 10 days. You can neither leave a review nor respond to the review after that.

It’s to give your buyer a chance to try the product out to leave an honest and accurate review (I’m assuming).

Yep, you are right, the buyer has ten days to leave reviews once the order is marked as complete. 🙂

I think it’s closer to a month. I had people leave a review 2-3 weeks after the order was delivered. That is, unless things changed during this year. But yes, there’s a long review window. I can see why, not everyone has a normal job, some people are traveling or there are sick, so it’s fair to have a long review window. If you do your job properly and the customer is satisfied, it doesn’t really matter. But if the work is not up to par, you would get a bad review anyway, it doesn’t matter when it was delivered.

I disagree that the work was sub par, I gave the same service I give to everyone else and I tell people they need to use their own server license but this one customer decides to leech off of my license key which I pay for so why he saw that as my fault when I reset the key confuses me. They customer had plenty of time to use the product to evaluate it (I know this because I can see when he’s using my license) but the guy waits untill after I rightfully reset my key (which is the rules of the server provider, you cannot have multiple people using the same key) to leave a negative review. It might seem like I’m just venting but I’m very frustrated with customers like this who don’t read into what they’re paying for.

Why do buyers have an unlimited amount of time to leave a review? I’ve had a couple people now complete an order and then wait 2 weeks before leaving a negative, almost slanderous, review.

My most recent example was a customer who asked if I thought a project idea was a good idea, I told him to go for it, that it sounded great, only problem was that the guy was expecting me to provide him with copyrighted assets when my gig explicitly states that any additional content you would like added you would need to supply me with. Ok, fine we got around that and I was able to complete 100% of the order that I advertise that I would be able to complete. The final kick in the teeth for this guy is that he was using my server license key illegaly instead of his own so of course I deactivated it and replaced my own, this is standard practice - why would I let somebody leeech off of my license key that I pay for?

I don’t think it’s fair to allow people to wait 2 weeks to leave a negative review after you’ve done everything right and it’s their failure to read into what they’re buying that has lead to their bad experience. I’ve contacted fiverr support about malicious reviews and fake reviews and I get put through to a supervisor who tells me in short “everything you are telling us is against our terms of service but we’re going to do absolutley nothing to help you” and then rudely closes the ticket when I reply to him.

I’ve had a couple people now complete an order and then wait 2 weeks before leaving a negative, almost slanderous, review.

According to Fiverr’s Terms of Service, they have 10 days after the order was marked as complete.

It used to be unlimited time, then it was reduced to a month, then to 10 days.

I disagree that the work was sub par, I gave the same service I give to everyone else and I tell people they need to use their own server license but this one customer decides to leech off of my license key which I pay for so why he saw that as my fault when I reset the key confuses me. They customer had plenty of time to use the product to evaluate it (I know this because I can see when he’s using my license) but the guy waits untill after I rightfully reset my key (which is the rules of the server provider, you cannot have multiple people using the same key) to leave a negative review. It might seem like I’m just venting but I’m very frustrated with customers like this who don’t read into what they’re paying for.

I disagree that the work was sub par

What I said is that regardless of the situation, if the buyer wants to leave a bad review and they think that the work is not ok, they will leave a bad review regardless of how short or long the review window is. It’s up to the buyer to decide the review he wants to leave to a seller. Unfortunately it’s out of our hands.

This would irritate the life out of me too if I received that review. I commiserate. But be reassured, from a buyer’s perspective, the fact that he says you deactivated the license key makes him look daft, rather than you. Someone buying this service should know the license key doesn’t come with it-- plus, when he resorts to calling you names, he just sounds juvenile.

Anyway, don’t buyers pay you to know it all? 🙂 It really doesn’t pull down your other reviews as far as I am concerned.

Question: Do you read the reviews on TripAdvisor before you decide to stay or eat somewhere? Do you read the Google reviews of a hotel or restaurant before deciding to go there? If so, how much do the bad reviews influence your decision?

I read reviews. I also know that in some cases bad reviews result from someone who is angry and just wants to be mean. That’s why I weigh my decisions on more than the bad reviews.

If you are concerned that bad reviews are going to kill your business, maybe there is something wrong with how you do business…or the reviewer is angry about something you did or they think you did.

What I’m getting at here is that if all Buyers just relied on what they see in reviews, a lot of talented people would quit getting work.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t care about it, but I wouldn’t be so concerned as 1 bad review out of 100 isn’t going to have much impact on your work.

I don’t think it’s fair to allow people to wait 2 weeks to leave a negative review

• Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Archived