Your Level Doesn't Matter

humanissocial

I doubt it for the reasons I mentioned. And I’m not interested in the stress I’d have to endure to keep that up. I’d prefer to put that energy toward business elsewhere.

On 8/27/2020 at 5:09 AM, hrizvi2000 said:

TRS , you will make 2 time 3 times even 4 time for the same work you are doing.

I’d love it if you corroborated your claims.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya but wait till you become TRS , you will make 2 time 3 times even 4 time for the same work you are doing.

Not true. I’ve worked with few TRS whose quality was average to below average. I only ordered from them when I needed something quick & cheap.

When one of them raised their price, I quit buying from them. I don’t care they were TRS, the lack of professional quality didn’t justify the cost hike.

For quality work, I have sellers from all range of levels, that I go to consistently.

Not true. I’ve worked with few TRS whose quality was average to below average. I only ordered from them when I needed something quick & cheap.

When one of them raised their price, I quit buying from them. I don’t care they were TRS, the lack of professional quality didn’t justify the cost hike.

For quality work, I have sellers from all range of levels, that I go to consistently.

Whats not true though? That he won’t be able to make more then at no level?

Levels Matter. If you are selling tweets may be it don’t. If you are selling tangible service like webdesign it matters.

Thanks for the insult! Goodness… My Tweets aren’t tangible, guys. (Sarcasm)

You’ve missed my point, surprise surprise. This is about ROI. Proper buyers want that regardless of the service being offered.

You don’t get sales when you’re superfluous in your market regardless of what level you have

I’m not superfluous and people want what I’ve done to differentiate myself. That’s my whole point.

It’s also about differentiating yourself in the market and being in demand with low competition.

Want to know how I sell? I may have like 30,000 sellers selling the same thing. But most of them are incompetent and don’t tailor the work to buyer goals.

I do.

That’s why I make sales… and do so without a level.

It’s not because I don’t have a “tangible service.” That makes no sense. The effect of competition on a market is the same regardless of how “tangible” it is…

But if you want to argue with me that being one out of like 40,000 graphic designers is not a problem as long as you have a level, go ahead. Let me know how it works out.

If you want to argue that the reason you’re not making sales is because you don’t have a level, good luck to you.

Thank You share your opinion…

This topic is very important. I am new here and my think that is not fair quality is important not level. Sorry for that I don’t get any orders but I share my opinion. Sorry again.

I really don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

How can you get orders if people can’t understand you?

Your English needs a lot of work.

I agree with you for the most part. I’m a TRS with 595 completed orders, and not 1 of them was specifically because I was a TRS (or any other level for that matter). My track record speaks for itself and that is what gets the orders - the level is just another consequence of the work done, not the other way around.

I’m a TRS with 595 completed orders, and not 1 of them was specifically because I was a TRS (or any other level for that matter).

How did you know that?

I’m a TRS with 595 completed orders, and not 1 of them was specifically because I was a TRS (or any other level for that matter).

How did you know that?

1. 80% of my orders are repeat orders from buyers who used me before I was TRS.
  2. 20% are word of mouth referrals from previous buyers (and they tell me that when they contact me).

1. 80% of my orders are repeat orders from buyers who used me before I was TRS.
  2. 20% are word of mouth referrals from previous buyers (and they tell me that when they contact me).

80% of my orders are repeat orders from buyers who used me before I was TRS.

That’s huge… 👏 congratulation!

Please start a thread and give us tips to gain more repeat orders. Based on your personal experience.

• 3 weeks later...

As many of you know I’m a regular in this forum and I’d say one of the most common topics I see here is that buyers do unfair things and then the sellers’s ratings go down, jeopardizing, or even being solely responsible for, the seller level being demoted.

Many, many, many months ago I stopped caring about Levels for this reason.

I refuse to become anxious or run my business around unfair things that are out of my control.

I know this sounds silly, because logic suggests that buyers are more likely to choose a Level 1 or Level 2 or a TRS. But you know what? I’ve found it’s just not true.

Maybe I would get more orders if I had a level, I’m not sure. But when a client’s work means a great deal to them, clients focus more on evidence of a return on investment than on what level you are.

Maybe they’ll look at Sellers with Level 1, 2 or TRS first. Maybe… But if they don’t see what they’re looking for, they’ll look at all sellers.

Note that a Level doesn’t indicate professionalism or quality. Plenty of Level 2 and TRS sellers are pretty much incompetent or at the very least unethical. Buyers will notice this!

And when I’ve researched my competition who are Level 1, Level 2 and TRS, a lot of them just don’t provide the evidence of ROI that I do.

So even without a level, I stand out in the market on Fiverr because it’s evident I provide better value and I’m generally more skilled and more professional than much of my competition.

I’m not at all condoning Fiverr’s unfair approach to ratings/levels. I’m just saying that it doesn’t dictate your success here like a lot of people argue.

The only thing that disappoints me is that I only have a couple of extras available without a level, but oh well.

Don’t lose sleep over things you can’t control.

Focus on things you can, as ultimately they’ll make you more successful, anyway. Research your market and differentiate yourself. Improve skills that prove to sellers you’re a good investment while communicating your high quality.

Your quality of life and general health will thank you for it. I know mine does – and I have a lot of health problems!

It’s really helpful.

Very interesting discussion!

My level MAY drop if I don’t get additional sales over the next few weeks due to having to cancel one order after the buyer started making requests that I couldn’t fulfill. It’s frustrating too because over the 6 years I’ve been a part of Fiverr - my overall cancellation rate is 2.7% (15 cancelled orders vs. 554 completed ones).

I wish in times of extra slow sales - like during Covid-19 for me - Fiverr would take into consideration the large® picture instead of just the small one.

Archived