Lockdown just became a bit more tolerable!?

frank_d

8591119F-1BE2-46E1-9869-E21F2EC2D59F.thumb.jpeg.2ca698593d97139e1e082e475c05925e.jpeg
image3024×4032 2.67 MB

I told myself I’d wait till Xmas, but our lockdown isn’t going away anytime soon.
(Plus if 2020 has taught me anything, it’s “Don’t make plans”)

I’m juggling three huge projects at the moment so I won’t be diving in right away.

Anyone else jumped on the PS5 bandwagon?

Any suggestions on launch titles?

Congrats on getting one of these! I’m a PC guy myself but it seems like the PS5 is really popular with how fast they’ve sold out everywhere. Hope you can get some playtime in after work hours! As for games i’ve heard good things about the new Assassin’s Creed

I’ve always been a console guy, I only play multiplayer FPS on my PC. (Which is a shame cause my GPUs can handle anything you throw at them).

To be honest I bought it solely for playing Miles Morales as I thoroughly enjoyed 2018’s spiderman on PS4.

Let’s see what all the hype is about. 🙂

Congratulations, @frank_d. It is good to see something like this on the Forum instead of the same old same old.

My sons and grandchildren would be jealous of you. As for me, my 9-year-old granddaughter is teaching me to play a game on Roblox. She created an account for me as well as a character. But I am afraid I am not very good at moving my character around the game. :woman_facepalming:t2:

There was a 2-3 days shipment delay from Sony’s side for all (or most) units sent to Ukraine and for the sanity’s sake of an entire nation, I hope they arrive tomorrow the latest.

Congrats! 🙂

Oh boy, I’m super impatient myself, if I hadn’t gotten it today, I’d be extremely frustrated.

@vickiespencer it takes a while to get used to it. Hang in there. Sharing the experience with loved ones is well worth it.

Don’t feel bad, I have been playing games from the late 80’s and I still feel like most of these new games are designed for a completely different generation.

Quick status update:

My 6-year old is hogging it!

985233B4-2F81-4DF7-8334-950DB3A8369A.thumb.jpeg.eb6973997f70f5acafef52e7d3c9aa6b.jpeg
image4032×3024 3.33 MB

Oh boy, I’m super impatient myself, if I hadn’t gotten it today, I’d be extremely frustrated.

@vickiespencer it takes a while to get used to it. Hang in there. Sharing the experience with loved ones is well worth it.

Don’t feel bad, I have been playing games from the late 80’s and I still feel like most of these new games are designed for a completely different generation.

Quick status update:

Sharing the experience with loved ones is well worth it.

Yes, this is why I even bothered to learn. I have two granddaughters ages 9 and 18 that play Roblox and a 6-year-old grandson. When I play I get to hang with them and we can chat while we run around the game and earn points.

My grandson plays X-Box games with his dad, uncles and cousins. It helps keep us/them connected especially when they have the head gear to listen and talk to each other.

Quick status update:

I have been playing games from the late 80’s and I still feel like most of these new games are designed for a completely different generation

i have ms pacman and dig dug on my xbox one x

and that’s really cool. i’m going to stick with my boner for now because i have time on my hooves to wait for games to load ^^

I have been playing games from the late 80’s and I still feel like most of these new games are designed for a completely different generation

i have ms pacman and dig dug on my xbox one x

and that’s really cool. i’m going to stick with my boner for now because i have time on my hooves to wait for games to load ^^

Dig Dug!!! I loved that game. I think it was for Atari, not sure though.

Heard the first generation ps5 is a bit glitchy at launch for some games. I’ll wait until after christmas to buy mine.

It’s been uneventful so far.

I turned off “rest mode” just in case, as that seems to be the feature causing 99% of reported issues.

Waiting till after Xmas is a good strategy but keep in mind that the second wave destined to hit stores right before Xmas, is already pretty much sold out.

I ended up playing a good 6-7 hours last night.

Miles Morales is an amazing game.

Looking forward to seeing even more games coming out when developers have figured out how to take full advantage of the hardware.

• 1 month later...

I’ve always been a console guy, I only play multiplayer FPS on my PC. (Which is a shame cause my GPUs can handle anything you throw at them).

To be honest I bought it solely for playing Miles Morales as I thoroughly enjoyed 2018’s spiderman on PS4.

Let’s see what all the hype is about. 🙂

did you give COD Warzone a try?

did you give COD Warzone a try?

I only play FPS games on my PC, as the controls are better on a keyboard/mouse, plus I need to flex my Titan X’s muscles every now and again. 😉

@alphagev Cyberpunk is not my cup of tea, but even if it were, it seems to be extremely buggy even on PS5.

I just got the platinum trophy on Miles Morales so now it’s time to work on finishing some AAA ps4 games on my PS5 to enjoy a higher frame rate and/or resolution, before new native PS5 games get released!

I only play FPS games on my PC, as the controls are better on a keyboard/mouse, plus I need to flex my Titan X’s muscles every now and again. 😉

@alphagev Cyberpunk is not my cup of tea, but even if it were, it seems to be extremely buggy even on PS5.

I just got the platinum trophy on Miles Morales so now it’s time to work on finishing some AAA ps4 games on my PS5 to enjoy a higher frame rate and/or resolution, before new native PS5 games get released!

I am heyboard/mouse kind of guy too, you can add an additional GPU for gaming, that’s what I am planning to do. This way you can even game and render at the same time.

I am heyboard/mouse kind of guy too, you can add an additional GPU for gaming, that’s what I am planning to do. This way you can even game and render at the same time.

I added a second Titan X, mainly for Octane, but also so I can split tasks as needed. 🙂

Titan X is a monster, I am planning to get another 1080 Ti, what do you think?

Well now that the 3000 cards are out, it would make more sense to find a cheap 2080, even second hand.

If that’s not in line with your budget then if you can get a 1080ti for dirt cheap, go for it.

If it’s not super cheap though, buying two generations back is not such a good move.

Well now that the 3000 cards are out, it would make more sense to find a cheap 2080, even second hand.

If that’s not in line with your budget then if you can get a 1080ti for dirt cheap, go for it.

If it’s not super cheap though, buying two generations back is not such a good move.

From I know I can’t add a 20 or 30 card with my 1080Ti

Archived