What motivates you to continue working?

serrakizilkaya

I am a highly competitive individual, so I am motivated by my competitors and the desire to do better than them.

I almost flunked out of high school, and I was looked down on and seen as stupid by fellow students, so there is probably an inferiority complex still lingering from that time, fueling me as well. Some may call it unhealthy, but this drive has served me very well. I am a completely different person than I was back then, both physically and mentally.

Also, I like money.

Think of your longest and most desperate night. Won’t the sun finally rise?

English version of a turkish poem.I don’t know how understandable it was, but this word comes to my mind every time when I’m close to leaving.

I understand your poem. poem is similar with this:

“With Every Difficulty, There is Relief.”

-Al Quran

Of course money is important.

Money isn’t everything, but it covers a heck of a lot for sure.

During lockdown I couldn’t go to the office for 3 months, and that was my main job.

I had zero work there, but what kept me busy and my head above the water was Fiverr.

While I saw some of my coworkers going OMG, what am I gonna do, I have no savings and no side jobs or an extra source of income, my mind was at ease ( at least financially) because I knew I would be OK even though I will get zero income from my office work. I am grateful that I am able to say things like this, of course.

My thing is “work while you can.”

It saved me a lot on rainy days for sure.

“work while you can.”

I see what you mean. Patience and effort are essential.

I am a highly competitive individual, so I am motivated by my competitors and the desire to do better than them.

I almost flunked out of high school, and I was looked down on and seen as stupid by fellow students, so there is probably an inferiority complex still lingering from that time, fueling me as well. Some may call it unhealthy, but this drive has served me very well. I am a completely different person than I was back then, both physically and mentally.

Also, I like money.

I believe this is something useful in this industry, unless it hurts someone else.

My work sometimes doesn’t satisfy me, and when I see what other designers have done, I get the ambition to do better.

Archived