How can I get back to my old client?

malaysaha1993

It depends on many factors.

1. Do they require additional services.
  2. Did they have a great experience with you.
  3. Are you offering unique opportunities to them.

There is no harm sending a client a message and asking if there is any additional work you can help them with, but do not spam customers or demand work 🙂

There is no harm sending a client a message and asking if there is any additional work you can help them with, but do not spam customers or demand work 🙂

If your last contact with them is older than one day, it might not be a good idea.
Counter argument: You could be reported for spam.

Phishing and Spam
Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

There is no harm sending a client a message and asking if there is any additional work

😱 Oh, my! DO NOT DO THAT!

Because :point_down:t2:

You could be reported for spam.

I buy on Fiverr, and if one of my sellers contacted me after the order was complete to ask about getting more work, I would report and block them! 🤨

If your last contact with them is older than one day, it might not be a good idea.

Counter argument: You could be reported for spam.

Phishing and Spam

Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

Thank you very much for your suggestion 👍

Sorry but i do disagree with your approach and maybe other sellers can provide their thoughts on this matter. I mentioned, “It depends on many factors.” If you report a seller for sending you a follow up message after a sale on your order (if that message is not breaking any rules) you are abusing the report system. As the TOS mentions, you should not be sending “malicious content” or offers/messages/content that is not related to Gigs or orders.

There are ways to talk with customers respectfully and sending a message after a job has been completed is completely safe and fair if you follow the TOS. As I highlighted, context is everything.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sorry but i do disagree with your approach and maybe other sellers can provide their thoughts on this matter. I mentioned, “It depends on many factors.” If you report a seller for sending you a follow up message after a sale on your order (if that message is not breaking any rules) you are abusing the report system. As the TOS mentions, you should not be sending “malicious content” or offers/messages/content that is not related to Gigs or orders.

There are ways to talk with customers respectfully and sending a message after a job has been completed is completely safe and fair if you follow the TOS. As I highlighted, context is everything.

Thanks,

Andrew

Agreed. A follow up can work in specific cases. However, as a general rule, and given the quality of the average poster in this forum, the easy rule is “don’t do it”. People who know how to do it won’t come here to ask.

Archived