What Should I Do? Buyer requested a revision After the order deadline

ashad_alif

Hi guyz…
I am facing a great problem for the first time here in Fiverr.

1. I Had an order (Report/Article Writing) and i delivered that in time (48 hours) . But after the the delivery the buyer requested for a revision (I had put one revision in the Custom order) for some modification.

2. After the revision requested i happily made the modifications and delivered it again within 24 hours the revisions asked.

3. After I delivered the revised report the buyer was like disappeared for over 30 hours. In that mean time I messaged him several times if he checked the report whether everything is okay or not? And now he has come and asked for another revision! (How come he can ask another revision if I had kept the number of revision 1 in the Quote?)

4. Now Fiverr showing Your buyer requested a revision and says "revise your delivery to avoid cancellation" And also on the order page it shows Red colored " L A T E "

5. Now WHAT SHOULD I DO? The buyer seems creepy! And based on the conversation he might be a 3rd party who hired me to get the job done for his client (I am not 100% sure, but an assumption) .

6. If I deliver him again is how Fiverr will treat this? Will it be marked as Late ? Could the buyer give me a negative review??

Issues_2jpg.jpg.c131138595b12212655d7c9deeddca26.jpg
Issues.2jpg822×532 43.7 KB
Issues.jpg.1fcdd8a001ce2648537f232dde6b27dd.jpg
Issues855×628 76.8 KB

--------- PLEASE HELP ME -----------
  • Like 19

Seems like the real issue here is that you missed the deadline agreed upon with your buyer.

He didn’t ask for a new revision, he is requesting that you deliver again so that the order can be closed.

Thank you SIr for your information . I have understood. I need to be more perfect.

Since I am a starter here on Fiverr, i got frustrated seeing the Late on the screen. I will deliver him and will say him sorry.

• Like 10

Thank you SIr for your information . I have understood. I need to be more perfect.

Since I am a starter here on Fiverr, i got frustrated seeing the Late on the screen. I will deliver him and will say him sorry.

You are missing the point again.

You didn’t deliver when your buyer needed the delivery by.

They will not use your delivery, they did the report on their own.

That’s a really big miss on your end. Worrying about an automated message on your dashboard should be the least of your worries, as the one thing your buyer paid you for, never got done on time.

• Like 13

That’s a really big miss on your end. Worrying about an automated message on your dashboard should be the least of your worries, as the one thing your buyer paid you for, never got done on time.

Worrying about an automated message on your dashboard should be the least of your worries, as the one thing your buyer paid you for, never got done on time.

I have got your point sir. Thanks Again

• Like 9

But OP claims that initial delivery was made within the deadline, then buyer did request some modifications and OP redelivered within a day. What shown on the screenshot is the second revision, not the first one.

Unless the first revision was caused by seller’s mistake, I wouldn’t interpret this as a missed deadline.

• Like 12

But OP claims that initial delivery was made within the deadline, then buyer did request some modifications and OP redelivered within a day. What shown on the screenshot is the second revision, not the first one.

Unless the first revision was caused by seller’s mistake, I wouldn’t interpret this as a missed deadline.

I am not 100% clear on what happened, the exact timeline of the events.

For me the client’s response is all I focused on.

Let’s say I am interested in your service, and you tell me it will take up to 48 hours to deliver.

I check with my client (boss, whoever) and I tell them that we’ll get it in 48 hours.

You deliver in 48 hours, revisions are needed. You deliver said 24 hours past initial deadline.

I now missed my deadline.

This is a communication issue, most definitely.

I didn’t blame the seller, nor did I try to investigate whether or not the buyer is at fault.

I just wanted to divert the OP’s attention to the fact that it’s all moot now.

They were focused on the big bright " LATE" warning that they missed what the real issue is, and why upon re-delivering they may end up getting a negative review.

• Like 13

Hi guyz…

1. I Had an order (Report/Article Writing) and i delivered that in time (48 hours) . But after the the delivery the buyer requested for a revision (I had put one revision in the Custom order) for some modification.

2. After the revision requested i happily made the modifications and delivered it again within 24 hours the revisions asked.

3. After I delivered the revised report the buyer was like disappeared for over 30 hours. In that mean time I messaged him several times if he checked the report whether everything is okay or not? And now he has come and asked for another revision! (How come he can ask another revision if I had kept the number of revision 1 in the Quote?)

4. Now Fiverr showing Your buyer requested a revision and says "revise your delivery to avoid cancellation" And also on the order page it shows Red colored " L A T E "

5. Now WHAT SHOULD I DO? The buyer seems creepy! And based on the conversation he might be a 3rd party who hired me to get the job done for his client (I am not 100% sure, but an assumption) .

6. If I deliver him again is how Fiverr will treat this? Will it be marked as Late ? Could the buyer give me a negative review??

Will it be marked as Late ?

If the original delivery was on time it shouldn’t be counted as late in the stats shown on the analytics page

Could the buyer give me a negative review??

It’s possible. Though you could reply to their review if they do (if you review the experience with the buyer).

• Like 10

Your final message to the client in the screenshot above is impolite and unprofessional. Based on that response alone, I would expect a negative review irrespective of everything else that’s happened during this project.

You also should not use casual language such as ‘like more than’. That is not adult business language. You should treat your Fiverr clients with business acumen and not be casual with them. OMG is also teen-speak, not business language. You’ll need to be more respectful in how you address clients if you wish to avoid negative reviews.

• Like 14

First time I saw the “late” in red it did worry me even when I delivered the project well before the deadline, I guess it is Fiverr’s way of letting you know irrespective of revisions that the project is late from the date deadline, not that I believe it counts towards a late delivery. Revisions can obviously push the order passed that date, sometimes i have customers asking for a revision just asking questions so not always the sellers fault. 🙂

• Like 9

Your final message to the client in the screenshot above is impolite and unprofessional. Based on that response alone, I would expect a negative review irrespective of everything else that’s happened during this project.

You also should not use casual language such as ‘like more than’. That is not adult business language. You should treat your Fiverr clients with business acumen and not be casual with them. OMG is also teen-speak, not business language. You’ll need to be more respectful in how you address clients if you wish to avoid negative reviews.

You’ll need to be more respectful in how you address clients if you wish to avoid negative reviews.

Yes ma’am, I have understood this. I need to be more mannered in the conversations.

Thank you for your advise.

• Like 10

Hey, hope you are doing well. I just read the conversation and the replies you got on this thread.

1. First of all there is no need to worry if the order is in revision and status shows LATE. This order will not be considered as late if your first delivery was on time. You can take as much time needed as you want to complete this order and the order will not be considered as late by fiverr. Just inform the buyer how much time the revisions will take and you are good to go. Only first delivery should be delivered on time. Revisions have no time limit.

2. Secondly I see you panicked and was disrespectful to the client. Never do that and stay calm and respectful to the client. Send them smiles and ask them not to worry as you will complete the revisions they asked for.

3. Even if your first delivery is late due to some reason, you can simply send them a time extension request using the Resolution Center and the top right corner of the order page. Just explain the client why you need extension and they usually understand and accept the extensions.

Hope this helps you out.
Thanks a lot
Sam

• Like 16

Hey, hope you are doing well. I just read the conversation and the replies you got on this thread.

1. First of all there is no need to worry if the order is in revision and status shows LATE. This order will not be considered as late if your first delivery was on time. You can take as much time needed as you want to complete this order and the order will not be considered as late by fiverr. Just inform the buyer how much time the revisions will take and you are good to go. Only first delivery should be delivered on time. Revisions have no time limit.

2. Secondly I see you panicked and was disrespectful to the client. Never do that and stay calm and respectful to the client. Send them smiles and ask them not to worry as you will complete the revisions they asked for.

3. Even if your first delivery is late due to some reason, you can simply send them a time extension request using the Resolution Center and the top right corner of the order page. Just explain the client why you need extension and they usually understand and accept the extensions.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks a lot

Sam

1. First of all there is no need to worry if the order is in revision and status shows LATE. This order will not be considered as late if your first delivery was on time.

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. You are right that I got panicked on that issue but I understand now that I should have behaved more gently which I will always try to do in the upcoming days. Thanks again for making the things more clear to me.

• Like 9

P

Thank you so much for helping me on this.

• Like 8

• 2 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, ashad_alif said:

Hi guyz…

Issues_2jpg.jpg.c131138595b12212655d7c9deeddca26.jpg
Issues.2jpg822×532 43.7 KB
Issues855×628 76.8 KB

Issues.jpg.1fcdd8a001ce2648537f232dde6b27dd.jpg

On 12/12/2020 at 7:20 AM, emotionalsamex said:

Amazing! That is really good to hear. Hope you get more 5 star reviews in future.

Hey a simple task to do for that
go on and ask the buyer to extend delivery time and then delivery him again
that will work for you to avoid being late for delivery as well as delivering him again

• Like 8

On 12/10/2020 at 4:24 PM, ashad_alif said:

Hi guyz…

You can contact with Fiverr Support Members. I hope they will give you a great suggestion.

• Like 7