Scammed by a buyer after they accepted delivery

studiolumitex

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well!

I had a bad experience with a customer recently. As a seller I have managed to keep 100% satisfaction with the service that I provide. I also have high selling gigs, buyers are happy with results.

This buyer, named ‘*******’ purchased a custom offer worth $100. Gave the design brief along with what they are looking for and when I sent them the completed file they even said that they liked the pattern very much and it went with their brand value etc. Even went gushing that its the ‘Perfect’ pattern for their coat.

For more they even asked me for suggestions in their factory and I gave them valuable suggestions which they will now use!

The order was completed and the requested files were sent to them along with Pantone colour chips.
The customer was thrilled and happy.

Suddenly after 7 days the buyer comes complaining saying that this is not what they asked for and how the pattern looks similar to other patterns they have. Even started pointing out that you have used brushes (Brushes are design assets and I have paid for them and they can be used by anyone once bought)
I use Procreate to illustrate? Whats wrong in using a brush? To be more specific it was a crayon texture brush.

It’s clear that they suddenly made up their mind. How can someone change so drastically? They found someone doing it cheaper so they requested for a refund??? How unfair is that!

They sent me links from a free vector website and said I can buy 3000+ prints in the price you gave. and started pointing out and saying that this is not what they wanted. When they completely agreed on the price and the offer, even was overwhelmed eith the delivery!

I have made the print entirely on my own and do not deserve such insults. As a seller on fiverr I am also responsible for the commission towards fiverr and have contributed quite a bit to feel insulted like this. This violates the right of the seller as the pattern is purchased with commercial license and now customer is asking for a refund over baseless points!
It is very likely that they have used my print and will now request a refund as they are done with it.

Im attaching proof of conversation during the order and suddenly insulting me after 7 days of the completed order.

How is this acceptable? Don’t sellers have right to self respect?

This is very concerning as a professional I wouldn’t want to risk selling print with licenses with this continues! It’s very disturbing too. This is really not done, I’m very disappointed and demotivated.

It’s very disturbing for someone who has always been kind and extremely professional with the buyers on this platform.

Has anyone faced this? What can I do to protect my rights as a seller? Is this platform only going to favour buyers? Any hope for a solution? Or do I just stop communicating with sellers who have no ratings or previous orders on the platform?

Thankyou,
studiolumitex

EADF6557-5073-472B-A131-79477961EDA1.thumb.jpeg.03082e1267927d5fe4f9d0c23a1ce481.jpeg
image1125×2000 364 KB

Based on your story…, yes…, it seems that your buyer found cheaper way to produce the design.
Is your buyer open a dispute and demand a refund?

For Buyer like this…, Explain to your buyer again that Both Parties have an agreement in the first place, and you already do the project like requested and BUYER SATISFIED.
and explain why your design cost more.
If Buyer complain about the Brush Part, it is ust your buyer excuse.
We as designer can use the action brush for our design project.
Nothing wrong with this as long as we bought the license.

I think you should contact Fiverr CS about this matter.
Explain to Fiverr CS very cleary what happens.
Hopefully you can get a good ending from this.

Wish you luck 🙂

Based on your story…, yes…, it seems that your buyer found cheaper way to produce the design.

Is your buyer open a dispute and demand a refund?

For Buyer like this…, Explain to your buyer again that Both Parties have an agreement in the first place, and you already do the project like requested and BUYER SATISFIED.

and explain why your design cost more.

If Buyer complain about the Brush Part, it is ust your buyer excuse.

We as designer can use the action brush for our design project.

Nothing wrong with this as long as we bought the license.

I think you should contact Fiverr CS about this matter.

Explain to Fiverr CS very cleary what happens.

Hopefully you can get a good ending from this.

Wish you luck 🙂

Hi Ridwansugi,

Thanks for taking out time to reply to my post!

Yes, I the buyer went to CS and got a refund. Since the order was accepted and couldn’t open a dispute.(After 7 days of accepting the order) Yes, it is so very disappointing and demotivating that we put in so much hard work deliver a finished product along with all files as requested just to suddenly wake up to a cancellation!

It was not even an action, just a brush so basic. Definitely an excuse from the buyer as they had nothing else to point out after 7 days of a sudden realisation that they need a refund.

I had contacted CS that day itself, but seems like I only got an automated reply and nothing else yet.

I think as a seller my basic rights have been violated as the buyer who now has got a refund has the sourcefiles and everything in that price with them and can use it whenever they want to without actually paying the price.

I hope CS/Fiverr realise that it is us sellers also who do make up for an important part on this website.

Really disappointing. Might just decide to be a little irregular here if this continues.

Best,

studiolumitex

Hi Ridwansugi,

Yes, I the buyer went to CS and got a refund. Since the order was accepted and couldn’t open a dispute.(After 7 days of accepting the order) Yes, it is so very disappointing and demotivating that we put in so much hard work deliver a finished product along with all files as requested just to suddenly wake up to a cancellation!

It was not even an action, just a brush so basic. Definitely an excuse from the buyer as they had nothing else to point out after 7 days of a sudden realisation that they need a refund.

I had contacted CS that day itself, but seems like I only got an automated reply and nothing else yet.

I think as a seller my basic rights have been violated as the buyer who now has got a refund has the sourcefiles and everything in that price with them and can use it whenever they want to without actually paying the price.

I hope CS/Fiverr realise that it is us sellers also who do make up for an important part on this website.

Really disappointing. Might just decide to be a little irregular here if this continues.

Best,

studiolumitex

Definitely an excuse from the buyer as they had nothing else to point out after 7 days of a sudden realisation that they need a refund.

Yes…, totally agrree…

Sorry to hear this…,

You got a very bad buyer this time…

This is sad…, but not all case is ended with Buyer favor.

In some case…, seller could get their right back against scam buyer like this.

Some of them share their story here at this forum.

But it took time

Still…, nothing can be done other than contact CS

Wish you luck,

Hi Ridwansugi,

Best,

studiolumitex

Yes, I the buyer went to CS and got a refund.

I’m completely unsatisfied with this! How can buyers get a refund by making up irrelevant excuses? I’m putting myself on the line here as this could literally happen to anyone, it’s totally discouraging.

I’m sorry this happened to you. Were you notified by CS at all?

Yes, I the buyer went to CS and got a refund.

I’m completely unsatisfied with this! How can buyers get a refund by making up irrelevant excuses? I’m putting myself on the line here as this could literally happen to anyone, it’s totally discouraging.

I’m sorry this happened to you. Were you notified by CS at all?

Hi pythagoras8pi,

Don’t know. Its very disappointing, how can someone change so drastically after 7 days is what makes me have trust issues here now. 😦

I hope this doesn’t happen with anyone here.

No, I wasn’t notified by CS.

Best.

Sorry you’ve gone through this. Your story reads like a classic online marketplace scam.

Buyer purchases a gig >>> engages in polite conversation>>> praises the samples to encourage the buyer to over deliver>>> receives end result>>> buyer completely changes their tone to angry>>> starts cancellation to try and get money back while keeping all your hard work for free.

It’s unlikely to be because your buyer found a similar service cheaper elsewhere. They more than likely knew that if they ordered and later complained, then there would be a high chance that Fiverr customer support would review the case in their favour.

Sorry you’ve gone through this. Your story reads like a classic online marketplace scam.

Buyer purchases a gig >>> engages in polite conversation>>> praises the samples to encourage the buyer to over deliver>>> receives end result>>> buyer completely changes their tone to angry>>> starts cancellation to try and get money back while keeping all your hard work for free.

It’s unlikely to be because your buyer found a similar service cheaper elsewhere. They more than likely knew that if they ordered and later complained, then there would be a high chance that Fiverr customer support would review the case in their favour.

@english_voice very true. I see what happened now. Feels bad. Wish fiverr had a review system to check on such buyers. Its horrible that I made almost 7-10 revisions to this order. I hope no one goes through something like this. I wonder what CS is doing. Sad.

@english_voice very true. I see what happened now. Feels bad. Wish fiverr had a review system to check on such buyers. Its horrible that I made almost 7-10 revisions to this order. I hope no one goes through something like this. I wonder what CS is doing. Sad.

Things I consider before accepting a request from buyers

1. Does the buyer has enough reviews> if yes, I read those reviews

2. I then check out a few seller’s profile from whom the buyer previously purchased and I read the seller’s response. I also pay attentions to the gigs he/she purchased along with their prices.

3. I check if the account has been recently created. If yes, I stay away.

4. Then I gauge the buyer over our conversation. What are their expectations? Are they having out of this world expectations? If yes, I stay away.

5. If the buyer is not willing to have a discussion on their own project. I stay away.

Many may disagree with some or all of my points but it’s okay as it has worked for me all this long.

In its most part, everyone already knows that Fiverr is more loyal to buyers than to sellers. And I agree with you all that they need to change their policy in relation to freelancers, as a situation may happen that professional people will leave, and their place will be taken by “low-quality content” and the site will turn into a “bottom” where to find a quality seller will be difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

@english_voice Sad. I hope they leave me alone. The seller is almost after my life on every platform! CS DOESNT RESPOND

Archived