Does Fiverr care about their customers or the money?

ap0622

You have to protect both, or to put it better, it has to be fair to both. It can’t be buyer centric or seller centric - both buyers and sellers can abuse the platform, and both buyers and sellers are fiverr’s customers, in a way. There are a ton of buyers getting away with chargebacks, getting work done for nothing, etc. And there are tons of scummy sellers as well. But saying buyers are more important, or they are the only ones who allow the platform to function and make money is disingenuous at best.

You can’t just piss off all the buyers - the platform wouldn’t sell.

You can’t just piss off all the sellers - the platform wouldn’t sell.

As to that guy, if he infringed TOS (which asking for payment outside the platform is), he will eventually be banned when you report him with proof. CS is taking a long time now, unfortunately. Just wait for it.

And to finalize, if anything, Fiverr is already buyer centric. If a buyer breaks terms of service, nothing major happens to them - the most it can happen is they get banned, but that’s no biggie, buyer accounts are worthless, they can just create a new one in 5 minutes. If a seller breaks terms of service, they get banned and lose all their gigs, reviews, levels, etc. And that can take years to recover, even if they are able to make a new account.

Well, this Piece of Shit, was talking mainly talking about this situation and when upon research there are plenty more like it. The fact that I’m asking a question and you cast judgment…If you think Sellers are the only way they make money, you are mistaken. Buyers aren’t even their only income on Fiverr. Im not speaking as some newbie, Ive been on here since the beginning.

Hello Ap062,

I do understand your frustration and I can see the tickets all I have to say just have to wait bcz Fiverr Cs is not active like they before I think because of the recent updates and stuff and covid,Just be little more patient and wait I opened up a case 14 days ago and yesterday they replied and gave a positive comment on my case and they would do the same for you.

Thank you, ill cry this out later.

Well, this Piece of Shit, was talking mainly talking about this situation and when upon research there are plenty more like it. The fact that I’m asking a question and you cast judgment…If you think Sellers are the only way they make money, you are mistaken. Buyers aren’t even their only income on Fiverr. Im not speaking as some newbie, Ive been on here since the beginning.

I was replying to your comment of “The sellers don’t make Fiverr money, the buyers do.” alone. I didn’t comment on any other aspect of your original post.

This is both false and insulting. What kind of reply were you expecting? Fiverr is a freelance platform. They connect people who provide services to people who want them, and they get a cut. No people offering services = no money. No people buying services = no money. So the most you can say is they are equivalent in importance. Which is not what you said.

I was replying to your comment of “The sellers don’t make Fiverr money, the buyers do.” alone. I didn’t comment on any other aspect of your original post.

This is both false and insulting. What kind of reply were you expecting? Fiverr is a freelance platform. They connect people who provide services to people who want them, and they get a cut. No people offering services = no money. No people buying services = no money. So the most you can say is they are equivalent in importance. Which is not what you said.

A professional one. Not personal. Not rude, but informative.

Youre being a smartass. This is my future and others. I take this seriously

No, I’m not being a smartass. I disagreed with what you said. Yeah, I was aggressive in my first response, but that’s because what you said was patently insulting. Now you’re just firing all over the place, with stuff that doesn’t even make sense. Pointless.

I just want this guy off the platform so he doesm’t scam or abuse anyone else.

Yes, of course, you do, and we all here want scammers to be gone from the platform we use, that’s why we’re trying to help.

I’ve no doubt that your seller will be banned if they threatened you, asked for payment off-platform, etc., eventually, it’s just that experienced users try to share what they think or even know from experience works best to speed things up to help each other and the platform.

Anyway, have a nice day, or evening, I’m out.

Yes, of course, you do, and we all here want scammers to be gone from the platform we use, that’s why we’re trying to help.

I’ve no doubt that your seller will be banned if they threatened you, asked for payment off-platform, etc., eventually, it’s just that experienced users try to share what they think or even know from experience works best to speed things up to help each other and the platform.

Anyway, have a nice day, or evening, I’m out.

Okay, Thank very much you.

This is a place of business. A seller is holding, money I need hostage for my business that affect me and those around. How is this random? I want to help others as it stated so we can get shit done through press, miracle, or twirl of a wand. You are looking at one thing. That is pointless. Instead of saying “hey that comes off offensive” I would apologize and elaborate but you are grilling on this one thing.

I already replied to that above. If the seller is asking for outside payment, or holding money hostage, he will be eventually banned once CS gets around to it. CS is taking way too long atm, for everyone. I have no idea what else you want.

And of course I’m focusing on the part where you basically say that sellers are worthless for the platform, since “buyers bring in the money”. That’s not honest. And it reveals a certain attitude. Is Fiverr perfect in the way it handles disputes? Hell NO. But it is imperfect for both buyers and sellers. There are hundreds of sellers right now having problems with scummy buyers that have to wait weeks for responses from CS.

One is not more important than the other. That’s the point.

I already replied to that above. If the seller is asking for outside payment, or holding money hostage, he will be eventually banned once CS gets around to it. CS is taking way too long atm, for everyone. I have no idea what else you want.

And of course I’m focusing on the part where you basically say that sellers are worthless for the platform, since “buyers bring in the money”. That’s not honest. And it reveals a certain attitude. Is Fiverr perfect in the way it handles disputes? Hell NO. But it is imperfect for both buyers and sellers. There are hundreds of sellers right now having problems with scummy buyers that have to wait weeks for responses from CS.

One is not more important than the other. That’s the point.

I’m not asking you for a thing but to go make those billions for yourself.

@ap0622 I can fully understand you. I hope you will get a feedback from the CS as soon as possible. I’m not laying such minor things in your words because I’m sure you realized that it’s not about buyers or seller, but about scammers. I wish you all the best and hope your problem will be solved soon. Be patience. 🙂

@ap0622 I can fully understand you. I hope you will get a feedback from the CS as soon as possible. I’m not laying such minor things in your words because I’m sure you realized that it’s not about buyers or seller, but about scammers. I wish you all the best and hope your problem will be solved soon. Be patience. 🙂

Same problem in different categories.

The seller wanted direct payments- To Cancel Order

SELLER IS THREATENING MY SITE- That’s the day he threatened to take down my site and I freaked out

HELLO- Follow-up Because support (Nick) closed :point_up:t5: the one above and I saw them looking into my cancel request but no response.

Why am I unable to send a follow-up? Follow up to HELLO because support (Nick) solved without an explanation.

Seller threaten to take my site down if I don’t pay directly To report the fraud

Illegal Activities To report the fraud

Why am I unable to send a follow-up? Follow up to HELLO because support (Nick) solved without an explanation.

I know you think it’s logical to open new tickets for each problem but not on fiverr.

I’m sure that it definitely slowed down the process massively.

Duplicated tickets are Getting just closed and it seems that what Nick did.

There is a “follow up” button right in the ticket which will just reopen the ticket and will not create a new topic as in your case.

There is indeed no option to close down remaining tickets before CS will reply on them. What’s done that’s done, now you will just need to wait for support to answer on your ticket.

Showing “activity” on your gig doesn’t mean that they will reply to you right away, in your situation they might’ve passed information to trust and safety team for investigation and it also takes time before they can respond to you.

Just be patient and don’t open new tickets anymore because it will slow down the process even more.

Let me know if you got refunded, cause I haven’t either. This seller insulted me, calling me uneducated & stuff. I was very respectful to him.

Going on Day 9. I will let you know. DO NOT let the order go to complete. Reject the order every 2 days.

Archived