I wish fiverr have the Audio/video call option in the chat

aliwpwebleader

• 4 months later...

Voice calls will only complicate things.

CS won’t be able to verify the complete conversation between sellers and buyers. Even if they record every call, it will be too many CS-hours wasted for nothing. So much that they’ll better cancel the order instead.

Besides, if a buyer has problems typing out everything, they can always record themselves and send the file. It’s simple and makes it easier to collaborate across time-zones.

So think twice.

Voice calls will only complicate things.

CS won’t be able to verify the complete conversation between sellers and buyers. Even if they record every call, it will be too many CS-hours wasted for nothing. So much that they’ll better cancel the order instead.

Besides, if a buyer has problems typing out everything, they can always record themselves and send the file. It’s simple and makes it easier to collaborate across time-zones.

So think twice.

OH yeah totally if you could record yourself and just send voice message like on messenger that would be awesome

if you could record yourself and just send voice message like on messenger

You can…

Gotta use the cam or audio recording app though. 👀

Absolutely. Buyers sometimes send videos to me they have recorded to explain something. It works just fine.

if you could record yourself

You can. With your phone, for example. And then send the audio file as an attachment in the inbox.

@catwriter @wordsfire

I mean yeah guys but that is not practical at all. Why not have just a button for it in inbox. Click record, say everything and then click Stop. Then it’s gonna automatically be sent to client.

// and btw voice call would be even better, but I get that complicates CS work

@catwriter @wordsfire

I mean yeah guys but that is not practical at all. Why not have just a button for it in inbox. Click record, say everything and then click Stop. Then it’s gonna automatically be sent to client.

I mean yeah guys but that is not practical at all. Why not have just a button for it in inbox.

It’d be even better if they just had to think and it’d type on its own… Google: Neuralink 👀

@catwriter @wordsfire

I mean yeah guys but that is not practical at all.

It’s a workaround, nobody said it was practical.

Why not have just a button for it in inbox. Click record, say everything and then click Stop. Then it’s gonna automatically be sent to client.

I hope that, if it ever gets implemented, it’s optional. I have zero wish to struggle with someone’s accent and awful spoken English, I doubt that anyone is eager to listen to my accent, plus I need the information in writing. And I’m not the only one who feels that way.

I understand that for some, voice or video would be easier, but I really wouldn’t want to be forced into something like that.

@catwriter @wordsfire

But will be practice for who? The most biggest problems in all kind of companies are clients that contact just via audio… because everytime the company need hear a lot of audios from several clients (the clients don’t know how to explain and will record audio of 3-5-8 minutes).

The amount of time to check all this audio is much bigger than text, because the text the people think before write that made the clients explain in more details what they want. This are psycological aspects.

Is my opnion, in case of problems the Fiverr Support will have much more demand to verify audio than text. The world of freelancer is based on Briefing, as professional we need guide the clients to get exaclty what they want.

Archived