What to do when a client ask for a refund?

only1kader

Last time I had an issue with a client, he did not behave well and canceled the order. I got some good suggestions here. After following those suggestion, I am doing good in Fiverr. I am getting good clients and no order cancellation issue since then.

I am a logo designer. I have done 300+ logos for clients around the world. All are 5 star ratings and good feedbacks from the buyers. But today I am facing another issue. I made 3 logo concept for a client. He did not like them and left the feedback after 2 days. Then I made another 3 concepts. After 1 day he requested for order cancellation. I cancelled the request and delivered the modified work again. I asked him for feedback or changes, i will be happy to do that. But he just wants the refund!

My question is, after working on all these 6 logos for around 12 hours, do i get to accept this and refund the buyer? What is fiverr’s policy here? The order will be automatically completed after 2/3 hours. Should i wait for that? or should i send order cancelation request? I am not being greedy here for money but i worked hard for those logos. I spent huge time on that. It hurts when buyers don’t value our time and effort.

Advanced thank you for your suggestions.

I have had faced this problem. There is two possible way you can go.
Firstly:
if you don’t care much about the money, you can cancel the order and give him refund by customer support center.
Secondly:
you can let the order complete and take the money. But there is two problems.
one: buyer can give you feedback/review after the order complete and he can leave a really bad review which can be a problem for you profile.
two: buyer can contact customer support and get his refund afterword. This could lead you to an possible warning to your account. which is really bad. If you have previous warnings your account could be permanently restricted.

So the choice is yours.

I have had faced this problem. There is two possible way you can go.

Firstly:

if you don’t care much about the money, you can cancel the order and give him refund by customer support center.

Secondly:

one: buyer can give you feedback/review after the order complete and he can leave a really bad review which can be a problem for you profile.

two: buyer can contact customer support and get his refund afterword. This could lead you to an possible warning to your account. which is really bad. If you have previous warnings your account could be permanently restricted.

So the choice is yours.

Secondly:

Should not fiverr check my work and effort before creating any problem to my account after listening to the client? Should not fiverr care about my effort and time? Is this the policy of fiverr that whatever the client says is considered valid? I have no previous warning or any issue like this. The amount is small, I really don’t care about the amount but my time and effort. What if the client does the same thing to the next seller?

I believe there is some good solution to this issue by Fiverr.

Thanks for your suggestion

Secondly:

Should not fiverr check my work and effort before creating any problem to my account after listening to the client? Should not fiverr care about my effort and time? Is this the policy of fiverr that whatever the client says is considered valid? I have no previous warning or any issue like this. The amount is small, I really don’t care about the amount but my time and effort. What if the client does the same thing to the next seller?

I believe there is some good solution to this issue by Fiverr.

Thanks for your suggestion

That’s the thought of all sellers on fiverr. But fiverr prioritize Buyers more then sellers as always. I don’t know if there’s a better solution here. That’s what i have been seeing since 2017 when i joined fiverr.

That’s the thought of all sellers on fiverr. But fiverr prioritize Buyers more then sellers as always. I don’t know if there’s a better solution here. That’s what i have been seeing since 2017 when i joined fiverr.

That’s the thought of all sellers on Fiverr. But Fiverr prioritize Buyers more then sellers as always. I don’t know if there’s a better solution here. That’s what i have been seeing since 2017 when i joined fiverr.

You are correct. Maybe Fiverr has no solution for this kind of issue. So, I let go of my effort and time. I canceled the order. I don’t want to risk my account and all these hard work achieved reviews. I am scared actually.

That’s the thought of all sellers on Fiverr. But Fiverr prioritize Buyers more then sellers as always. I don’t know if there’s a better solution here. That’s what i have been seeing since 2017 when i joined fiverr.

You are correct. Maybe Fiverr has no solution for this kind of issue. So, I let go of my effort and time. I canceled the order. I don’t want to risk my account and all these hard work achieved reviews. I am scared actually.

I’m really sorry to read your story as you are obviously a good Fiverr seller.

I suspect that you have done the right thing to protect your account, although it is really annoying that your buyer has received your work for free.

Sadly some rogue / scam buyers do behave in this way knowing that many sellers would rather ‘protect their account’ than risk having bad feedback.

Keep up the good work though!

Copied from your gig:

1. If you don’t like my logo, I will refund your money

You should consider removing this, though it seems this is the first time it’s come back to bite you.

(“100% Guaranteed service” and ‘unlimited revisions’ also put you at a high-risk for getting targeted by scammers. Caution, though: Modifying a gig will remove it from the search while the change is verified.)

You did the right thing as fiverr want. But if there is something the community leaders can complain about this to fiverr that will be awesome.

Archived