BUYERS BEWARE! ask for links to the sites these sellers claim to advertise your product on!

anettatequila2

When a seller advertises that they will promote your book to so many sites, or potential customers, be sure to ask for the direct link to these sites so that you can actually verify that your product is posted there by the seller.

Some of these sellers send PDF’s to you, of the supposed sites where they claim to post your product. But what is happening is that they probably posted to one or two sites, then the rest of the PDF’s are spoofed/photoshopped/edited pics of the same first one of two PDF’s.

Each time a seller like this has sent me PDF’s and I request the actual links to verify, I click the first two links or three links - fine. But, every link after that, I could not find my book anywhere on those sites, and I try EVERYTHING; scrolling for what seems like hours, and even using the search feature on the site, and typing in my name, my book title, and other keywords. still, I could not find my book anywhere on the site.

One seller stated that my title may have been too sensitive, but on most of the sites this sellers had supposedly promoted my book to, there were tons of other sensitive titles and for this particular seller, I could not find my book on even one site! When I contacted the seller again, he says that it takes a while for the sites to list my book. Ok, fine. I waited a few days, then a few more days, then a few more. Almost two weeks later, still - could not find my book listed on any of the sites of which the seller sent the PDF’s and/or the links for

most of the sellers I’ve used automatically provide the links, instead of the PDF’S. and then my book was actually there on the site and I didn’t have to break my neck to find my book. Which really makes me question those sellers who send PDF’s as verification that they have “promoted your product” on those sites contained in the PDF file

So, buyers beware!

Ask for the links to sites where seller claims to promote your product, click the links to verify that your product was actually promoted on those links as advertised by the seller!

• 4 weeks later...

“It is your fault as a seller that you don’t know what you are looking for” for one, this post was pertaining to me as a buyer, using fiverr to promote my work. Second, I am learning through trial and error what to do and what not to do. Your energy is negative, and it’s not needed. No thank you…

“It is your fault as a seller that you don’t know what you are looking for” for one, this post was pertaining to me as a buyer, using fiverr to promote my work. Second, I am learning through trial and error what to do and what not to do. Your energy is negative, and it’s not needed. No thank you…

Oh well, I am sorry about the negative energy. However, if you look keenly into what I wrote, you would discover that I was also trying to be on the same page with you.

I don’t understand what else a buyer would be expecting as a delivery for a promotion gig if not evidence of where and where the promotion has been done.

My response wasn’t just targeted at you.

It is to all buyers.

We have issues where some buyers place orders without explaining what they wanted; some times, it could be because they don’t know what they are looking for. They end up having a bad experience which affects the Fiverr community.

Please, I am only trying to say that sellers here are humans and not robots. In a community of humans, you will meet different kinds of people. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Knowing there are scammers who will prey on your inexperience, I am advising that a buyer should do well to articulate what they want, explain it to the seller and expect it in return. This is so that when you are scammed, it will be easier for Fiverr support to help you fix the problem and possible punish the scammer.

I wish you all the best.

Archived