Please add an option to "accept/decline a direct gig purchase without prior agreement"

hajirabatool

Always annoying when buyers don’t follow requests / requirements. I think though this is widely speaking the nature of fiver, it’s a ‘grab something off the shelf’ buyers market, rather than ‘discuss requirements first’. That’s more common on other freelance platforms.

I think this may be in fivers roadmap to address though. More complex projects with higher price tags typically require deeper discussion. I think that’s why they introduced milestones and also now zoom functionality on some gigs. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point they allowed sellers an option to make pre purchase discussion mandatory.

Anyway, who knows, that’s not necessarily the part of the market they’re after.

I personally hate getting messages first, I’d rather people just purchased, but because my gig is straightforward I know I can effectively manage their expectations in my description and requirements. I understand for more complex gigs you want to discuss it first.

I do agree with you and I also think it does depend on the kind of freelance work.

I like to be messaged first mainly because I’ve had buyers place an order and either fix the problem themselves or they have a problem that I can’t solve.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feature would be great if could be implemented, and if it is somehow not possible I would suggest just a simple flow change in ordering .
Now when the buyers order a buyer first pay and then fill up the requirements .

The suggested change to address the above issue to some extent would be to:
Moving the adding requirements step before paying for the gig and ordering ,
So that the buyer at least know what’s required for the work to complete before they pay and order.
Which isn’t a big change for the buyers to just fill up requirements before ordering/paying and it should be beneficial for both parties as well as easier for development team to implement.

I hope someone from Fiverr notices this.
Thank you,

Thanks for voicing out, I think everything still boils down to the way sellers are being treated on Fiverr. We know that buyers are actually the major stakeholders because they inject funds into the system but if sellers do not do their best too, Fiverr will not gain the world recognition they have gained. Fiverr should as a matter of concern and respect for sellers consider reviewing some of their rules of engagement with sellers. Also, imagine a situation where a buyer decides to cancel an order after delivery without giving any serious excuse, and the situation is reported, I have never seen a seller win his right over a buyer, this is not supposed to be. These and many more are areas Fiverr should look into

This feature would be great if could be implemented, and if it is somehow not possible I would suggest just a simple flow change in ordering .

Now when the buyers order a buyer first pay and then fill up the requirements .

The suggested change to address the above issue to some extent would be to:

Moving the adding requirements step before paying for the gig and ordering ,

So that the buyer at least know what’s required for the work to complete before they pay and order.

Which isn’t a big change for the buyers to just fill up requirements before ordering/paying and it should be beneficial for both parties as well as easier for development team to implement.

I hope someone from Fiverr notices this.

Thank you,

I think this topic deserves it’s own thread since the different approach:

So created on, support if you think this feature would be helpful thank you…

I’ve seen many threads regarding to “decline order” button which would be great if implemented but if it is somehow not possible I would suggest just a simple flow change in ordering as an alternative . Now in the Fiverr ordering process when a buyer orders buyer first pay and then fill up the requirements . The suggested change to address the inappropriate ordering to some extent would be to: Moving the adding requirements step before paying for the gig and ordering , So that the buyer a…

Archived