Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked!

coerdelion

Most Pros I’m seeing right now put it in their premium package.

Those Pros should take a long hard look at what they are doing. That makes no sense. Unlimited revisions don’t exist, and there’s no reason to offer them. Much less to announce them - I have 1 free revision in all my gigs, and then depending on client or project I may offer more for free at my discretion to satisfy them, but the order still says 1 free revision.

I’ll never sign a contract on a fixed price (which is what an active order is) offering “unlimited revisions”. That doesn’t make any sense.

And order price doesn’t really have much to do with it. If I charge $x for a project, that means I estimate that project will take me around “y” time and deliver “z” value for the client. If you pay $1000 for something that is worth $1000 of my time, or provides way more than $1000 of value to you, why would expect unlimited revisions on it? You seem to think certain price points are just “a lot of money”, and that justifies it. They’re not - they’re the amount of money the client will pay if he feels they’ll get their return. Price is relative.

Finally, no professional should never expect to do unlimited revisions. If you are good at what you do and the client is reasonable (if he’s not, you should turn him down) you will get it right quickly. Unlimited revisions = wasted time on both ends. When you go to a mechanic for your car, how many revisions do you get? If you go to a restaurant, how many revisions do you get?

thanks for your kind explanation.

Thanks for making this video. It’s so true

Especially about point 2. I am sick of those youtube gurus who make these silly videos only for views and newbies come to this platforms without any skills and cry about not getting orders. You said right background removal is the most saturated makret and more and more sellers are coming in this without any skills.

correct thing you said :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fiverr encourages sellers to share their gigs to social media in order to increase word of mouth as part of their own marketing strategy. That said, being a freelancer is also a career, and in the digital age, marketing and engaging with customers and other professionals through technology is a part of doing business.

The reason myth 3 exists is because there are people who don’t understand social media marketing as a business tool for establishing their brand.

They mistakenly believe that the fast track method to getting tons of sales is to continuously share links to their Fiverr gigs over and over again in posts that have little to no substance and without considering if it’s valuable to their audience.

There are people who spam their gigs through posts on personal social media accounts, where the majority of their followers are family members and personal friends, who follow them for memes, posts about the funny things their children do or updates on their kitchen remodel, not to see 5-10 posts, 20 times a day asking for someone to buy their gigs.

And yet, people still do it, and it gets them nowhere, except to annoy people and make that seller out as a spammer. That’s what the OP’s video is trying to get across.

yea it is correct 🤑

• Like 2

It’s really true.
I think not only on Fiverr but also on other freelancing sites there’s the same situation.
And I have seen multiple YouTubers saying you don’t need to have any skills to work on Freelancing.
And its strange to staying online 24/7 and getting orders.

• Like 2

It’s really true.

I think not only on Fiverr but also on other freelancing sites there’s the same situation.

And I have seen multiple YouTubers saying you don’t need to have any skills to work on Freelancing.

Those are really bad advice but one has to be active on Fiverr to get order.

• Like 1

It’s really true.

horrible advice. Freelancers are Professionals. The fact that you are not a worker doesn’t mean you are not qualified or you don’t have skills. To be successful you must be one of the best, means competition and also studying every single day. The more you study and learn, the more you become successful because customers understand you are skilled or not.

• Like 3