? HOW to SEEK NEW CLIENTS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA

deisgnheros

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.

NB: Promoting and Spamming is not the same. I hope the experts also know this.

I’m no expert, but as you guys are claiming, I will love to see a lot of value coming from you in this forum.

Expecting no arguments, just shared my viewpoint on this.

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.

There is no bullying going on here. If you put something out for the public to see, you should be ready for it to be criticized. You don’t get a pat on the back just for participating if your contribution isn’t valuable.

And you mention that you want the “rude users” giving their own tips and bring more value to the forum? Alright… Maybe if you actually read the forum instead of only the newest clickbait shiny post, you would see that those same users (who you call rude and bullies) have years of valuable contributions.

Also, you are a freelancer. Do your own research. You are not owed someone spoon-feeding you information.

• Like 10

NB: Promoting and Spamming is not the same. I hope the experts also know this.

I’m no expert, but as you guys are claiming, I will love to see a lot of value coming from you in this forum.

Expecting no arguments, just shared my viewpoint on this.

The problem here is that there are no “valuable tips” to share. I’ve been saying this over and over again. There’s no secret sauce.

Want to be successful? Offer something that has demand, and be more attractive than the competition. That’s all there is. Nothing else. Does that help? Not really - if you ain’t good, you won’t become good just because you “learn” you have to be good to be successful.

The problem here is that we have a ton of talentless hacks trying to make a quick buck. It won’t work.

Can you communicate well in English? If not, don’t come here and expect success until you do. If it takes you 2 years to learn English, you can start two years from now.

Can you do whatever it is you’re selling professionally? If you can’t, become a professional first (and that can take years), and only then come here and start selling.

If you just want to sell some slightly modified canva templates, you’re not going anywhere and no tips will ever help you.

If you are a graphic designer that displays hideous images in your profile (no clue about colors, fonts, composition, etc), you won’t get anywhere. Good taste isn’t something you can learn easily, either you have it or you don’t. Most don’t.

If you are a writer / translator / editor and you have typos and weird phrasing in your gigs / bio / FAQ’s, nobody is going to hire you.

If you have no business acumen (“getting” what works or not), we can’t help. A lot of this should be intuition, common sense. If you don’t have it, we can’t help.

Being here as a successful seller sometimes is a bit like being a doctor walking down the street and being approached by beggars asking you what’s your secret to be a doctor, because they all want to make doctor money. Guess what? Go to med school. You’re not qualified to be a doctor. And it’s not something I can teach you, because you don’t have the requirements to even understand it. And then that beggar is approached by 10 other beggars giving tips on how to be a doctor. And then all the beggars get on a circle repeating “thanks for the valuable information” to each other. And of course not one of them will become a doctor, so I really have no idea what they are all thanking themselves for.

It’s insane.

• Like 15

Yesterday I was on twitter deck and I made a “mistake” by searching #Fiverr tag.

I noticed same guy keep coming in over and over.

But his account is no longer active and all the links are dead, and yet “he” keeps posting every hour 3-10 times.

I guess this is some kind of automatization set by some program and he just let it run infinitively.

His tweets are just same text over and over for months. 200000 tweets? Is that social media marketing?

This type of person always spamming! I can assure of that they will never success in Fiverr!

• Like 1

I don’t get why this kind of stuff doesn’t get considered as spam. All the useful comments gets lost in this sea of “thank you” and “you’re welcome”. It’s just so this Thread keeps staying on the top of the “latest” section that the OP keeps responding, otherwise clicking on the little “heart” would suffice. It’s really annoying.

• Like 7

I don’t get why this kind of stuff doesn’t get considered as spam. All the useful comments gets lost in this sea of “thank you” and “you’re welcome”. It’s just so this Thread keeps staying on the top of the “latest” section that the OP keeps responding, otherwise clicking on the little “heart” would suffice. It’s really annoying.

“you’re welcome”.

If he wants to respond to every single message, he should at least know how to spell it right. Look at the quoted message from @zreine , OP. That is how you spell it. If you haven’t muted us then someone might just learn something from this thread after all.

• Like 6