Which category is perfect for a freelancer at fiverr?

mukhlesur646

I want to be a freelancer at any cost. please suggest me

I want to be a freelancer at any cost

That’s the wrong attitude.

It’s hard for skilled people to actually get a job here, and that’s because a lot of new users come in just to make money without any skill. To be honest, this is the wrong mindset and it won’t help you in any way. Train yourself, learn new skills and then create a gig. You can’t make money without great skills, and even if you get 1-2 orders accidentally, those will most likely destroy your reputation here since people expect nothing but the best.

• Like 9

Forget about the category and just offer services that you are qualified enough to offer. If you don’t have any particular skills, then go learn some skills and comeback later.

I do illustrations because that’s what I’m good at, because I have the skills to do it, not because it’s “the right category”. I sing like a crow with bronchitis, so I won’t offer singing gigs.

I see way to many Sellers offer gigs that they are not qualify for, thinking they’ll make easy money. All they get is bad reviews and they end up giving a bad reputation to good sellers.

• Like 2

Well, this is a hard question to answer, because you yourself should know which category is perfect for you and I think you’re the only person who can best answer that! Analyze yourself, think about your skills, things you like doing, your passions, ecc…

Thank you for giving me suggestion.

• Like 1

Forget about the category and just offer services that you are qualified enough to offer. If you don’t have any particular skills, then go learn some skills and comeback later.

I do illustrations because that’s what I’m good at, because I have the skills to do it, not because it’s “the right category”. I sing like a crow with bronchitis, so I won’t offer singing gigs.

I see way to many Sellers offer gigs that they are not qualify for, thinking they’ll make easy money. All they get is bad reviews and they end up giving a bad reputation to good sellers.

Thank you for giving me suggestion. I am satisfied your suggest.

• Like 2

I want to be a freelancer at any cost

That’s the wrong attitude.

It’s hard for skilled people to actually get a job here, and that’s because a lot of new users come in just to make money without any skill. To be honest, this is the wrong mindset and it won’t help you in any way. Train yourself, learn new skills and then create a gig. You can’t make money without great skills, and even if you get 1-2 orders accidentally, those will most likely destroy your reputation here since people expect nothing but the best.

This is the right suggest for newbie like us

You should only become a freelancer if you have the skills and the mentality to do so.

You asking this question suggests that you have neither.

This, but in bold, several font sizes larger, and in bright pink neon, and I guess it would still fall on deaf ears.

I want to be a freelancer at any cost. please suggest me

You’re the second person I’ve seen here today whom I think would be more suited to pr0stitution than freelancing, you don’t need any skills, can make cash pretty quick and it’s all in your pocket without any delays, or taxes.

this is the wrong mindset and it won’t help you

Also needs to be in big, bold bright pink neon lettering.

offer services that you are qualified enough to offer

That’s not enough, some of the most incompetent people have amazing qualifications.

It’s competence, not qualifications which count.

this is a hard question to answer

I disagree, it was answered perfectly in the first reply.

@mukhlesur646 You need skills to pay the bills. What are yours?

I understand your disagreement, but there are so many people in history who failed many many times and ended up being successful. Everyone has talent, everyone has skills. Not everyone has the mentality, that’s true, but I believe that no one is born ready, no one is born as a freelancer. Everyone can become successful if he/she is willing to work on it, develop his/her personality, character and skills, learn from mistakes and experiences. Many people want to become freelancers and maybe even start to pursue this career. The reason why only a small percentage of them actually becomes a freelancer, is because the majority stops at the first difficulties.

• Like 2

Everyone has talent, everyone has skills

Have you seen some of the gigs here and some of the forum posts?

Not everyone has talent. Not everyone has skills. That much is clear. The opportunity is equal, the outcome isn’t.

Everyone can become successful if he/she is willing to work on it

That’s mindset. But they needs skills and talent first. You can be as determined as any, and still not have the skills to pay the bills.

The reason why only a small percentage of them actually becomes a freelancer, is because the majority stops at the first difficulties.

That’s a lack of the right mindset. Or maybe they realise they don’t have any skills and don’t have any talent, pretty much this is what is going to happen with over 80% of new sellers here, they’ll fail before they even start as they do not have the mindset, skills or talent, they just want to make a sale and get $2,000 a month QUICK.

The only way they’re going to make that much dollar so quick is by selling their body or robbing a bank.

Not everyone has talent. Not everyone has skills.

I don’t know what you mean with “talent and skills” then, because I do believe everyone has them, they just need to develop them. We have different beliefs, and I’m not going to discuss about it furthermore.

I totally understand your point, but what I’m stating is that sometimes talent and skills are not enough. There are MANY talented people who are too lazy to improve their skills and remain where they are. Then, there are those people who start from 0 but get to learn new skills and work very hard. People should start with the right mindset and that’s why my first reply was like that. It’s not possible to suggest a category, he should know before entering this “world”, he should analyze himself, what he can do, what he cannot do.

pretty much this is what is going to happen with over 80% of new sellers here, they’ll fail before they even start as they do not have the mindset, skills or talent, they just want to make a sale and get $2,000 a month QUICK.

I agree with this, in fact I always talk about working hard and having the right mindset. There’s never an easy way to earn money.

To me, talent + consistency + determination + the right mindset should all go together and are all equally important to start a career.

• Like 1

we are suggesting

I’m not, I’m singing from the same sheet as yourself here!

Talent first, then business.

How can anything think it’s going to work the other way round?

I have no skills, why my gig no meksell?

Argh.

@voiceoverandy yes, I was talking in general considering the entire topic. Sure, we are on the same line, Andy. 👍

There should be a filter so skilled people only can enter the market. Or maybe a sub level zero so beginners can learn the ropes.