Not Sure Whether To Cancel an Order for a New Website

rachelleroy

Hello. I hired someone on Fiverr who had tons of five star reviews to do a website for me. I didn’t want to do WordPress, but they talked me into it. They’ve been working on it, and there have been some language barrier communications issues. I checked the link to one of the pages this morning, and it lead me to an adult entertainment site. I would check my site one time, and then another and sometimes it would go to my site and then to a random other site. Long story short, I reached out to my host who said my WordPress was infected with Malware and that I would have to pay money to get the malware off my site. Since my web developer is the only person who has had access to the site, they had to have put the malware on there, even if unknowingly. I told them what happened, and their response was, what do you want on your next page. I’ve dealt with all kinds of issues with them, and I’m trying to be patient, I’m ready to end this order, because now I’m going to have to spend more money to fix this problem, or scrap my website and start over for a third time, since I scrapped my last one to do the WordPress. Any advice on how to approach this situation and end this order?

Explain to him first to solve this problem. If that doesn’t work out, cancel the order and report back to him. I am a Seller. But I am still asking to report to another seller because Honesty and Client Satisfaction are important to me.

Hello. I hired someone on Fiverr who had tons of five star reviews to do a website for me. I didn’t want to do WordPress, but they talked me into it. They’ve been working on it, and there have been some language barrier communications issues. I checked the link to one of the pages this morning, and it lead me to an adult entertainment site. I would check my site one time, and then another and sometimes it would go to my site and then to a random other site. Long story short, I reached out to my host who said my WordPress was infected with Malware and that I would have to pay money to get the malware off my site. Since my web developer is the only person who has had access to the site, they had to have put the malware on there, even if unknowingly. I told them what happened, and their response was, what do you want on your next page. I’ve dealt with all kinds of issues with them, and I’m trying to be patient, I’m ready to end this order, because now I’m going to have to spend more money to fix this problem, or scrap my website and start over for a third time, since I scrapped my last one to do the WordPress. Any advice on how to approach this situation and end this order?

Any advice on how to approach this situation and end this order?

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360048873834-How-do-I-cancel-my-order-and-get-my-funds-back

They’ve completed most of the work, but this order has been such as hassle, extended, putting the hacking problem back on me, but they’ve completed most of the site. I just want to end the job. I don’t have a problem paying them for the project. I just want to be free from this order so I can move on.

They’ve completed most of the work, but this order has been such as hassle, extended, putting the hacking problem back on me, but they’ve completed most of the site. I just want to end the job. I don’t have a problem paying them for the project. I just want to be free from this order so I can move on.

Sorry to hear about this, customer services will 100% help you out with this issue. If there is anything i can do to help. Please let me know. Thanks, Andrew

Create a support ticket here!!

Link !!

I reached out to my host who said my WordPress was infected with Malware and that I would have to pay money to get the malware off my site.

No need to pay anything. You are not responsible for the malware.

my web developer is the only person who has had access to the site

Immediately change the login information such as password etc until things are resolved. Don’t let your developer access the website for the time-being.

Any advice on how to approach this situation and end this order?

Given!! (keep us posted)

No need to pay anything. You are not responsible for the malware.

Not true at all. She’ll have to pay to her host or someone else to get rid of the malware.

And technically she’s responsible for giving access to a person who have infected their install.

It’s not the seller asking for payment to remove it, it’s her host.

If the order stands cancelled, she won’t be able to use the work done by the developer/seller to till date whether 1% or 99% or 100%. If the funds are returned to the buyer, she can’t use the work or let someone else to continue from what’s already delivered. It won’t happen unless the developer doesn’t file a DMCA claim which will make the host to remove everything (whatever objectionable/copyrighted material) mentioned in the claim. She will have to prove the ownership of the material in someway or the other which is not possible for the buyer after receiving the funds.

technically she’s responsible for giving access to a person who have infected their install.

The cancellation request was twice declined by the seller. In simple terms: She doesn’t want the seller to continue the work. Fiverr assistance is needed.

Cancel the order through Customer Support and report the seller.

This redirects are fairly common when they use nulled (cracked) themes and plugins.

Those redirects fortunately are the ones that are easy to spot, but there are several others which are just there and you’d wouldn’t know as easily, but still could make your website, and therefore visitors, vulnerable.

More often than nothing when I’m brought into a project because the previous (cheaper) seller didn’t delivery it, that’s what I find…either because the seller prices are too cheap, or the seller themselves are too cheap to fork ~50-60 to buy the actual theme/plugin.

You’ll have to scrape everything that was done so far and start from scratch so there’s no reason to pay for any of it, moreover the seller did jeopardize your brand and visitors by installing a nulled third party theme/plugin that you don’t have the license for.

The information above should be enough to scare the seller into canceling the order. They know what they did, once they figure you too know I think they’d be smart enough to cut their losses. I’d still report them though, even if they agree to the cancelation.

Good luck

Thanks so much. How do I report them? How do I get someone to fix the redirects and garbage code?

Archived