My gigs is ranking but order isn't coming

sadadredwan

On 8/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, sadadredwan said:

How to Rank My GIG in First page

First of all, imagine if every person who just newly made a gig did this. Will this lead to them being on the first page? 

Second of all, Fiverr search isn't the same as Google search. Sure consistent use of keywords helps to some degree ( Read here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011094958-SEO-tricks-for-gig-titles?segment=seller

Think about it, how many gigs are allowed to fit on the first page?.......

The people who will follow this guide are likely the same people who will post "I follow aLL tip$ to rank my gig first page, why I have no sElls?!"

Which brings me to the point I want to raise, the issue is not being about being the gig on the first page through keywords. It's the quality of your service, your ability to communicate and the feedback you receive from your buyers. I think those are the kind of gigs that deserve to be on the first page. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sadadredwan said:

According to the latest Fiverr algorithm updates, the Gigs got most rankings whose owners spent much of their time on Fiverr. Y

Can you please state your source where you took that that information? Where did fiverr make a statement that they updated the algorithm and that staying online affects it? 

Yes, in my experience traffic will usually return between 30 and 60 days after your last order, possibly faster if you get an order that has a positive review (once when I was deranked a former customer came back to me for some repeat business, almost within 24 hours of him leaving a positive review I started getting traffic and orders again!). 

NO ONE. No one can tell you gig ranking strategies because fiverr doesn’t share how their algorithm works. 
If someone here will give you 10 tips to rank your gig including “share your gig on social media, key words and stay online” then those people are lying to you. And most likely those “advisers” will have zero reviews themselves. 

THE ONLY point that fiverr shared is that your performance matters. 

Started on Fiverr, which I didn't have any real skills for the primary time. The factor is to look around at what's selling and believe what you'll ready to do. People aren't born ready to do all things. They learned and improved their skills, which is how they will roll in the hay now.

You have to be creative to try to something with a replacement look. The vendor always wants new and unique things. You've got to form yourself expert step by step. It's too easy to become a seller, but too different to urge a buyer and earn a profit.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, sadadredwan said:

Started on Fiverr, which I didn't have any real skills for the primary time. The factor is to look around at what's selling and believe what you'll ready to do. People aren't born ready to do all things. They learned and improved their skills, which is how they will roll in the hay now.

You have to be creative to try to something with a replacement look. The vendor always wants new and unique things. You've got to form yourself expert step by step. It's too easy to become a seller, but too different to urge a buyer and earn a profit.

fp.jpg 

Buyers coming here to get professional work done. So if you are opening a gig you should have at least some skill. Because you are dealing with someone else serious business. I saw that lots of new sellers are offering service which they are unable to achieve after get the order.

What a flawed logic. 

What if doctors applied your theory? You pay for a treatment - let's suppose for removing a cavity - and you found yourself without a kidney.

Ah, skills! Who needs them, right?  Who needs to study before offering a service? 

The audacity. 

10 hours ago, sadadredwan said:

Started on Fiverr, which I didn't have any real skills for the primary time.

Yikes. That's a good way to set yourself up for failure, right from the start. Fiverr is for skilled freelancers to offer their skills to those who need them. If you have "no real skills", then you're at the wrong website. This is a professional services directory, not a community college freshman meet-and-greet. 😉 

11 hours ago, sadadredwan said:

People aren't born ready to do all things.

No, but they are already ready to do things when they come to Fiverr.

which is how they will roll in the hay now.

Um. I don't think you understand what "roll in the hay" actually means. Please take a moment and look it up. We'll wait.

You have to be creative to try to something with a replacement look.

Unfortunately, this does not make any sense. 

The vendor always wants new and unique things.

Again, I think you aren't understanding what you are saying. As a freelance services provider, YOU are the vendor, not the other way around. 

You've got to form yourself expert step by step.

Again, nope. You should already be a skilled expert when you join Fiverr. Buyers want to hire skilled, experienced experts. They ignor everyone else.

It's too easy to become a seller, but too different to urge a buyer and earn a profit.

Correction: It is easy to SET UP AN ACCOUNT. Merely setting up an account and posting random gigs, does not make a new user a seller. Sellers sell. Orders create sellers. I have a feeling, if we were to -- hypothetically -- assess every seller on this site, the vast majority of them would not be earning anything anywhere near a profit. There's a BIG difference between giving away hours of your time for $5, and earning an income that outweighs the value you put into your service.

Started on Fiverr, which I didn't have any real skills for the primary time

Your profile says you have 6 years of experience in your field - and that you've joined 4 years ago...

ANYWAY, that aside? 

Not being the 'best' at something when you start out on the site is fine. We all learn - my writing has changed a lot since I've started. But... would I ever dare to say 'ah yeah, actually the first time I wrote was on Fiverr?' Even if it was true (it's not, I have a background in writing....stuff...) it'd look pretty...ya know. Unprofessional. 

Clearly, you're good at what you do (I mean, your reviews say so at least) but... I just really disagree with your message here. Seriously. You need skill (or at least a LOT of talent) to make it anywhere.

Can you open a shop with no products or just piles of garbage? Ridiculous, right? That is what you're asking.

One of the biggest problems around here is the huge number of sellers with no or poor skills. This isn't a training camp, it's a professional services platform.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, sadadredwan said:

Started on Fiverr, which I didn't have any real skills for the primary time. The factor is to look around at what's selling and believe what you'll ready to do.

Believing you're ready to fly an airplane even though you've never had any training isn't going to turn you into a pilot. And charging people money for a flight while you try to figure out how not to crash is unethical, to say the least. 

4 hours ago, ni_sakib said:

Well explained, new comers should read this Quote. 

New sellers following this piece of "advice" will likely be banned in a couple of months or give up after their first bad review - and believe me, the 1 star review will come quickly. 

Sarcasm on

So, I can see your logic here: follow this tips, you'll be banned and there will be less competition. 

Sarcasm off

I half agree with OP. 

Entrepreneurship is about finding what customers are willing to pay you to do which you are willing and able to do. Sometimes you can learn to do those things in response to finding out what that need is.

When I started at Fiverr, I knew the site was already flooded with what I knew how to do - graphic design for things like logos and banner ads and website design. I'm not even that great at those things. I'm really very mediocre at what I know how to do. So I knew I couldn't possibly stand out in that area. And that was seven years ago, the site is even more flooded now.

But.

There weren't very many people making Book Trailers. Maybe five pages worth. I had only started to learn how to do any video editing something like six months ago, but I'd made one book trailer, and my friends thought it was pretty good, maybe even as good as some of the pro book trailers. At the time, to start on Fiverr you had to have one thing in your gig that could be done for five bucks. A five dollar book trailer is... pretty underpriced. But I brainstormed and came up with a way to do one really fast, really cheap, if I could get the customer to send exactly the right information and drop it into a template.

And that was how I started. Eventually my skills in other areas related to the same field become good enough that I could make gigs for them without looking like an idiot. The biggest one, and the one I make the most money off of now, was book formatting. It's a more boring skill than photoshop, and I had no idea how to do it at all, but since I was already doing graphic design for authors, they just assumed I knew how to do it. And it was an underserved area. So I learned, really fast, and a lot of it I learned by trial and error. At first I charged the price of someone who is learning to do something. Now I charge closer to a pro price.

Once a customer asked me if I could format a children's picture book. I had absolutely no idea how to do that. I learned on the job. And now it's how I make the most money and also my favorite thing to do. Eventually I may do it exclusively. 

That being said, it's not like I dropped into the Fiverr marketplace with no skills at all. I'd already been working as a freelancer of sorts for five years. I'd been working with design software since I was a little itty bitty kid. And my communication and interpersonal skills, including English language and emotional intelligence, were top notch, and those have enabled me to learn from my customers without making them feel embarrassed or angry or impatient. I don't think you could start on Fiverr not knowing how to do anything at all including speaking English well. But if you're really clever, yeah, there's a lot of stuff you can learn as you go. 

From my experience, I think social media marketing is everything. I was not active on Fiverr, but I did Facebook ads. So I spent 5$ and earned 44$ from Fiverr. Nowadays, I am active for at least 16-18 hours, but there is no order.

35 minutes ago, yeatiq said:

From my experience, I think social media marketing is everything. I was not active on Fiverr, but I did Facebook ads. So I spent 5$ and earned 44$ from Fiverr. Nowadays, I am active for at least 16-18 hours, but there is no order.

Yes, you are the right.

I also thought that I will Facebook ads marketing for my gig.

Archived