What do you do if buyers ask for your name?

nimi_art

So how do you react if you do a book-cover and someone asks for your name to have you mentioned in the book as illustrator? I want to reach seller level 2 so i would anyways keep buyers from fiverr on fiver, but i also like to spread my name as an artist who just starts to make money with it. Does giving a name already count as giving out contact information? Up until now i have never given my name, but it would be good to give it away in these scenarios.

good point…but i somehow do struggle with finding one. also all the artists that i look up to don’t really have or use one either.

I think that the best and 100% correct way is to ask CS team, just to be sure, that you and your account will be safe and you don’t break any rules. We can even share some contact info, if it’s necessary for work (like email address), but I always ask CS team if I have any doubts

As @olyasr have said, you would need to get approval from CS which, I believe, you will not get in this case.

Should you have such brand ambition, you are absolutely free to build up your own site and promote it with your own money.

Honestly, I wonder why you haven’t not done it yet seeing your profile and works.

As @olyasr have said, you would need to get approval from CS which, I believe, you will not get in this case.

Should you have such brand ambition, you are absolutely free to build up your own site and promote it with your own money.

Honestly, I wonder why you haven’t not done it yet seeing your profile and works.

I am not very skilled with this stuff. Never been a very social person who does all the networking and so on. Fiverr is great because it gave me an exposure, which i would have never had on my own.

I am not very skilled with this stuff. Never been a very social person who does all the networking and so on. Fiverr is great because it gave me an exposure, which i would have never had on my own.

Fiverr is great because it gave me an exposure, which i would have never had on my own.

Understood.

However, in long term, you would probably need to step up from the shadow in case your name is mentioned in books.

Out of your profile description:

“PLEASE REPORT STOLEN ARTWORKS ON FIVERR! Upon my first search for fellow artists, i have found numerous stolen fantasy art pieces here. It is a warzone.”

You seem to love what you do and don’t like that your works could be stolen. You know the answer.

Others have already brought ideas for pseudo, this might be the right approach for you.

Fiverr is great because it gave me an exposure, which i would have never had on my own.

Understood.

However, in long term, you would probably need to step up from the shadow in case your name is mentioned in books.

Out of your profile description:

“PLEASE REPORT STOLEN ARTWORKS ON FIVERR! Upon my first search for fellow artists, i have found numerous stolen fantasy art pieces here. It is a warzone.”

You seem to love what you do and don’t like that your works could be stolen. You know the answer.

Others have already brought ideas for pseudo, this might be the right approach for you.

Yeah you might be right there about the pseudo and i should maybe just take my username until i found something better. I really love doing this…i just need to get better and quicker fast or at worst more expensive in order to really pay my bills from this work, but that truely is a different topic.

you would need to get approval from CS which, I believe, you will not get in this case.

Why? And why?

It was normal 3,6,10 years ago to sign up with your name and surname on Fiverr so why is the sudden mystery revolving true identity?

If someone asks for my name I tell them my name, why do I need CS for this?

you are absolutely free to build up your own site

He has a website already or maybe it is new. it is just not set for buying artwork yet.

you would need to get approval from CS which, I believe, you will not get in this case.

Why? And why?

It was normal 3,6,10 years ago to sign up with your name and surname on Fiverr so why is the sudden mystery revolving true identity?

He has a website already or maybe it is new. it is just not set for buying artwork yet.

Why? And why?

You know what, you might be right in that.

Actually this would be a way out, I mean saying buyer my username is what can be mentioned in the book. However, I don’t think nimi_art is the real OP’s name. He could put it in the profile but this might not be what OP wants.

I didn’t dig deep enough to find the website. 🙂

Why? And why?

So it is not against the TOS to give your full name?

I just took a look again and this seems kind of correct if you do not use the real name for means of communication outside of fiverr. Then again it is not very “anonymous”. Here is what is stated exactly :

“To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, 5kype(5=S)/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.”

Why? And why?

You know what, you might be right in that.

Actually this would be a way out, I mean saying buyer my username is what can be mentioned in the book. However, I don’t think nimi_art is the real OP’s name. He could put it in the profile but this might not be what OP wants.

I didn’t dig deep enough to find the website. 🙂

The website was more of an experiment and a waste of money and energy. You did not miss much…marinapomorac must have been the only visitor, excluding myself and maybe some of my family xD

The website was more of an experiment and a waste of money and energy. You did not miss much…marinapomorac must have been the only visitor, excluding myself and maybe some of my family xD

I think of it more and more with following outcome = overthinking. Marina is right.

So it is not against the TOS to give your full name?

I just took a look again and this seems kind of correct if you do not use the real name for means of communication outside of fiverr. Then again it is not very “anonymous”. Here is what is stated exactly :

“To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, 5kype(5=S)/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.”

Fiverr has changed its policy due to new EU law where no one can take your personal data without your explicit permission. Maybe you noticed in last year you get constant pop-ups on every site “do you agree to bla bla bla” and then you have million things to click and confirm.

Fiverr also has a lot of ignorant people who take your name, look you up on fac or inst or link and then bother you for job or complain you did them wrong.

I had one scammer who was furious i got him banned from site coming to my teaching profile leaving negative review. Fortunately Face staff took my case and removed his review and all posts.

But, I never was prompt by Fiverr to have fake account name so my name is my name. If you Google it you will find my main website, my work, my books I published, my CV, PayPal (for accepting payments for my online education) etc. It was all created long before Fiverr existed (15 years ago).

I do regret the user name I have here but not for privacy reasons.

If you are artist and someone is using your art but bought commercial rights and still wants to credit you then providing your name is nothing against Fiverr TOS.

In Fiverr CO for invoices you have to provide full name and physical address so…

Fiverr has changed its policy due to new EU law where no one can take your personal data without your explicit permission. Maybe you noticed in last year you get constant pop-ups on every site “do you agree to bla bla bla” and then you have million things to click and confirm.

Fiverr also has a lot of ignorant people who take your name, look you up on fac or inst or link and then bother you for job or complain you did them wrong.

I had one scammer who was furious i got him banned from site coming to my teaching profile leaving negative review. Fortunately Face staff took my case and removed his review and all posts.

But, I never was prompt by Fiverr to have fake account name so my name is my name. If you Google it you will find my main website, my work, my books I published, my CV, PayPal (for accepting payments for my online education) etc. It was all created long before Fiverr existed (15 years ago).

If you are artist and someone is using your art but bought commercial rights and still wants to credit you then providing your name is nothing against Fiverr TOS.

In Fiverr CO for invoices you have to provide full name and physical address so…

this was very helpful. Thanks a lot

Thank you for taking the time and clarifying it like this. 👍 I am comparably new to this site (2020) so i did not experience what you did.

Archived