Trying to create new Gig, keeps getting removed

jonathan0880

My gig keeps getting removed, I’m offering product design services, it’s saying the images I’m uploading are

• NOT AN ORIGINAL IMAGE OR DESIGN (DESIGNERS)… but they’re all mine. I even took care the second time to upload things without logo’s or brands… how do I contact customer service, I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anything.

Ok, sorry for the late reply this happened to me once. You have to make sure you don’t use a tic of work you don’t own. This doesn’t mean go and use copyright free images. If you don’t own the work or had to paid to have it you cannot use it. Hope this helps 🙂

Turns out the problem is not me using copywright material, another account is using one of MY images. I attached a screenshot but apparently you’re not allowed to share that.

I’ve contacted customer support and they unfroze my Gig but so far that account is still using my image.

To make things worse, I was editing my Gig, re-uploaded a related image and it refroze my account and gave me a strike. I’m basically being punished for nothing because some jackass stole my IP!! WTF!

I’ve sent another message to customer support, awaiting a response, they’re slow.

Turns out the problem is not me using copywright material, another account is using one of MY images. I attached a screenshot but apparently you’re not allowed to share that.

I’ve contacted customer support and they unfroze my Gig but so far that account is still using my image.

To make things worse, I was editing my Gig, re-uploaded a related image and it refroze my account and gave me a strike. I’m basically being punished for nothing because some jackass stole my IP!! WTF!

I’ve sent another message to customer support, awaiting a response, they’re slow.

Do you have evidence that it is in fact your work?

Do you have evidence that it is in fact your work?

You’re joking right?

It was taken from an on-line portfolio from grabcad.com, I uploaded it in 2014. I actually won an award for most downloaded model so even the company grabcad can even back me up. Not too mention all the images I have, the actual prototype sitting in my shed, AND the 3D model on my server LOL…so yeah, I wouldn’t even go there. lol.

Here’s the thing, my work is very unique, I have over 100,000 downloads on GC and 1000+ followers there… I’m pretty renoun and I share renders and models for free there, they’re supposed to just be for personal use but people just steal them and claim them as their work (like in this case). If you google some of my more popular models, you’ll see them linked to all sorts of BS accounts in sketchy countries. It sucks, but being able to share my portfolio for free like that helps me get work. But it leads to situations like this, which I’m glad happened actually, so now I can have them remove it.

I actually just finished an interview for a researcher doing a paper regarding IP theft from sites like GrabCad (Free for share CAD), because IP theft on sites like that is a BIG issue. TBH, I never really cared that much because it never really affected me directly, I just felt, if some loser wants to use something and claim it’s theirs, they just hurt themselves in the end. But I guess now, I see the actual impact of it all when it actual affects me directly. Same could be said for many things in life I guess. The moral here, don’t be a douche and use other peoples work as your own.

You’re joking right?

It was taken from an on-line portfolio from grabcad.com, I uploaded it in 2014. I actually won an award for most downloaded model so even the company grabcad can even back me up. Not too mention all the images I have, the actual prototype sitting in my shed, AND the 3D model on my server LOL…so yeah, I wouldn’t even go there. lol.

Here’s the thing, my work is very unique, I have over 100,000 downloads on GC and 1000+ followers there… I’m pretty renoun and I share renders and models for free there, they’re supposed to just be for personal use but people just steal them and claim them as their work (like in this case). If you google some of my more popular models, you’ll see them linked to all sorts of BS accounts in sketchy countries. It sucks, but being able to share my portfolio for free like that helps me get work. But it leads to situations like this, which I’m glad happened actually, so now I can have them remove it.

I actually just finished an interview for a researcher doing a paper regarding IP theft from sites like GrabCad (Free for share CAD), because IP theft on sites like that is a BIG issue. TBH, I never really cared that much because it never really affected me directly, I just felt, if some loser wants to use something and claim it’s theirs, they just hurt themselves in the end. But I guess now, I see the actual impact of it all when it actual affects me directly. Same could be said for many things in life I guess. The moral here, don’t be a douche and use other peoples work as your own.

Wow, chill out a bit. It’s nothing personal against you, but there has been an issue with stolen work on fiverr. Can you provide a direct link to the model as proof so I can back you up better?

They’re using the 27th image, bike in side profile, on blue background

Just grab the link quickly because I’m going to delete it after. TBH, I don’t really trust Fiverr at this point. I have a screenshot of their account also but apparently can’t share it here as it violates forum rules.

They’re using the 27th image, bike in side profile, on blue background

Just grab the link quickly because I’m going to delete it after. TBH, I don’t really trust Fiverr at this point. I have a screenshot of their account also but apparently can’t share it here as it violates forum rules.

The screenshot you can share, the name and country you cannot.

Sometimes that is restrictive and possibly plain wrong but it makes sense overall. After all, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law does put the person in a place where they have rights.

I agree most likely not in this situation but this protects you too from some evil generous such as my bad self from declaring you by name to be a Blender user or some such vile thing.

🙂

The screenshot you can share, the name and country you cannot.

Sometimes that is restrictive and possibly plain wrong but it makes sense overall. After all, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law does put the person in a place where they have rights.

I agree most likely not in this situation but this protects you too from some evil generous such as my bad self from declaring you by name to be a Blender user or some such vile thing.

🙂

Haha Blender…

2.8+ is good stuff though.

Here is screen with their name blurred out. I don’t mind if anyone wants to enjoy and use my renders or models, that’s why I share them, just not to claim as their own work, that’s all.

Fiverr_bandits.thumb.jpg.9d710600f469103b1c976fba280dc9cd.jpg
Fiverr_bandits1707×983 286 KB

Haha Blender…

2.8+ is good stuff though.

Here is screen with their name blurred out. I don’t mind if anyone wants to enjoy and use my renders or models, that’s why I share them, just not to claim as their own work, that’s all.

Oh that puny bike thing. I did that, right after the donut. Before I graduated to more advanced things like this pyramid with a sploge on it.

Blender and I have a complex relationship. My excuse is that I am really a musician.

🙂

hqdefault.jpg.2278d362cf3807b027226d7d2b6128ae.jpg

Oh that puny bike thing. I did that, right after the donut. Before I graduated to more advanced things like this pyramid with a sploge on it.

Blender and I have a complex relationship. My excuse is that I am really a musician.

🙂

LMAO…

I’m am in awe. *beavis and butthead voice. lol.

BTW, love the synth work. Good to know. Might come in handy someday!

LMAO…

I’m am in awe. *beavis and butthead voice. lol.

BTW, love the synth work. Good to know. Might come in handy someday!

Thanks. 😃

I have done better render work since but yes you are right that people should be working more to their strengths than being a jack of all trades when the internet can make collaboration so much easier.

🙂

Alright, so after all that drama, they took the image down, sent a big message about how they didn’t know it was mine, yet they go on to mention that they’re a big fan of my work and followed me on the other site where my main portfolio is. LOL. What??? did your mouse just slip and attach the image by accident LOL.
I bet they were pressured by Fiverr mostly or they were going to get suspended.

Anyway, I’m over it. Time to FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRR it up!
I’ll mark this as resolved.

Alright, so after all that drama, they took the image down, sent a big message about how they didn’t know it was mine, yet they go on to mention that they’re a big fan of my work and followed me on the other site where my main portfolio is. LOL. What??? did your mouse just slip and attach the image by accident LOL.

I bet they were pressured by Fiverr mostly or they were going to get suspended.

Anyway, I’m over it. Time to FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRR it up!

I’ll mark this as resolved.

Great to hear it got sorted.

🙂

Archived