We need to talk about the forum

cubittaudio

I sorry if you perceived it as me twisting anything. There is a LOT of feedback in this thread and it’s difficult to address each comment in a single post.

We have in place many systems and checks to make sure the correct information is shown to the correct people. Would it surprise you to know that we have over 291k posts created here in this forum in the past year? We easily go over 3.5 million pageviews… per month.

Flagging, category routing, moderators, community standards, and Single Sign On (accountability) all trying to work in harmony to try to keep this a place where any user can find any information or discussions that are relevant to them.

Concerns about users trying to “game” the system are valid, but that does boil down to is education. The best way to cheat or game the system is to produce quality content and deliver quality Gigs. The volume is too high to block or stop link posting here or on social media. Also, that would punish those who are doing it correctly.

“I doubt that anyone from Fiverr would, if pressed, agree that ‘remaining online 24/7’ and spamming Twitter incessantly were viable tactics for generating sales” - No need to press. I’ve said this is not a way to attract buyers multiple times, to multiple users, and in webinars and presentations.

All that said, there are a lot of new things, systems, rules, standards that will be in place over the next few weeks/months. But more on that soon.

Would it surprise you to know that we have over 291k posts created here in this forum in the past year? We easily go over 3.5 million pageviews… per month

I don’t expect mods to track all the faulty advice.

I do expect that when I flag a post for being a lie or being misleading that it will actually be removed.

All of complaining here use flags to try to help mods deal with the problematic posts. But it seems our efforts are in vain. Even when we try to help it doesn’t go anywhere.

Also, there are many ways to make it really fast and efficient to track lies. You could use the search tool to input phrases common in misinformation.

Concerns about users trying to “game” the system are valid, but that does boil down to is education

Exactly. And lies in posts prevent education. We’re all arguing for education.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the thread must be closed.

Not your decision to make.

I think this assures all of us

You can’t know what others think, unless they say it.

So, I think we are all happy for your reply.

Please stop talking for others unless they agree with that.

232662_2.png catwriter:

mmmmm impressive, the thread is still here 😉 I didn’t want to offend you or anyone. I was just trying to calm down, because an aggressive behaviour doesn’t bring to anything. I’m happy anyway (can I say for myself?) that we have a result and anything is going into the right direction 😊

318448_2.png manuelmarino:

mmmmm impressive, the thread is still here 😉 I didn’t want to offend you or anyone. I was just trying to calm down, because an aggressive behaviour doesn’t bring to anything. I’m happy anyway (can I say for myself?) that we have a result and anything is going into the right direction 😊

I was just trying to calm down, because an aggressive behaviour doesn’t bring to anything.

There was no aggressive behaviour that I could see - merely impassioned conversation, which is exactly what I was hoping from this post. It’s understandable that forum members wouldn’t want someone ‘speaking for them’, by declaring the post closed, just because it suits that one individual - I felt the same way. That’s what moderators are here for. If they think that a post is getting ‘aggressive’, they’ll close the thread. Multiple moderators were involved in the conversation right to the very end, and didn’t feel like the thread needed closing.

I’m not sure why you’ve re-opened this post - you essentially got what you wanted, the thread had closed naturally, by itself… until you chose to open it up again.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

:thinking:

I know this line is in the ‘old’ rules, and aren’t spelled out in the new ones, but it’s a good idea to read through everything in the “Rules and Guidelines” category.

Source: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

> In most forum categories, users are encouraged to post commentary that is insightful, useful, or meaningful. Some categories such as Conversations and the Ranting Pot have more leeway on this, whereas categories like Tips for Sellers, Tips for Buyers, and FAQ’s are more strict. Threads with excessive meaningless commentary may be cleaned up and closed . Posts on the main forum should be easily readable as text, so emojis should not be used so excessively that it is difficult to read the basic text content. Excessive emoji use on the main forum will be treated like other meaningless posts and may be flagged, cleaned up, or removed.

If users place comments on more serious threads and the comments appear to be for attention or self-promotion the comments may simply be removed. Post replies asking for personalized help are generally discouraged since it is much better for users to post their requests for help in Improve my Gig.

I know I read somewhere in the guidelines that people should use the heart/like rather than posting +1 or zero-content agreement and the like. I’ve been told “they’re just being friendly” but this behavior only perpetuates more of this behavior. The forum search option doesn’t work when the results are 90% irrelevant.

More directly related to this topic: limited flags and edits. I’ve been less active on the forums lately mainly due to constantly running out of flags. It’s frustrating to know I’m out of flags after I’ve run out and cannot flag what I was in the middle of flagging. About the only positive is that it’s a good sign that it’s time to leave for the day.

I know I read somewhere in the guidelines that people should use the heart/like rather than posting +1 or zero-content agreement and the like.

HA! I found it! 😁

https://forum.fiverr.com/guidelines#keep-tidy

It’s not in the “Community-Rules-and-Guidelines” category as a post or thread like I’d thought, it’s in the actual forum guidelines as in, the platform foundation base cornerstone guidelines!

(Sorry for opening the thread again? But this is good information, and really, we need all the helpful tools we can get.)

• 2 weeks later...

Because I know the truth,
It’s hard to watch the lies,
That uneasy feeling grows,
That warning voice inside,
And I wouldn’t be surprised at all
After the times it’s been let slide,
The ones who get in trouble
Are the ones who try to abide

The rules are there for a reason,
To protect, as I understand,
I even try, against the flow,