Always remember: don't give free work to buyers

manuelmarino

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:43 PM, enunciator said:

Because sellers on Fiverr are here to SELL their services, instead of giving them away for free.

If a "buyer" doesn't respect or appreciate a seller enough to even merely place a small scale order, then that is a massive red flag that nothing good will come from interacting with them.

Yeah.. I appreciate with you.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:50 PM, manuelmarino said:

In the end I decided for a Vocal watermaking. A Voice Artist saying a specific phrase that watermarks my demos. It’s a good idea. Beeps can be annoying.

If you search YouTube for "remove audio watermarks", there are dozens of videos showing scammers how to do so.  

12 hours ago, newsmike said:

If you search YouTube for "remove audio watermarks", there are dozens of videos showing scammers how to do so.  

right, but the final quality is not 100% in any method you can use. Any manipulation of the source file destroys the quality. So it depends if you are a serious producer that needs the best quality or... (I explain in the next post)

ok the problem here is all about quality. I can cut the watermark, as example, but the result is not good to be sold. Except if you are just joking, losing time with a friend and so on. These cases anyway are not common. So 99% of the time a watermark protects you.

I made more tests with my music. I can assure it's impossible 99% to retain the original quality if you cut the watermarks and try to montage the music track. Cutting the watermarks is totally destructive and you destroy a part of the music, so the gaps are a real problem if you want a quality recording.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 11:29 AM, benedictrm said:

I made a VST that did exactly that many moons ago. It was called “something Buddy” and came with another device called Pre-Roll Recorder. It automatically inserted a beep or sample of the user’s choice every n seconds.

It wasn’t able to undo the watermark tho as once something is on audio it ain’t comin’ out (despite what people try to tell you when selling software with grand promises).

I do wish Fiverr would provide a watermark but they are really easy to do in any DAW. You just have to remember to do it.

And yes deal with the person saying you are stupid because the track goes beep every few seconds and how apparently it makes it totally impossible to listen to (said whilst rising to a shriek).

Nothing wrong with using a spoken sample at partial volume. They ain’t getting that out too easy. That method is really common in Rap circles and Pond5 do the same.

🙂

On 5/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, shemeer said:

I am a sound editor/ designer.
One of the buyer asked me to provide a sample work from the audio he sent.His audio had lot of background noises. After cleaning the dialogue , I sent 2 minutes of sample from the 10 min he sent. After listening he insisted me that full length of audio should be given for evaluation. I told him that it is not possible to give full length audio as sample.
He then sent me another file and asked to sent sample. Upon listening I understood that this audio was the continuation of the previous audio that I worked on. He was just cutting out the portion and asking me to send samples so that he could join all the samples and get done the work for free

Buyers are very intellectual than us! 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 12:56 AM, kholland65 said:

In the rare instances where I do a free sample, I just cut off the song near the end so that it's not really usable

the problem is that, the more is usable, the best listening has the customer and vice versa. Sometimes it's not so easy to find a good balance.

Archived