Fiverr Seller Mentorship Program

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do these posts always operate under an assumption that established sellers have TONS OF ORDERS they’re unable to manage themselves (or don’t outsource already) and will be thrilled to share with a person they don’t know?

Like, there are multiple people in my inbox weekly dreaming to relieve me and save me from my workflow while I don’t remember screaming for help.

It’s not the same concept, you wouldn’t be giving them your customer or client. You as the seller would give them the job the review would come from you and not your client.

You delegate the task to them, they return it to you.You inspect it, if it needs adjusting then they adjust and return it.

Resellers are actually a thing on Fiverr. They usually offer services they cant actually do themselves and then they message new sellers to get the job done, though I don’t think that is the kind of friendly connection you would be interested in seeing. Most of the resellers I’ve met when I freshly started underpaid me by a lot and I didn’t get the reviews so I couldn’t grow.

Why do these posts always operate under an assumption that established sellers have TONS OF ORDERS they’re unable to manage themselves (or don’t outsource already) and will be thrilled to share with a person they don’t know?

Like, there are multiple people in my inbox weekly dreaming to relieve me and save me from my workflow while I don’t remember screaming for help.

there are multiple people in my inbox weekly dreaming to relieve me and save me from my workflow

So if your work starts to look like children’s drawings it we will know why.

there are multiple people in my inbox weekly dreaming to relieve me and save me from my workflow

So if your work starts to look like children’s drawings it we will know why.

My work does look like children’s drawings. It’s kinda my thing. 🙂

I think OP advocates for some kind of an internship program. Where to be hired new sellers will need to have some kind of potential. They’ll be given chunks of work the “established seller” isn’t too thrilled to do and will be terribly underpaid by receiving $5 max for their efforts. Similar to how tattoo shop internships work, for instance. “Wipe the plasma, mop the floors - get your coffee money and experience”.

My work does look like children’s drawings. It’s kinda my thing. 🙂

I think OP advocates for some kind of an internship program. Where to be hired new sellers will need to have some kind of potential. They’ll be given chunks of work the “established seller” isn’t too thrilled to do and will be terribly underpaid by receiving $5 max for their efforts. Similar to how tattoo shop internships work, for instance. “Wipe the plasma, mop the floors - get your coffee money and experience”.

I can imagine a top rated writer giving his orders to someone new. The typos, grammar errors, word salad, then he passes them off to his buyers as his own work. Not good.

I suppose if someone is a talented artist/ebook cover designer, this could be doable. Although, I’m not sure how the market is for designers right now.

OTOH, this is NOT doable for writing gigs. It’s nearly impossible to duplicate someone’s writing style and research method.

Another thing to consider - and here, I admit, I may be getting triggered a little bit because I was an intern, both paid and unpaid - is that a “collaboration” like this opens a new seller to being taken advantage of and abuse for some phantom “portfolio bucks”. And it’s just sad.

Guest humanissocial

You don’t speak for all the sellers on the platform.

We’ve already explained that everything about your proposal is a loss to experienced sellers or any sellers so it isn’t much of a stretch for @misscrystal to assume that experienced sellers aren’t masochists interested in sabotaging their business to help you.

Sure, I’ll coach for free and increase my competition to recommend inept people, decreasing my chances of orders all for a referral fee that doesn’t offset any of it. You honestly think this is a win-win?

This is a fantasy driven only by your want of orders and not by anything any successful seller would want.

Why not focus on your energy on learning how business works and how markets work?

Archived