Poll: How much was your earning this month? Let's motivate the new comers!

emotionalsamex

poll  

100 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• $100+
    • $250+
    • $500+
    • $1000+
    • $2000+
    • $5000+

Why would you even try creating a gig in the competition of thousands of people then?

That’s the million dollar question.

Every single seller who comes here complaining about not getting sales is selling things that have literally 60,000 competitors selling the exact same thing. That’s right. People make a gig that has literally 60,000 competitors.

Yes it makes no sense but most sellers don’t research their competition or consider the role of supply and demand. They assume staying online and spamming the forum will override all that. It won’t, of course.

Yes it makes no sense but most sellers don’t research their competition or consider the role of supply and demand. They assume staying online and spamming the forum will override all that. It won’t, of course.

I totally agree to that point. You need to see what service is in demand and has less number of sellers. For example a graphic designer may offer some unique type of logo, maybe targeting a specific audience like “I will design logo for real estate companies” or anything like that. You need to be unique and that will bring you success.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$5,000-plus, turned down 2/3 of jobs. November was unbelievably busy and I’ve been putting in 15-hour days this month. This has to stop soon as I need time to do my tax return, ugh.

EDITED to ask: what about those who earned under $100 and wish to vote? 🙂 Everyone has to start somewhere!

Seriously, what is up with November? It’s always three times the work as usual, and then December is eerily silent.

I earned just over $200 in November. 2020 has been slow for me and I “blame” it to COVID and that I have been sick (recovering from congestive heart failure) so I have been “Out of Office” a few times.

That being said, today (December 15, 2020) I just completed Job #852 for me.

However, in 2019 I had several months between $775 and $1,200 in sales. For working just part-time, that is busy enough for me.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

For the past 30 days, I earned over $2000. I had so many people request items that I had to use Out of Office mode for the first time in a long time. My queue is almost empty, but I will keep it that way until next year. I want to have time for the holidays (and I have non-Fiverr tasks to finish before Christmas).

I would like to know what went through your mind when you copied my comment?

Seriously, what is up with November? It’s always three times the work as usual, and then December is eerily silent.

I think you’re right, the_mad_duck. December is just strange and I always just wish for it to pass as fast as possible, for many reasons! November was crazy–one of my clients wanted me to edit 600k words within a month (of course, not working for anyone else, which I told him was just never going to happen).

For the past 30 days, I earned over $2000. I had so many people request items that I had to use Out of Office mode for the first time in a long time. My queue is almost empty, but I will keep it that way until next year. I want to have time for the holidays (and I have non-Fiverr tasks to finish before Christmas).

I would like to know what went through your mind when you copied my comment?

Oh, haha! @hasanstores please share your own experience and avoid copying comment please. Thank you!

I am new to fiverr. Though i registered my account 2019, but i didn’t do anything not untill october this year. and i made over 1000$ plus as a new user. i had about 5000 impressions and more than 80 clicks. within 2months of working here full time. Of course i am very good at what i do, but december has been bad, because i got 1 star review from a client who went offline and didnt have the chance to revise his order. not my fault, but now i cant send offers and i am stuck.

I earned just over $200 in November. 2020 has been slow for me and I “blame” it to COVID and that I have been sick (recovering from congestive heart failure) so I have been “Out of Office” a few times.

That being said, today (December 15, 2020) I just completed Job #852 for me.

However, in 2019 I had several months between $775 and $1,200 in sales. For working just part-time, that is busy enough for me.

2020 has been slow for me and I “blame” it to COVID and that I have been sick (recovering from congestive heart failure) so I have been “Out of Office” a few times

I’m so sorry to read you have been so ill. Goodness how tough.

Happy to chat if you ever want support on managing chronic illness with freelancing. I have a lot of experience with that.

Hey, hope you are doing well. You have your opinion and I have mine.

First of all staying online does increase your chances to be hired due to the following reasons:

1. Buyers do prefer contacting sellers who are online. As a buyer, I myself prefer sellers that are online and ready to respond. I never contact the ones who are offline.
  2. Staying online does help you get better ranking in the search. If you are never online and not active on Fiverr, Fiverr never ranks you in the search. That’s my personal experience from last 6.5 years on Fiverr. You’ll see no activity in your Fiverr account if you are never online.

Secondly sharing gig does help you in a way or another. I’m not asking to share your gig on your personal social media accounts. Friends never help you progress professionally. You need to find the real buyer audience. Now how you can do that?

1. You need to search for different groups on facebook that are fiverr buyers related with a high amount of buyers, where usually buyers post there requests so you can comment and contact them directly offering your services.
  2. Second thing that you can do is search for some groups that relate to some specific market, for example a group of real estate advisors in California. You can post your services in that group offering “I can design your real estate website/logo or whatever” etc. that is related to that specific market. This has helped me and a lot of my friends on Fiverr.
  3. Lastly, you can create backlinks of your gig joining a few forums online. Even joining Quora and answering questions of people can help you. Answer the questions and add backlinks of your gig in between the answers. That will help you get clients from Quora as well as will bring up your gig in google search.

So, staying online and sharing gig in the right way does help you!

Hope this helps a lot of people here 🙂

Thanks a lot

Sam

I’m not really sure why you would limit yourself as a buyer to only sellers online. Most sellers use the app and get response immediately regardless of whether they are online. Also, I can’t imagine many instances where you would be in such a hurry you couldn’t wait a few hours or even a day for a response. I would think your preference would be to work with who you feel is the best seller, not the one who just will respond the fastest.

I’m not really sure why you would limit yourself as a buyer to only sellers online. Most sellers use the app and get response immediately regardless of whether they are online. Also, I can’t imagine many instances where you would be in such a hurry you couldn’t wait a few hours or even a day for a response. I would think your preference would be to work with who you feel is the best seller, not the one who just will respond the fastest.

. I would think your preference would be to work with who you feel is the best seller, not the one who just will respond the fastest.

Exactly. So well said.

And if a buyer is going to choose me solely just because I responded the fastest and they want the job done right at this moment, that tells me.they probably aren’t a competent buyer and also just want to control me. That’s not something I want as a seller.

Competent, ethical buyers know that they get what they pay for and will make a decision based on.value not speed of reply.

If the only way a seller can get an order is to be the first to respond, then there is something fundamentally flawed with their business.

2020 has been slow for me and I “blame” it to COVID and that I have been sick (recovering from congestive heart failure) so I have been “Out of Office” a few times

I’m so sorry to read you have been so ill. Goodness how tough.

Happy to chat if you ever want support on managing chronic illness with freelancing. I have a lot of experience with that.

Thanks for your kind words!

I’m doing well now but will be down again early in 2021 with a kidney tumour operation. Yes, 2020 has been an unusually different year for me…lol

• 2 weeks later...

. I would think your preference would be to work with who you feel is the best seller, not the one who just will respond the fastest.

Exactly. So well said.

And if a buyer is going to choose me solely just because I responded the fastest and they want the job done right at this moment, that tells me.they probably aren’t a competent buyer and also just want to control me. That’s not something I want as a seller.

Competent, ethical buyers know that they get what they pay for and will make a decision based on.value not speed of reply.

If the only way a seller can get an order is to be the first to respond, then there is something fundamentally flawed with their business.

@humanissocial i love fast replies. For me as a buyer. That doesn’t mean i am a bad buyer or i underpay. not at all, sometimes i am so busy that i won’t have time to reply messages, and i need fast replies, so i can get back to other things i am doing… My whole day wont’t be with a seller who replies every 2 to 3 hours. no way.

Archived