I am in weird situation!

surajrenuka

So last week I received a message on my Instagram from someone telling me he messaged me on fiverr but fiverr did not let his message come through and he had no way to reach me other then searching on internet !

And finally he succeed finding me on Instagram and now he is asking me to work with him, and discuss things with him !

I notice that I had a message on fiverr with similar name but I cant contact him anymore !

Now, what should I do ? should I talk to him ? discuss thing on Instagram ?
or ask him to recreate fiverr account and start order on fiverr ?
Or I should totally ignore ?

If I talk to him on insta, am I breaking rules ? I never approached nor I ever talk to him on fiverr…I even haven’t reply him on my insta nor blocked…its been a week now. I played safe so far but I just want to know what can I do and what is good ?

So last week I received a message on my Instagram from someone telling me he messaged me on fiverr but fiverr did not let his message come through and he had no way to reach me other then searching on internet !

And finally he succeed finding me on Instagram and now he is asking me to work with him, and discuss things with him !

I notice that I had a message on fiverr with similar name but I cant contact him anymore !

If I talk to him on insta, am I breaking rules ? I never approached nor I ever talk to him on fiverr…I even haven’t reply him on my insta nor blocked…its been a week now. I played safe so far but I just want to know what can I do and what is good ?

Can’t see how any good could come from this.

No. Talking to customers outside of Fiverr is prohibited. Read the ToS.

Talking to customers outside of Fiverr is prohibited.

He said he is not a client from Fiverr, he never communicated with him on Fiverr.

So basically he is just a person who reached out to him outside Fiverr and he has to decide is he honest enough to work for.

Fiverr TOS has nothing to do with this.

That’s what I do, when buyers find me on facebook. Especially after saying no to providing any contact information, sometimes repeatedly.

Why would I want to trade safe(-ish) deals on Fiverr for shady one time things that might end up being a scam and risk losing my account here in the process?

Although if you want to accept I don’t think this would be ToS violation, as you didn’t provide him your contact info and that can be proven by your message history.

How about this? He clearly says so himself.

You are mixing apples and USB sticks.

If someone who doesn’t have Fiverr account looks through the freelancers sites, finds someone interested but he is not willing to use the site and contacts seller outside on his business web site or private profile, it is up to seller to decide to take the job.

I have my business site and many PRO designers have too. It is illogical to believe we only work on Fiverr for Fiverr. We have customers outside. In my case it is for all the other services I can do and have skills for but I can not put them here due to 7-10 GIG limit.

So last week I received a message on my Instagram from someone telling me he messaged me on fiverr but fiverr did not let his message come through

Is his Fiverr account still active?

And can you see his message? If yes, does it seem harmless (for example, he tried to message you about papayas, but it didn’t go through because of pay in papaya)?

In short, can you tell if Fiverr blocked him for good reason, or was it something silly/automated/a bug?

You are mixing apples and USB sticks.

If someone who doesn’t have Fiverr account looks through the freelancers sites, finds someone interested but he is not willing to use the site and contacts seller outside on his business web site or private profile, it is up to seller to decide to take the job.

I have my business site and many PRO designers have too. It is illogical to believe we only work on Fiverr for Fiverr. We have customers outside. In my case it is for all the other services I can do and have skills for but I can not put them here due to 7-10 GIG limit.

mixing apples

pay in papaya

Food references going in hard today.

That’s something else, though, isn’t it? If I’m just trying to gather contact info, I will look up the person to find their business and use their contacts to do so.

But to contact the seller on a freelancer site and to then contact them outside of it to discuss deals? That sounds shady to me.

But to contact the seller on a freelancer site

and if he did this, then yes, everything after this point falls under that site TOS.

he messaged me on fiverr but fiverr did not let his message come through

If someone tried and failed and I have no message in Inbox. It never happened.

So last week I received a message on my Instagram from someone telling me he messaged me on fiverr but fiverr did not let his message come through

Is his Fiverr account still active?

And can you see his message? If yes, does it seem harmless (for example, he tried to message you about papayas, but it didn’t go through because of pay in papaya)?

In short, can you tell if Fiverr blocked him for good reason, or was it something silly/automated/a bug?

His fiverr profile is no longer available and I even cant see his messages !

So here is what happened,

I got notification on my mobile about message where I could read half of line and later when I open that message on desktop his name was there but no message…

so I reply this on that conversation

“Hello 🙂

did you sent me any message ? I can see that in caption but I didnt received it in my inbox ? can you please resend ?

Thank you”

Later I started my regular job and next day I saw “can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.”

After couple of days I saw message request on my Instagram and read where the similar name guy was explaining me things and want to work with me…

Just move on, man. I know it’s hard to turn down customers sometimes, but tbh I’d not try any contact again. So many scammers, you can find them everywhere from ebay to the moon.

I understand 🙂

and I dont regret for loosing customer that was never mine,

I am more interested to know if I am breaking TOS if I do ? for any future reference !

I understand 🙂

and I dont regret for loosing customer that was never mine,

I am more interested to know if I am breaking TOS if I do ? for any future reference !

In this case yes since similar name is a strong indicator it is same person.

But in case Banana sends you message outside Fiverr and you have no fruits in your Inbox, go as per your heart.

His fiverr profile is no longer available and I even cant see his messages !

So here is what happened,

I got notification on my mobile about message where I could read half of line and later when I open that message on desktop his name was there but no message…

so I reply this on that conversation

“Hello 🙂

did you sent me any message ? I can see that in caption but I didnt received it in my inbox ? can you please resend ?

Thank you”

Later I started my regular job and next day I saw “can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.”

After couple of days I saw message request on my Instagram and read where the similar name guy was explaining me things and want to work with me…

If he did try to contact you on Fiverr first, then it might be a ToS violation to respond, depending on the CS agent looking into it (if it comes to that). Or not, if he no longer had an active Fiverr account at the time.

Either way, the whole thing is risky, and if he was banned for a good reason, it probably wouldn’t be safe to work with him. I mean, I doubt that Fiverr bans great clients for no reason.

I get that you see a dilemma with this, as it’s not as if you’re trying to lure a customer away from Fiverr, but the contact still happened because of Fiverr.
Of course, if Fiverr banned him, and you never had contact with him on Fiverr, you could take the stance that this is an “outside of Fiverr contact”, but I’m not sure if support would agree (even, as catwriter said, it might depend on the actual support agent, but, at least, I’d want to have it black on white, if it was me).
If you want to be sure, you’ll have to ask them.

There are several arguments against working with that person, from Fiverr probably not being in the habit of blocking buyers for harmless things and people ignoring Fiverr’s ToS probably not caring much about your ToS either, to that person getting you into this dilemma in the first place. He could have just contacted you on Insta and not said anything about Fiverr. That they did, means that they either don’t know about Fiverr’s ToS (not good, again, means they don’t really care and wouldn’t care about yours either), or know (means they put you in this situation either on purpose, totally not good, because why?; or because they are thoughtless, to not say stupid, not really good either), and others that were mentioned already. I get “drama vibes” from this.

As I see it, unless you’re prepared to face the potential consequences up to an account warning or worse, either just ignore him, or ask support what they think of this specific situation to see how they interpret it in the light of Fiverr’s ToS.

If he did try to contact you on Fiverr first, then it might be a ToS violation to respond, depending on the CS agent looking into it (if it comes to that). Or not, if he no longer had an active Fiverr account at the time.

Either way, the whole thing is risky, and if he was banned for a good reason, it probably wouldn’t be safe to work with him. I mean, I doubt that Fiverr bans great clients for no reason.

ToS violation to respond, depending on the CS agent looking into it

I agree !

Or not, if he no longer had an active Fiverr account at the time.

I guess he has not thats what made him looking for me on social media !

But yes I would rather let him go unanswered !

I am not sure how and what CS can inquire in this matter when a client contacting me has no active account on fiverr and we never had a talk on fiverr !

I never got his message and I doubt if he got mine 😃

I get that you see a dilemma with this, as it’s not as if you’re trying to lure a customer away from Fiverr, but the contact still happened because of Fiverr.

Of course, if Fiverr banned him, and you never had contact with him on Fiverr, you could take the stance that this is an “outside of Fiverr contact”, but I’m not sure if support would agree (even, as catwriter said, it might depend on the actual support agent, but, at least, I’d want to have it black on white, if it was me).

If you want to be sure, you’ll have to ask them.

There are several arguments against working with that person, from Fiverr probably not being in the habit of blocking buyers for harmless things and people ignoring Fiverr’s ToS probably not caring much about your ToS either, to that person getting you into this dilemma in the first place. He could have just contacted you on Insta and not said anything about Fiverr. That they did, means that they either don’t know about Fiverr’s ToS (not good, again, means they don’t really care and wouldn’t care about yours either), or know (means they put you in this situation either on purpose, totally not good, because why?; or because they are thoughtless, to not say stupid, not really good either), and others that were mentioned already. I get “drama vibes” from this.

As I see it, unless you’re prepared to face the potential consequences up to an account warning or worse, either just ignore him, or ask support what they think of this specific situation to see how they interpret it in the light of Fiverr’s ToS.

but the contact still happened because of Fiverr.

Thats what made me confuse and I decided not to respond !

I will gladly decline his message request and block him now 🙂

Ask yourself, why did Fiverr ban their account in the first place. Maybe they purchased a gig from a seller and after receiving their delivery they did a chargeback. Maybe they been spamming multiple people and got reported. Either way, I wouldn’t work with someone who couldn’t follow the simple rules of a site long enough to not get banned.

Archived