How long to get back to 5.0 star rating?

kashafnoorr

Hey!

I have been getting 5.0 ratings for every order that I have completed by putting in extra effort to make my customers happy.

However, today I got one 3.7 star rating that led to my overall rating to go from 5.0 to 4.9.

So, I wanted to ask that will be possible to ever get back to 5.0 and how long will it take?

Thank you!

• Like 15

For a rough calculation, based just on the current rating count (14) and current avg. rating (4.9)
and assuming the total rating value is about 68.6 (14*4.9):

With 14 additional 5 star ratings, avg rating would be 4.95 which, rounded to 1 decimal place is 5 stars (depending how it’s rounded). Or around 15 additional 5 star ratings should be enough (if they wouldn’t round 4.95 to 5).

For more accuracy you could calculate the full total rating value (totalling the exact rating given by each buyer) and find the average with different numbers of additional 5 star ratings.

• Like 17

For a rough calculation, based just on the current rating count (14) and current avg. rating (4.9)

With 14 additional 5 star ratings, avg rating would be 4.95 which, rounded to 1 decimal place is 5 stars (depending how it’s rounded). Or around 15 additional 5 star ratings should be enough (if they wouldn’t round 4.95 to 5).

For more accuracy you could calculate the full total rating value (totalling the exact rating given by each buyer) and find the average with different numbers of additional 5 star ratings.

Woaahh you have some great maths skills TBH 😆

• Like 8

Woaahh you have some great maths skills TBH 😆

That was a rough calculation based on those 2 figures (maybe I didn’t do it manually 🙂) . I think the actual additional number of 5 star reviews could be 12 or 13 (12 additional gives 4.95 and 13 additional gives 4.95185 so should round to 5) based on the actual ratings (actual rating total is 68.7 rather than 68.6). But the rough calc didn’t need clicking “more” a few times to find the actual ratings and it was quite close.

• Like 12

Hey!

I have been getting 5.0 ratings for every order that I have completed by putting in extra effort to make my customers happy.

However, today I got one 3.7 star rating that led to my overall rating to go from 5.0 to 4.9.

So, I wanted to ask that will be possible to ever get back to 5.0 and how long will it take?

Thank you!

As others have already said, it is possible.

I have created function to find it out for myself. And then I realized it was just a waste of time because the only thing that matters is to focus and deliver the next order as best as I can to deserve 5. It works.🙂

• Like 12

I have created function to find it out for myself. And then I realized it was just a waste of time because the only thing that matters is to focus and deliver the next order as best as I can to deserve 5. It works.🙂

I have created function to find it out for myself

With your function do you need to press “more” enough times to see all the exact figures (or if it was based on the gigs I suppose it could be based on the the totals for each numbers of stars, but they’re shown rounded to whole numbers, whereas they could be eg. 3.7)? Or was it more a rough/approx calc like my first one above?

And then I realized it was just a waste of time because the only thing that matters is to focus and deliver the next order as best as I can to deserve 5

Yes but knowing how many more could still give the seller more info/let them know roughly when it could get back to 5 (or when it could get back to 4.5 if that’s needed for sending offers to buyer requests).

Maybe Fiverr could add an option to see how many more would be needed (the minimum if each new one was 5 stars) or maybe it could be done as a browser extension if that’s possible.

• Like 9

I have created function to find it out for myself

With your function do you need to press “more” enough times to see all the exact figures (or if it was based on the gigs I suppose it could be based on the the totals for each numbers of stars, but they’re shown rounded to whole numbers, whereas they could be eg. 3.7)? Or was it more a rough/approx calc like my first one above?

And then I realized it was just a waste of time because the only thing that matters is to focus and deliver the next order as best as I can to deserve 5

Yes but knowing how many more could still give the seller more info/let them know roughly when it could get back to 5 (or when it could get back to 4.5 if that’s needed for sending offers to buyer requests).

Maybe Fiverr could add an option to see how many more would be needed (the minimum if each new one was 5 stars) or maybe it could be done as a browser extension if that’s possible.

With your function do you need to press “more” to see all the exact figures

I consider all three metrics (means communication, service as described and recommendation) separately in calc if this is what you mean.

roughly when

I partially agree. It could let seller know how many orders are needed but those orders may come in a week or in a year or never. That´s why I think it does not make too much difference between knowing it or not.

• Like 10

With your function do you need to press “more” to see all the exact figures

I consider all three metrics (means communication, service as described and recommendation) separately in calc if this is what you mean.

roughly when

I partially agree. It could let seller know how many orders are needed but those orders may come in a week or in a year or never. That´s why I think it does not make too much difference between knowing it or not.

If you take the overall figure for those (eg. average them) I think that might give a more accurate rough figure.

But what I meant was, if a seller asked the same question again and they had a lot of gigs with ratings and thousands of reviews, the only way I can see to give a totally accurate figure for the minimum additional 5 star reviews would be to press “more” a lot of times on the profile to be able to see all the actual ratings (which could take ages with many ratings). So I was wondering if you were basing it off something easier to calculate (but overall total based off those 3 overall avg figures might give a close enough result if it’s any better than just taking the seller average rating (1 figure - and the number of current rates), though I think it won’t be always be totally accurate).

• Like 10

If you take the overall figure for those (eg. average them) I think that might give a more accurate rough figure.

But what I meant was, if a seller asked the same question again and they had a lot of gigs with ratings and thousands of reviews, the only way I can see to give a totally accurate figure for the minimum additional 5 star reviews would be to press “more” a lot of times on the profile to be able to see all the actual ratings (which could take ages with many ratings). So I was wondering if you were basing it off something easier to calculate (but overall total based off those 3 overall avg figures might give a close enough result if it’s any better than just taking the seller average rating (1 figure - and the number of current rates), though I think it won’t be always be totally accurate).

So I was wondering if you were basing it off something easier to calculat

No, nothing easier worked for me. 🙂

I use as much available data as possible to get mathematically correct result.

I wish OP they reach desired stars again.

• Like 10

Wow, this actually helped a lot honestly. I could never with my low maths skills haha. But thank you for this, this clearly explains how long will I take for me to get the rating back.

• Like 8

Thanks 🙂

That was a rough calculation based on those 2 figures (maybe I didn’t do it manually 🙂) . I think the actual additional number of 5 star reviews could be 12 or 13 (12 additional gives 4.95 and 13 additional gives 4.95185 so should round to 5) based on the actual ratings (actual rating total is 68.7 rather than 68.6). But the rough calc didn’t need clicking “more” a few times to find the actual ratings and it was quite close.

Thank you for this! 12 to 13 more 5.0 stars and I can be back on the overall 5.0 star

• Like 8

I know! Now, I am just focusing on my upcoming orders. Thankfully, the low rating didn’t affect my number of new orders.

Thank you for this tip!

• Like 8

• 8 months later...

Hi, I will be very grateful if anyone please do a bit math for me.

If I am currently 4.9 on my gig.

With total 109 reviews: 5 star (103) -  4 star (4) - 3 star (1) - 1 star (1).

How many 5 star are needed to obtain 5 star rating. 

Thanks and looking forward kind replies:)

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I think Fiverr calculates the rating based on 60 days. If our orders with a rating of less than 5 stars are before 60 days, their rating will not affect our that new orders which we have completed in the last 60 days. This means that orders who completed within 60 days if that should have rating of 5.0. Then your ratting will be 5.0. But the lowest rated order should be completed before 60 days. Even it is only one day. 

What you think about this? Let me know please. 

Thank you

Farrukh Azeem

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, kashafnoorr said:

Hey!

Thank you!

Till 4.7 rating it can increase 1 point with one order say one order to go from 4.5 to 4.6 and one another order from 4.6 to 4.7. But after that you need 4-5 orders each to go from 4.7 to 4.8 then from 4.8 to 4.9 and further. This is my personal experience.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 12:48 PM, amit_25 said:

Till 4.7 rating it can increase 1 point with one order say one order to go from 4.5 to 4.6 and one another order from 4.6 to 4.7. But after that you need 4-5 orders each to go from 4.7 to 4.8 then from 4.8 to 4.9 and further. This is my personal experience.

I totally agree with this logic, but I think fiverr should ease the process to one 5 star rating per point, even beyond 4.7 stars.

Scammers are becoming rampant and your competitors can easily sabotage your fiverr career with a 1 star rating... This certainly isn't fair and it makes fiverr seem more like a gamble than an actual source of livelihood. You would never know when you'd be hit!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

• 3 months later...