For those with Featured Gigs, how did you get featured? [ARCHIVED]

hotwebideas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion Fiverr’s selection process for featured and TRS is purposely ambiguous to keep sellers from achieving the status through manipulation, for example, buying their own gigs, paying others to do so and so on.

Fiverr, I am sure wants organic, natural, and not inflated perquisites just to achieve a certain status then have the seller relax their standards, which may or may not have met the requirements. I suspect the one that least expects it will achieve it faster than those that try to figure out how to accelerate the process.

Do what you do best and be pleasantly surprised when it happens.

• 1 year later...

Hello @hoplite123 and welcome to Fiverr~ This is an old thread that’s probably being reposted up front because it contains information people frequently ask about.

If you go look at the Fiverr home page, or the first page under one of the categories, you should notice that the first gigs listed have a banner across the thumbnail that says “featured”. Many of those featured sellers are also “Top Rated Sellers”, those who have achieved the highest selling level. (If you haven’t done so already, visit the “Levels” link on most pages of the site). This thread discussed how to become a featured seller, because when that happens, it drives a nice influx of customers to your gig. And the answer is: there is no one way. Fiverr editors choose those gigs to be featured. To qualify, you must have a solid reputation, probably nothing less than 100% or maybe 99%, a certain number of sales, and offer something unique, or interesting, or particularly well-done. But there is no magic formula.

New gigs always rotate through under a heading called “New & Noteworthy”, so your gigs have at least been on the front page for a time, but if you posted your gigs at a time when there is a big influx of new gigs, unfortunately yours will get suppressed by the newer ones eventually.

As a new seller, without an established reputation, you’ll need to work to promote your gigs, too. Fiverr is a heavily promoted site, but it is large and everyone has much competition. Do your own promoting and visit the Fiverr FAQ forum as well as the other forums with posts written to help newcomers get started. Depending on your gigs, some members are here for months before making sales; others offer such unique gigs they come out of the gate with lots of sales. Most of us are somewhere in between.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, it’s my understanding that the “featured” process is a manual curation provided by certain editors. And now, there’s no formal process or guidelines to be considered as “featured.” I have asked this question of CS some time ago.

I’ve been a TRS for over a year, and I’ve never been featured as is the case with most Top Rated Sellers I’m sure. With that said, there are some sellers here that most always seem to be featured. Since I’ve never been featured, I can’t tell you how much of an impact it had. But I can tell you that it gets harder each day to get traffic to your gigs.

• 3 weeks later...

Fiverr will feature anything they consider original, anything they want to brag about. My teespring gig got featured for that reason, everyone else was designing t-shirts, I was writing the headlines that go on the t-shirt.

My other gigs haven’t been featured because they’re not original like that. A million people can be writing brand names, headlines, etc.

So my advice to you is not to worry about getting featured, just make sure you’re doing something original. For example, there was a time that doing retro logos could get you attention, and maybe that gig would have gotten featured. I’m afraid that time is long gone. Nowadays it’s very hard to be original, but it can happen.

With that said, being too original might mean nobody wants to buy what you’re selling because nobody’s looking for it.

In conclusion: Do what everybody’s looking for but nobody’s doing.

This is my guess about what it takes:

• Gig Set Up: Optimized with video, solid description, great short title, samples and extras.
  • Results: Great feedback, little to no cancellations, consistency of quality, fast delivery and short response time.
  • Analytics: Good conversion rate, increased page views, high number of gigs saved (people saving your Gig).

As for the analytics I believe that’s critical. Fiverr encourages you to share your gig, sharing leads to increased page views, however, the difference between effective and ineffective sharing (promotion) lies in the high conversion rate paired with increased views.

If one can get those great results in the analytics, it will pick up the attention of any algorithm Fiverr is using, then, if there is a manual selection, the Results and Gig Set Up Will do the rest for you. Et Voila! Featured Gig!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

This is brilliant info, thanks. I feel as though the flow of traffic changes from time to time. All we need to do is ride the way and produce great work and that should allow us all to grow.

I am new here and the first week or two I had a lot of traffic and sold a few gigs, now it seems like the flow has slowed a little. That’ll just give me more time to organise my gigs and services.

• 2 months later...

HI
There are a lot of thing i have learnt from you people.you all are really great.
I am new in fiverr.I have little knowledge about fiverr.
I have the skills.
but because of being new arrival i am not getting any offer.i dont know how can i get order for my gigs.Featured gig is far more away.there is no shortcut way to promote my gigs?
I need some suggesions for new arrival people on fiverr…

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...

I think I got featured because I of the ways I delivered my orders, fast with great feedback’s, the gig itself isn’t really all that original because a lot of other sellers offer the same service but my heading was great and picture attractive, I think it really comes down to good customer service.

• 1 month later...

Archived