Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers

coerdelion

Thank You so much for sharing this video…Yesterday I came across a buyer who insisted me to subscribe to his youtube channel and send him that screenshot. He said he wanted a logo design and that i must subscribe to his channel. But minutes after that conversation, the user cannot be found on fiverr… since im a new seller, i dint know what to do. The seller even deleted the messages in the inbox. I cant believe that i fell for this​:unamused:😑

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, coerdelion said:

Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section.

Thank you for giving me a shout out in your great video! I was totally shocked and so grateful to you for spreading the word with MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS!

All 5 (and bonus 6th) tips were great and I will share it with new Fiverr sellers who reach out for help.

We are all in this together! Thank you again @coerdelion !!! 🌻

On 11/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, ash_r_1997 said:

He said he wanted a logo design and that i must subscribe to his channel.

Wow! @ash_r_1997 that is a first! Sometimes I feel so naive! Ughhh that is a terrible abuse of this system. I hope that person is not a seller offering to increase your Youtube channel subscribers! I am assuming you blocked this buyer and reported it to customer service! 

. He said he wanted a logo design and that i must subscribe to his channel.

Wow! @ash_r_1997 that is a first! Sometimes I feel so naive! Ughhh that is a terrible abuse of this system. I hope that person is not a seller offering to increase your Youtube channel subscribers!

I am assuming you blocked this buyer and reported it to customer service!

Yes, i have done that?. Learnt a lesson now? on how to deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Great tips! I have done free samples now I know better. Very helpful thanks for posting. -

J Salas Voice 😀

I have done free samples now I know better.

Yes! We all need to stick together! I get asked all the time and of course I answer with kindness and say, “thank you for reaching out. I get requests for free samples almost every day so I needed to change my policy. I no longer send samples unless you have accepted an offer or sent an order to me. I would be glad to send an MP4 or MP3 with similar narration so your team can decide if I would be a good fit. I can also send you my gig link for a professional sample…it’s only $20.”

9 put of ten times, they want me to send a similar project and a few times they have purchased the sample gig. Rarely do I never hear back and if I don’t, that gives me a clue as to the type of buyer they would be.

Learning these negotiation skills is critical for freelancers. It’s challenging and takes time to create your policy. Feel free to copy and paste mine lol!!!

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, lordoflogos said:

but although you limit the revisions, the systems allows unlimited revisions requests to the buyers.

I have 0 revisions. Then I can decide if a buyer’s request for a revision is legitimate or if I need to send him a custom offer for one. This system has worked very well for me

but although you limit the revisions, the systems allows unlimited revisions requests to the buyers.

I have 0 revisions. Then I can decide if a buyer’s request for a revision is legitimate or if I need to send him a custom offer for one. This system has worked very well for me.

I put a limit on my revisions, but the Fiverr system allows buyers to request all the revisions they wanted. That does not make sense.

• 2 months later...

great video i always say too it is ok to get out of a transaction in the beginning too if you notice a buyer is going to be a problem buyer. if i start getting crazy messages when they order a gig i will go ahead and apologize and cancel if they are asking for crazy amounts of work in addition to gig but not wanting to pay for it etc

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your useful tips. How about some buyers want to know the sample of additional work, commited to send file to see what they want, after that they are invisible forever. what should we do then, sometime received message, after reply they did not reply anymore… embarrassing!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding the splitting stuff, I had an experience with a buyer once. he told me to give a sample of his project but I provided him with another samples that's kinda different from his need. then, he responded that I should give him the exact sample of his needs so he could order. and even said the numbers he wanted. but there are lots about this exact buyer. To cut the story short he ran away with the samples without ordering. 

And I'm sure... that's he did the same to most sellers to acquire his needs 

We just need to be extra careful.

Thanks for the informations ❤️❤️❤️

• Lena locked this topic

Archived