Fiverr Seller Mentorship Program

Looking from the outside in, Fiverr seems like a very easy solution to make additional income. However as soon as your create your 1st 7 gigs you suddenly realize how competitive and hard it is to actually get clients as a seller without any reviews.

I’m suggesting a Fiverr seller mentorship program for any experienced seller who gets tons of jobs and new sellers who are basically just starting off. The experienced sellers would delegate jobs to these new sellers to get experience and reviews on their gig, and get paid in the process.

New sellers would only get paid a maximum of $5 while apart of this program for any jobs a tenured seller agrees to work with them on.

The experienced seller should get the option to choose which new seller he would like to mentor and both would have to work together for a standard period of time stipulated by Fiverr.

There would be guidelines which would be the modus operandi of the mentorship program of how each party should interact with each other while apart of this program.

If Fiverr does this it would change the game of Freelancing when compared to its competitor sites.

This would help skilled new sellers on the platform to gain experience from tenured sellers and build the overall value on the platform.

The experienced sellers would delegate jobs to these new sellers to get experience and reviews on their gig, and get paid in the process.

The closest thing to this currently on Fiverr are sellers who outsource work to other sellers. eg. the outsourcer might buy another seller’s gig to do the work that their buyer asked them to do. Both can earn something (the outsourcer would obviously charge more for it than the person they outsourced to).

For experience and training you could practice, do courses, create more work samples that could be shown to potential buyers in gig videos/images. Read the seller help pages/blogs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be only for persons who want to be apart of it. Not someone who is looking to always scrape a dollar.

When you DM your prospects on Social Media or contact through other channels is it your first instinct to sell to these individuals or offer value ?

When you DM your prospects on Social Media or contact through other channels is it your first instinct to sell to these individuals or offer value ?

Neither. My first ‘instinct’ is “I can help this person”. I don’t sell value, I sell service. Value is a part of that service.

I have not once marketed myself off of Fiverr, and I don’t plan to until I have my own site and can direct potential clients to that.

The experienced sellers would delegate jobs to these new sellers to get experience and reviews on their gig, and get paid in the process.

The closest thing to this currently on Fiverr are sellers who outsource work to other sellers. eg. the outsourcer might buy another seller’s gig to do the work that their buyer asked them to do. Both can earn something (the outsourcer would obviously charge more for it than the person they outsourced to).

For experience and training you could practice, do courses, create more work samples that could be shown to potential buyers in gig videos/images. Read the seller help pages/blogs.

it would be just like this however it would be an option accessible somewhere in the menu on the platform for experienced seller and newbie to be able to access.

Sellers who outsource would have a list of possible new sellers(already done a few jobs) they could work with and these new sellers could get there services better seen by the more experienced seller.

At the risk of more insults, fiverr would lose it’s value when buyers know that the actual one who does the job is a new seller who can’t get orders on their own. If I hire someone as a buyer it’s because I want that person to do the job not give it to someone else.

This is the tenth time at least this idea has been put forth by new sellers.

Tell you what: spend an hour a day minimum on the forums in the “Improve My Gig” category for 6 months, read three books each on entrepreneurship, marketing, economics, management, and business leadership, and if you still have the same opinion on this idea, and a method of implementing it without a mentor being mobbed by 300 new sellers seeking ‘advice’, I’ll give it another consideration.

As one of those senior sellers who is approached by new people frequently for help and work (ugh!), I would only ask who is going to pay me to mentor newbies? There is no possible way a percentage of their income would compensate for the time spent teaching people how to run a freelance business.

This is a ridiculous proposal all around.

Okay – Now I see it appears you’re talking about outsourcing to new sellers. This goes on already all over the place. Pretty sure Fiverr frowns on it. I’m sure most buyers would. Who wants to hire one person and have their work done by someone else?

Guest humanissocial

You delegate the task to them, they return it to you.You inspect it, if it needs adjusting then they adjust and return it.

How rewarding for any seller, to be the boss and give their orders to a new competitor! How fun to hire a new untried competitor and guide them on how to be successful so they can compete with you!

It’s utterly bizarre, this idea that sellers would not only want us to hand off our work, but also then coach the seller on how to compete with us for sales while further crowding our market?

He doesn’t understand that a referral commission wouldn’t mitigate the impact of increasing our competition. It’s still a loss, one that would only grow bigger.

And the coaching wouldn’t be compensated. The money gained would be a commission for the referral NOT for the coaching.

No one signs up for a referral program if it requires them to coach for free. It’s absurd.

It’s utterly bizarre, this idea that sellers would not only want us to hand off our work, but also then coach the seller on how to compete with us for sales while further crowding our market?

He doesn’t understand that a referral commission wouldn’t mitigate the impact of increasing our competition. It’s still a loss, one that would only grow bigger.

And the coaching wouldn’t be compensated. The money gained would be a commission for the referral NOT for the coaching.

No one signs up for a referral program if it requires them to coach for free. It’s absurd.

This is the last thing any seller would want to do. I’m baffled by this idea whenever it comes up.

Guest humanissocial

This is the last thing any seller would want to do. I’m baffled by this idea whenever it comes up.

I think people have tunnel vision on what they want and they don’t look at it from other perspectives.

Guest humanissocial

it would be just like this however it would be an option accessible somewhere in the menu on the platform for experienced seller and newbie to be able to access.

Sellers who outsource would have a list of possible new sellers(already done a few jobs) they could work with and these new sellers could get there services better seen by the more experienced seller.

This is silly. Sorry.

Why would a seller do something that increases their competition in the market and passes along their secrets to their competitors via the “mentorship”? All the while not even getting paid for coaching. The referral fee is just for the referral. And no one coaches someone for $20 or less…

No referral fee offsets the costs of crowding your market and making yourself dispensable.

And if someone hires a person, they want that person.

Would you paint your toenails and then shoot your foot?

This makes zero sense. You’re only thinking of it by how it would help you, not on the impact it would have on the other parties involved. Your incentives aren’t incentives. They’re deterrents.

This is silly. Sorry.

Why would a seller do something that increases their competition in the market and passes along their secrets to their competitors via the “mentorship”? All the while not even getting paid for coaching. The referral fee is just for the referral. And no one coaches someone for $20 or less…

No referral fee offsets the costs of crowding your market and making yourself dispensable.

And if someone hires a person, they want that person.

Would you paint your toenails and then shoot your foot?

This makes zero sense. You’re only thinking of it by how it would help you, not on the impact it would have on the other parties involved. Your incentives aren’t incentives. They’re deterrents.

Your incentives aren’t incentives. They’re deterrents.

Experienced sellers hope and expect their competition to fail. That’s the nature of the beast. We don’t want our competitors to succeed. This should go without saying.

And this is not to mention the time it takes to teach someone who isn’t really capable of learning. Any new seller who needs what is suggested would probably fall into that category.

Guest humanissocial

Your incentives aren’t incentives. They’re deterrents.

Experienced sellers hope and expect their competition to fail. That’s the nature of the beast. We don’t want our competitors to succeed. This should go without saying.

And this is not to mention the time it takes to teach someone who isn’t really capable of learning. Any new seller who needs what is suggested would probably fall into that category.

And this is not to mention the time it takes to teach someone who as we see isn’t really capable of learning.

Exactly.

The sellers who would do this program are not the cream of the crop and mentorship is only helpful if the person shows promise and is on the right track. It’s not a babysitter for incompetent people who haven’t been able to succeed by merit.

The myth prevails that sales happen because of luck and that unsuccessful sellers are simply unlucky. No. They’re incompetent, lazy and want to learn tricks instead of actual skills.

And this is not to mention the time it takes to teach someone who as we see isn’t really capable of learning.

Exactly.

The sellers who would do this program are not the cream of the crop and mentorship is only helpful if the person shows promise and is on the right track. It’s not a babysitter for incompetent people who haven’t been able to succeed by merit.

The myth prevails that sales happen because of luck and that unsuccessful sellers are simply unlucky. No. They’re incompetent, lazy and want to learn tricks instead of actual skills.

The sellers who would do this program are not the cream of the crop

That’s probably an understatement.

Guest humanissocial

The sellers who would do this program are not the cream of the crop

That’s probably an understatement.

Yeah I was being diplomatic. :rofl:

Why would I spend my time mentoring and delegating tasks to someone when I can do it much quicker and better myself? What is in it for me?

Okay, fine. I will mentor you for $10,000. I can send you a custom offer if you would like. Offer is available for a limited time only!!!11onehundredandeleven11!!! Get it while it is hot! 🥵 It doesn’t get any better than this!!! 🌟

Well, yes, @vibronx - that’s usually how it’s done. But not a one off. You need to make it an exclusive mastermind group for $5000 a month …

I guess you are right…

$5000 per month, but only $59,999 per year if you choose an annual membership! I’ll throw in a free towel as well if you commit yourself to a 2-year membership!

Guest humanissocial

I guess you are right…

$5000 per month, but only $59,999 per year if you choose an annual membership! I’ll throw in a free towel as well if you commit yourself to a 2-year membership!

Only if you’re my full time marketing planner for free. Then I’ll take your mastermind for a 60% discount and give me referrals for commissions I bring to you.

The exposure I bring you will make up for all of the losses, especially once I pass along your advice to incompetent competitors. Everybody wins, amirite?!

Archived