You will stop using fiverr after this as a seller

donhopkin

I was half-expecting to get “iT nEvER hApPenS!” next, mostly by people who rarely (if ever) use the forum. But you brought your own receipts. 🙂 It’s great to see a story like yours. I think the max compensation I’ve seen being issued before is for an order of around $500.

I really appreciate your input, Lena! And I agree totally. It’s natural to think Fiverr isn’t on our side but I believe the reality is that they usually are, as far as they can be.

And I would say to you, donhopkins, stick with Fiverr. Since this event occurred last year, every job since has run perfectly, my prices have risen, and I am now hitting the $10k a month mark. If I had walked away, my career and finances would not be so healthy. The view I had was to allow one nasty hit–and if in the end I’d lost $3600, so be it, but what I would not have was for that client to use my work so I was ensuring that couldn’t happen if he never paid. (His book never got to be published).

I believe I will get more hassles such as this but if I lose one job and one client a year to such shenanigans, the overall scenario still remains more than worth it and I will ensure the client cannot use the delivered work.

And CS did a sterling job–but there were times I thought no one at all was listening. They were. They were just in the same tight corner as I was, and having to be very careful.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really appreciate your input, Lena! And I agree totally. It’s natural to think Fiverr isn’t on our side but I believe the reality is that they usually are, as far as they can be.

And I would say to you, donhopkins, stick with Fiverr. Since this event occurred last year, every job since has run perfectly, my prices have risen, and I am now hitting the $10k a month mark. If I had walked away, my career and finances would not be so healthy. The view I had was to allow one nasty hit–and if in the end I’d lost $3600, so be it, but what I would not have was for that client to use my work so I was ensuring that couldn’t happen if he never paid. (His book never got to be published).

I believe I will get more hassles such as this but if I lose one job and one client a year to such shenanigans, the overall scenario still remains more than worth it and I will ensure the client cannot use the delivered work.

And CS did a sterling job–but there were times I thought no one at all was listening. They were. They were just in the same tight corner as I was, and having to be very careful.

@mariashtelle1

I was demoted today by fiverr after the order cancellation. 🙂

I was about to get promoted to TRS this 15th december. THIS IS THE REALITY OF FIVERR AND THEIR BUYERS!

@erickbrondial

One day or Day One.

This has to be changed.

If we stop selling as a sellers fiverr will definitely face a loss.

@all

THEY HAVE BLOCKED ME FROM THEIR FORUM.

I AM NOT ABLE TO OPEN MY OWN POST ON THE FORUM.

YOU ALL CAN READ MY POST, CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I HAVE USED ANY OFFENSIVE WORD?

@anniejenkinson

I really adore your positivity and humbleness. You’re a great great human being. Tell me how can I be in peace?

A similar thing happened with me earlier when we had a word? I was scammed by a buyer where I didnt care much as I was hitting $12k a month but the impressions and my gig ranking went down. (down as in from 6K a day to hardly 5-10 impressions a day) REALLY???

You gotta pay back monetarily as well as your rankings your image your structure and everything???

TBH I don’t care about the order value, I know their are all type of people in this world. I had experienced them in the past and I will be experiencing them in the future too.

All I want from fiverr is to give my rankings back and My level back, Remove the strike from my account, thats it. They can have my $500 I am fine with it. 🙂

I know my worth and the time I have spent on fiverr. Its been 10 years of me on fiverr. I started Fiverring when I was in 10th standard. 🙂

Hi my fellow seller community of fiverr hope you all are good.

I am here to open all your eyes, which will definitely force you to give a second thought for your fiverr platform as a seller.

I was a happy level 2 seller on fiverr who use to develop shopify store, I received an order from a pathetic human named *************.

He asked me to develop a shopify store worth $500, I did, he asked me 13 revisions (changes he asked, were not asked by him on order starting) I did and delivered him the order, Out of the blues, He gave me 4.3 ratings, No issues.

He asked the CUSTOMER SUPPORT to cancel the order screenshot attached

jainish 3

And OUR LOVELY FIVERR CUSTOMER SUPPORT CANCELLED THE ORDER WITHOUT EVEN RECTIFYING THE PROBLEM.

The same customer support doesn’t even care to reply the SELLERS.

Screenshot of the ratings he gave

Screenshot of the store I delivered.

The store which I build for him is LIVE and he is using the same store.

THIS IS THE SAME STORE I HAVE BUILT FOR HIM AND DELIVERED, HE IS USING THE STORE AND CHANRGED A REFUND.

Yes, The next victim can be you. This is the harsh reality of fiverr, Fiverr charges 20% from us(sellers) and doesn’t even care for us. Anyone can order and charge a refund anytime, There is no guarantee for sellers fiverr and their beloved buyer can anytime SCAM YOU.

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, NO MATTER HOW MUCH DEDICATED YOU’RE ON YOUR GIG, FIVERR AND THEIR TEAM AND THE BUYERS CAN SCAM YOU ANYTIME.

HAPPY SELLING & FREELANCING.

YOUR FELLOW SELLER - DON HOPKIN

(MY ADVICE IS SWITCH TO ************)

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, NO MATTER HOW MUCH DEDICATED YOU’RE ON YOUR GIG, FIVERR AND THEIR TEAM AND THE BUYERS CAN SCAM YOU ANYTIME.

Fiverr doesn’t scam you. If you do things ok, they will protect and represent you properly. But as soon as you bend the rules or the buyer just dislikes your work, they will side with the other party.

It clearly says in the message you sent to customer support that it can take up to 10 days to receive a reply, so… yes.

Neither I care to read their RULES.

Yet you care about them offering you support. Seriously? How can they help you if you bend or break the rules without even knowing???

@antomtjvc

Oh yes, I should definitely work on my communication. The buyer will get the refund within 24 hours (would have received by now) If purchased using paypal.

7-10 days If purchased via credit card (very unlikely)

And what am I supposed to do? wait upto 10 days to READ nothing can be done now! 🙂

I am very surprised that we have 0 unity as sellers!!! 🙂

THIS CAN BE YOU TOMORROW!!!

@antomtjvc

Oh yes, I should definitely work on my communication. The buyer will get the refund within 24 hours (would have received by now) If purchased using paypal.

7-10 days If purchased via credit card (very unlikely)

And what am I supposed to do? wait upto 10 days to READ nothing can be done now! 🙂

I am very surprised that we have 0 unity as sellers!!! 🙂

Maybe it was ME yesterday or a month ago. You don’t know.

Every seller deals with this kind of issue. However, in your case you didn’t read the rules, and I believe there’s something missing as a part of this story, a part that customer support knows and that’s why they canceled.

I’ve been here for 7 years almost and never had an order canceled by customer support without any reason. 99% of the time it’s just a chargeback, but maybe the buyer didn’t like the order or you broke the rules and the buyer reported you. In this case, it’s better to just deal with the loss instead of losing your account.

My 2 cents…

You should really work on your communication.

Why do you expect an answer within 24 hours when it has been clearly communicated that answers can take up to 10 days?

@donnovan86

Hah your 2 cents? The buyer accepted the order Gave me 4.3 star rating and the store that I built is LIVE. He is using the store!!!

“the buyer didnt like”

I understand your fair frustration with the whole situation, but you had a strong case and now you blew it. What good did it do?
No point discussing what you should have done now, but to any scammed seller from the future reading this thread: do not take any actions while you’re angry.
Just give it a day or two, if you can’t find it in you to bite your tongue and speak to other parties in a calm manner (I know I probably wouldn’t be able to do it too when it’s still fresh). Take the time to refresh your memory of the ToS and gather evidence.
Be extremely polite to both the buyer and customer support. Be reasonable. Be patient.
I’m not saying don’t confront them, just do it in a professional manner and keep your cool.
If you look through threads about these situations, you’ll see that this is basically the formula that works and sellers following it often get their funds back.

Your frustration is absolutely justified, but acting on it won’t give you your time or money back, it’ll just get you banned and the aftermath will be even worse.

@mariashtelle1

I was about to get promoted to TRS this 15th december. THIS IS THE REALITY OF FIVERR AND THEIR BUYERS!

I was about to get promoted to TRS this 15th

First of all, fiverr doesn’t demote you manually especially after the cancellation if you didn’t break any rules.

So you obviously broke rules when delivering that order.

Secondly, you wouldn’t have been promoted automatically to TRS. You would’ve been only eligible to be considered for TRS

I understand your fair frustration with the whole situation, but you had a strong case and now you blew it. What good did it do?

No point discussing what you should have done now, but to any scammed seller from the future reading this thread: do not take any actions while you’re angry.

Just give it a day or two, if you can’t find it in you to bite your tongue and speak to other parties in a calm manner (I know I probably wouldn’t be able to do it too when it’s still fresh). Take the time to refresh your memory of the ToS and gather evidence.

Be extremely polite to both the buyer and customer support. Be reasonable. Be patient.

I’m not saying don’t confront them, just do it in a professional manner and keep your cool.

If you look through threads about these situations, you’ll see that this is basically the formula that works and sellers following it often get their funds back.

Your frustration is absolutely justified, but acting on it won’t give you your time or money back, it’ll just get you banned and the aftermath will be even worse.

@alyonagrapie

I don’t want my money from such scammers, He may keep the money and enjoy his poor life with that sum of money. I have taken no steps out of frustration. I just expect a PROFESSIONAL reply from Fiverr CS.

They should be more professional while issuing a refund on their panel.

Buyer or Seller anyone can be on fault, I just expect them to be more professional and legit.

Issuing a refund via a bot is just as biased as anything.

@alyonagrapie

You know what?I was scammed in a similar way earlier.

Last time I took it very professionally and i simply let it go. Which hurted me badly and my impressions went down from 6k a day to 5-10 impressions a day. Do you know monetarily what loss I am facing?

I was getting monthly orders worth $12k (ORGANICALLY)

now $2k (RECURRING)

If such people keep on making fake accounts and scamming sellers then? What shall be done?

@stefanyoshovski

Post flagged by FIVERR because I stated their cons!!!

@stefanyoshovski

Post flagged by FIVERR because I stated their cons!!!

Post flagged by FIVERR because I stated their cons

No, that post wasn’t flagged by fiverr and it was flagged because you were again breaking forum rules.

As I said before: there is only one reason for fiverr to demote you manually after the cancellation and it’s you breaking fiverr rules.

It does not save you from fake buyers. That was my whole point.

Don’t under charge and don’t agree to do things that are out of scope.

If this way not saved you from.fake buyer then what is the best solution for it . ? What you will do if someone order you $500 then after deliver , rating then order cancel by fiverr support . Then what you will do . Do you say TATa n come again this type buyers ? Give solution if you have any other way to save seller from fake buyers ?

I had a chargeback for $2000, the customer left a 5 star review, great feedback and even a tip. It does not matter, at the end of the day chargebacks are part of the internet eco system and yes some people abuse this system. Unfortunately both sellers and Fiverr lose out… for the time and effort to fight this (remember there could easily be 100,000+ chargebacks that happen at Fiverr each year, maybe more) Fiverr will just cut their losses which is only 20% but still it is unfortunate because it effects the sellers pocket.

One positive thing for people abusing the chargeback system is that Karma eventually catches up with people who abuse the system and credit card companies do take action against these people.

I had a chargeback for $2000, the customer left a 5 star review, great feedback and even a tip. It does not matter, at the end of the day chargebacks are part of the internet eco system and yes some people abuse this system. Unfortunately both sellers and Fiverr lose out… for the time and effort to fight this (remember there could easily be 100,000+ chargebacks that happen at Fiverr each year, maybe more) Fiverr will just cut their losses which is only 20% but still it is unfortunate because it effects the sellers pocket.

One positive thing for people abusing the chargeback system is that Karma eventually catches up with people who abuse the system and credit card companies do take action against these people.

@andrewcarpen756 Yes sir I definitely understand the chargeback eco system. I don’t want my money back. I have full faith on Karma that karma will make him pay 10X more (mentally)

I just expect fiverr to remove the strike which I have received. (THE BUYER HAS CLAIMED I HAVE DELIVERED HIM HALF ORDER)

The site is live, He is using the store and has given a 4.3 review too.

But anyway coming to the conclusion, I expect Fiverr to remove the strike from my account and restore my rankins, thats it. 🙂

@andrewcarpen756 Yes sir I definitely understand the chargeback eco system. I don’t want my money back. I have full faith on Karma that karma will make him pay 10X more (mentally)

I just expect fiverr to remove the strike which I have received. (THE BUYER HAS CLAIMED I HAVE DELIVERED HIM HALF ORDER)

The site is live, He is using the store and has given a 4.3 review too.

But anyway coming to the conclusion, I expect Fiverr to remove the strike from my account and restore my rankins, thats it. 🙂

Are you referring to a terms of violation warning on your account?

@alyonagrapie

You know what?I was scammed in a similar way earlier.

Last time I took it very professionally and i simply let it go. Which hurted me badly and my impressions went down from 6k a day to 5-10 impressions a day. Do you know monetarily what loss I am facing?

I was getting monthly orders worth $12k (ORGANICALLY)

now $2k (RECURRING)

If such people keep on making fake accounts and scamming sellers then? What shall be done?

Which hurted me badly and my impressions went down from 6k a day to 5-10 impressions a day.

Honestly it might not be the cancellation at all. Gig rotation pushes other people in front so others can get work too. I’ve been removed from search for a month now, so this happens to a lot of people. Plus, you already have work in queue, so it’s easy to see why the algorithm pushes you in the back.

Hi my fellow seller community of fiverr hope you all are good.

I am here to open all your eyes, which will definitely force you to give a second thought for your fiverr platform as a seller.

I was a happy level 2 seller on fiverr who use to develop shopify store, I received an order from a pathetic human named *************.

He asked me to develop a shopify store worth $500, I did, he asked me 13 revisions (changes he asked, were not asked by him on order starting) I did and delivered him the order, Out of the blues, He gave me 4.3 ratings, No issues.

He asked the CUSTOMER SUPPORT to cancel the order screenshot attached

jainish 3

And OUR LOVELY FIVERR CUSTOMER SUPPORT CANCELLED THE ORDER WITHOUT EVEN RECTIFYING THE PROBLEM.

The same customer support doesn’t even care to reply the SELLERS.

Screenshot of the ratings he gave

Screenshot of the store I delivered.

The store which I build for him is LIVE and he is using the same store.

THIS IS THE SAME STORE I HAVE BUILT FOR HIM AND DELIVERED, HE IS USING THE STORE AND CHANRGED A REFUND.

Yes, The next victim can be you. This is the harsh reality of fiverr, Fiverr charges 20% from us(sellers) and doesn’t even care for us. Anyone can order and charge a refund anytime, There is no guarantee for sellers fiverr and their beloved buyer can anytime SCAM YOU.

HAPPY SELLING & FREELANCING.

YOUR FELLOW SELLER - DON HOPKIN

(MY ADVICE IS SWITCH TO ************)

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Archived